PDA

View Full Version : How do you fix drivers side door sag and window rattle, is there any adjustment?

Kelvinator
12th August 2011, 02:49 AM
Howdy peepoles,
Have a major amount of sag from the drivers door hinge/slop and rattle from the door latch/ and consequential rattle from the drivers side fast glass window. Anyone bothered to fix these issues and how did you do it? I know the latches letting the doors rattle turning the interior light into a stobe light is a fairly common patrol problem but id like to make mine one without. I like my waters crossings with the water on the outside of the vehicle ha ha

timbar
12th August 2011, 03:04 AM
sounds like worn pins if not maybe try 2mm thick washers in behind the hinge mounts on the bottom hinge to lift the door slightly to realign the door there is a silicone spray that you can buy to spray in the runners of the windows that makes the rubbers swell slightly to stop the windows rattling dont know if these will help but if it sounds right for what you want then give it a go ???

Kelvinator
12th August 2011, 05:42 AM
yeah mate cheers, i hadn't though of chucking spacers into the bottom hinge, i might have a gander at that. Same with the spray, i really didnt wana be tryin to stick my head inside the door to fiddle with those window rails. I dont spose anyone knows where i can get hinge pins from?

MQ MAD
12th August 2011, 09:37 AM
So the door hinges are flogged out ???
Thats what ya mean by door sag ???

If so Rod '"The Ferret" can supply rebushed hinges on an exchange basis
(Contact him for more info)
Door hinges flogging out is a patrol issue on MQ/MK/GQ ,GU onwards dont care

Kelvinator
17th August 2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah im hoping that it is just in the hinges. If i cant find some pins i might have to give old mate a yell. Cheers buddy

patch697
17th August 2011, 01:51 PM
Replacement hinges & new bailey channel is the way to go...... Its a bit of work but will last for years so its worth it IMO.....

Brina
20th June 2012, 05:57 PM
Good advice. Has any tried the spacers idea? How did it go.

Richo460
20th June 2012, 07:56 PM
mine had the same problem, i bought new hinges on ebay and got new bailey channel for the window from rare spares. works great. Changing the hinges was a pain as i basicall had to take the guard off.

Hoggy
20th June 2012, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I had the same problem and had to change out the hinges. I managed to do it without taking off the guards with an offset ring spanner with a 5 degree ratchet..... only took me 20 minutes per bolt! ;)

Kelvinator
29th April 2013, 02:51 PM
A bailey channel, which bit is that? Just so i know what to look for? And im still tryin to get ahold of the ferret, no luck so far

NP99
29th April 2013, 03:23 PM
http://atocauto.com.au/proddetail.asp?prod=KNGUFDH

http://www.patrolapart.com.au/product/door-hinges/nissan-patrol-gu-y61-genuine-front-door-hinge-2

healy
29th April 2013, 04:31 PM
I need to do all my doors where do I get bailey channel? Clark rubber?

threedogs
29th April 2013, 04:41 PM
Not sure, Rare spares ????

Bob
29th April 2013, 04:53 PM
Check this out

http://www.clarkrubber.com.au/bailey-channel-seals.html

my third 256
30th April 2013, 05:57 AM
retuned tv and still cant get bailey channel

NP99
30th April 2013, 02:13 PM
retuned tv and still cant get bailey channel

Try harder :)

mudski
30th April 2013, 04:32 PM
I need to do all my doors where do I get bailey channel? Clark rubber?
OEM only for the GU's healy. They are a moulded type of channel. Not like the Q's where anything fits. But having said that, the drivers door window on my GU would rattle when down about half way. I noticed the front section of the channel, just before where the channel turns 45 degrees and up the front of the door, it was very worn out. So heres what I did.

Remove window from door
Remove the regulator
Remove the front steel strip which holds the bailey channel in place
Took the strip to CR to get the right sized channel.
Got home and had a beer.
I then removed the old channel up to about half way up the 45 degree section
and cut the old channel off just before the first bend ( this section is covered by both mirror mount and a plastic cover on the inside
Inserted and cut to length the new bailey channel
Glued the bastard in.
Had another beer.
Put everything back together and had more beer to congratulate myself for not spending $150 on an OEM channel, but $12 was spent.

Kelvinator
30th April 2013, 04:46 PM
Hey man thanks for that

Kelvinator
30th April 2013, 04:48 PM
Never would have thought of clarke rubber. As far as the hinges go i spoke to the ferret last night and he no longer does the hinges but they are on ebay, around a hundred dollars a door for the good ones

mudski
30th April 2013, 09:25 PM
Never would have thought of clarke rubber. As far as the hinges go i spoke to the ferret last night and he no longer does the hinges but they are on ebay, around a hundred dollars a door for the good ones
I got an OEM one from Patrolapart for around $60 for my U by memory....