PDA

View Full Version : new engine

big datto
11th August 2011, 09:58 AM
anymore info on new diesel engine for nissan seems everything has gone quiet cheers

Bigrig
11th August 2011, 11:35 AM
Sorry mate. Are you asking about the new engine they're bringing out, or a new diesel for yours? Must have missed your first post ...

big datto
12th August 2011, 05:26 PM
yeah mate the new one there releasing

YNOT
12th August 2011, 06:00 PM
Nothing has been confirmed yet.
The V9X V6 turbo diesel that is widely rumoured to be going into the Patrol is already in use in the current top spec Pathfinder and Navara.

Tony

MudRunnerTD
12th August 2011, 09:43 PM
A guy in the Philippines on Patrol4x4 has posted a bit recently about a rebirth of the mighty 4.2 but with compliance and maybe a different head!!!! Hell Yeah!

Asian resale price stands at 39,000 to 47,000 USD the new 4.2 will entering the showroom floor.Comes standard with the same auto gearbox as found in the 4.8 (command shift). Got the email from dealer on friday if I would be willing to come down to view the 2012 when it arrives. Engine is tier 5 so it meets all EU and US regulations. I post some pics as soon as he get them so I expect tuesday. This new model engine is for Y61 Patrol. There is no body trim upgrade but it comes with black bumpers and alloys. Body trim painting has to done with the sales dealer. No sat nav and trim inside looks like grey cloth. Seating is still 3 row setup and no wood trim from the picture I have seen in shipping port.

I'm expecting nissan could be even looking at putting this engine in new patrol P62 for African,Asian and Euro market. At tier 5 thats a very well advanced engine that will take them well up to 2015. I've asked for picture of engine as I expect it to have blower fitted to it and maybe a all new common rail setup.

I think this real good setup in regards to engine and gearbox. Bringing back the 4.2 is the correct choice for the Y61 and I would also expect to see it in the Y62. The question is will Oz get it or will they hold it back untill all the 3.0 stock has been sold off.

big datto
12th August 2011, 09:55 PM
that would be sweet common rail twin turbo intercooled 4.2 pumping about 200 plus kw oh well we can dream i guess ha ha