PDA

View Full Version : Find me spot

Peacemaker
10th August 2011, 08:15 AM
http://www.findmespot.net.au/

Just over on a Hunting forum and they were runing a group buy on PLB's. I text a mate to see if he was intersted and he put me on to this. Sounds like a bit of "must have kit" when out in the bush or were ever.

SPOT. THE WORLD'S FIRST SATELLITE MESSENGER

WHAT IS SPOT?

With the SPOT Satellite Messenger, you and your loved ones have peace of mind knowing help is always within reach. SPOT is the only device of its kind, using the GPS satellite network to acquire its coordinates, and then sending its location - with a link to Google Maps - and a pre-programmed message via a commercial satellite network. And unlike Personal Locator Beacons, SPOT does more than just call for help.

Tracking your progress, checking in with loved ones, and non-emergency assistance are also available, all at the push of a button. And because it uses 100% satellite technology, SPOT works around the world - even where cell phones don't.

SPOT gets you tracking and help in even more places! New coverage map is now available.

Spot gives you a vital line of communication from just about anywhere in the world. Spot determines your exact location via the GPS constellation. Using the GEOS communication satellite, SPOT sends pre-programmed messages and your location to nominated email addresses and mobile phones. These messages can then be opened in Google Earth with a marker at your current location.

In a real emergency, 000 services will be dispatched to your location via the Australian Search and Rescue regional Communication Centre.

What's Your Life Worth?

TRACK PROGRESS
Send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress using Google Maps™.
CHECK IN - I AM OK
Let contacts know where you are and that you’re okay worldwide.
911 (EMERGENCY)
Dispatch emergency responders to your exact location via the Australian Search and Rescue Regional Communication Centre.
HELP! - ASK FOR HELP
Request help from friends and family at your exact location.

nowoolies
10th August 2011, 08:17 AM
not a bad little unit
good find mate

nissan-nut
18th August 2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks for great Info

Woof
18th August 2011, 06:04 PM
They are great, got one years ago.

Bigrig
18th August 2011, 06:47 PM
Outstanding .... will be investing in one prior to next years trip!! Top find old mate!!!

Arman
3rd September 2011, 10:57 PM
I never heard of it here in Bangladesh

the godfather
4th September 2011, 09:43 PM
Great idea. Might have to look at one of these before heading out back.

fs1952
8th May 2013, 08:17 PM
Got one four years ago, never be with out it.

the ferret
8th May 2013, 08:39 PM
A handy tool I would say, all we need now is one that will find a stolen GQ lol.
Cheers, the ferret.

Safari Njema
8th August 2013, 03:27 AM
I want one before my next CKGR trip!

Kast
8th August 2013, 08:54 PM
And good for trips like this!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=22404