PDA

View Full Version : 90 mod mav nissan

big datto
9th August 2011, 06:34 PM
hey everyone. got some probs with old mav im doing up theres a bit of rust around the back sliding windows, and got no idea how to pull them out is it easy to fix or swap them with ones that have no rust shes done sweet bugger all 90 mod 189000ks td42 but had to put air cond in bloody hot out here lol

growler2058
9th August 2011, 06:49 PM
Barely run in ay. Someone will have an answer for ya i got the pov pak and the windows are fixed:clownredpuff:

Woof
9th August 2011, 06:52 PM
Mate there was a thread that covered your question here a while back I think, got no idea where though, maybe try a search.

YNOT
9th August 2011, 07:26 PM
The windows are just held in by the rubber surrounds and maybe a bit of silastic.
Easiest way to get them out is with 2 people, one on the outside to catch the window and the other on the inside, start in one corner peeling up the rubber surround while gently pushing on the window, keep working your way around until it pops out.

Tony

big datto
9th August 2011, 07:49 PM
thanks matey, was going to hook in and have a go but thought i had better have ask someone who had done it before. ive got spare 94 nissan which i bought for spares and to grab the air con out of shes a petrol 4.2 autos buggerd but donk has done only 201000 efi if any one needs one. cheers mate hope i can help out you or someone else later thanks.

big datto
9th August 2011, 07:52 PM
maybe the pov pack a better idea no water to lay in channels of window slide.

Silver
9th August 2011, 10:48 PM
in Qld if GQ had third row seats, need to get an engineer ticket etc if permanently removed - indications of permanent removal is removal of seat belts as well. If there were originally third row seats, there must also be sliding windows..........

That's Qld, and your NSW, so who knows what applies there, and perhaps only an issue in Qld if you want to sell and or run into a tough inspector.

All of that said, I don't mind having the rear sliders in.

Wife and I replaced ours, came out really easy as YNOT says, putting the new ones in was just the usual cord in the groove in the rubber trick, and a bit of pushing and pulling. The guns probably use detergent and water or spray lubricant, don't know, but we got there in the end with very little trouble

Finly Owner
9th August 2011, 10:52 PM
The windows are just held in by the rubber surrounds and maybe a bit of silastic.
Easiest way to get them out is with 2 people, one on the outside to catch the window and the other on the inside, start in one corner peeling up the rubber surround while gently pushing on the window, keep working your way around until it pops out.

TonyThanks Tony, I do them by myself. If you can slide the window open, start peeling rubber at the bottom corner, and work up wards, peel both top and bottom until you reach the middle, then tug gently on the frame(careful they bend), and they just sort of peel themselves out. Obviously you need to be on the outside of the vehicle.

I do agree two is the best way, no damage to frames etc. But, getting me and my missus to work on a car is explosive. LOL!

Tim