PDA

View Full Version : GQ 2.8td ECU Problem

Steveo93
8th August 2011, 09:03 PM
My tacho, fuel guage and glow plug warming has stopped working. Vehicle still starts but runs really rough initially until warmed up. I am told the problem is in the ECU. Has anyone got any ideas here, or spares for sale or a possible fix or where i might get it fixed. The price new from Nissan can only be described as extortionate. Any help really appreciated. Steve

NissanGQ4.2
8th August 2011, 09:07 PM
Post up an intro Steve, you will find more members will try and help out if they see an intro there.

Cheers

Todd

YNOT
8th August 2011, 09:12 PM
I'd be getting a second opinion, GQ 2.8 is a mechanical diesel and does not have an ECU.

Tony

Yendor
8th August 2011, 09:14 PM
Have you checked your fuses?

Steveo93
8th August 2011, 09:27 PM
Thanks guys Yep had an auto sparky check all fuses. The problem is in a small silver metal box (i just assumed ECU) approx 6" square located in the kick panel on the drivers side (beside accellerator). He pulled it out and it has a burning smell in it, pulled the lid off but cannot see anything visible. It's a 97 GQ.

Steveo93
8th August 2011, 09:28 PM
Todd Thanks for the advice but am not sure what you mean by post an intro

AB
8th August 2011, 09:30 PM
Todd Thanks for the advice but am not sure what you mean by post an intro

G'day Steveo, he means put a post up in the introductions section to say hi to the friendly community and a couple of sentences about yourself.

Welcome to the forum too mate, good bunch of friendly people here!

Yendor
8th August 2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys Yep had an auto sparky check all fuses. The problem is in a small silver metal box (i just assumed ECU) approx 6" square located in the kick panel on the drivers side (beside accellerator). He pulled it out and it has a burning smell in it, pulled the lid off but cannot see anything visible. It's a 97 GQ.

That would be the glow plug control unit, but this would not stop your tacho or fuel gauge from working unless you had a blown ignition fuse.