PDA

View Full Version : Temporary paint protection!

archangel
8th August 2011, 05:05 PM
Hi All,

After a brief chat with an admin, I would like some feedback on the following!

I have a product that I use on a lot of clients cars, that provides a high level of protection from scratches, rubs and the like on paint panels. My problem is I have not had enough 'testing' done for 4wd applications although I am super confident the product has a place in the market.

Basically you can leave the product on for as short term as you like, and up to 12 months. It is self adhesive, and removal will not leave any left over adhesive on the surface. Best way to describe its use, is a self adhesive car bra, that is clear with a matte texture, that you can put on which ever part of the car you like (other than glass). Cost is around $25 per square meter (you install yourself)

I figure it could work well for those with decent panels already, who want to do a bit of the rough stuff, then just rip off the film once they are done. Most of my clients use it on their sedans for interstate trips etc, hence the lack of 4wd trials.

Two questions:
1. Is it something that sounds good for 4wd (ie does it have a place in the market?).
2. Does $25 per square meter sound cheap? I dont want to create a product that is too expensive for anyone to use, as its not about making mountains out of this idea...

Appreciate the thoughts gentlemen and ladies! Please be 100% assured and clear: I am not trying to push my product on here at all, just wanting those with opinions and experience to discuss with me. Thank you in advance!

AB
8th August 2011, 05:22 PM
I personally think it has a place in the market. There are some very nice newer 4wd owners who may only take their 4wd out once a year and want to look after it.

I guess you need to ask yourself for $25 m2 you will need to cover approx 10m2 - 12m2 a vehicle (bonnet and both sides only).

Would you pay $250 for this?

Maybe they will, if you own a $50,000 4wd with mint paintwork then maybe you would.

Unfortunately my GQ looks like a scratched demon so I am not your customer....lol

Good luck with it though mate, I do believe there is a place for it but you will need to market it correctly and get the name out in every single 4wd forum and event possible.

You may have to bite the bullet and put an advert in 4wd Action but not sure on what your budget is to get this into the market....

nowoolies
8th August 2011, 06:01 PM
Hi All,

After a brief chat with an admin, I would like some feedback on the following!

I have a product that I use on a lot of clients cars, that provides a high level of protection from scratches, rubs and the like on paint panels. My problem is I have not had enough 'testing' done for 4wd applications although I am super confident the product has a place in the market.

Basically you can leave the product on for as short term as you like, and up to 12 months. It is self adhesive, and removal will not leave any left over adhesive on the surface. Best way to describe its use, is a self adhesive car bra, that is clear with a matte texture, that you can put on which ever part of the car you like (other than glass). Cost is around $25 per square meter (you install yourself)

I figure it could work well for those with decent panels already, who want to do a bit of the rough stuff, then just rip off the film once they are done. Most of my clients use it on their sedans for interstate trips etc, hence the lack of 4wd trials.

Two questions:
1. Is it something that sounds good for 4wd (ie does it have a place in the market?).
2. Does $25 per square meter sound cheap? I dont want to create a product that is too expensive for anyone to use, as its not about making mountains out of this idea...

Appreciate the thoughts gentlemen and ladies! Please be 100% assured and clear: I am not trying to push my product on here at all, just wanting those with opinions and experience to discuss with me. Thank you in advance!

forget that stuff
by your self a bottle of the origional Turtel wax
and give your bus a good work over
and believe me you wont regret it

i had the Nissan paint protection done at the cooks say so
285.00 what a load of crock lasted about 3 months
then no more beading of water ect and dirt stuck to it like glue

i have done the bus twice in that time with Turtle wax and the paint still looks like new
the water beads and runs off all the time
no other product i have tried do`es this sort of job fort as long as this
and for under $10.00 and a bit of elbow grease fantastic

i have no connection with the makers of turtle wax
just that i have used it for over 35 years on all my vehicles
and luv the stuff

and if your paint is faded it will make it look like new again
bush pinstripes polish out real easy with this

Finly Owner
8th August 2011, 08:46 PM
could you please send me some info on this product via a PM hopefully with a link to your website if you have one. I will pass it on to someone involved with the Endeavour Rally, as some of these cars are absolute art pieces that need protedtion from scrub scratches. And the owners have money/good sponsors that allow them to put a lot into prepping their cars well.

Tim

adrian
20th August 2011, 12:10 PM
have you contacted any hire car companys? I live near the southern end of the blooomfield track and at this time of year there is a fairly constant stream of shiny new looking troopies heading north and very red and i would guess scratched troopies heading south - must cost them a lot to keep them clean

luxo barge
21st September 2011, 08:43 AM
Is this similar to a roll on / brush on product that applies a rubberish clear film to windows on new buildings on building sites to protect the glass from scratches whilst building ?
If so, this product has been used before on 4wd's and seems to work just fine. I think there was a mob a few years back at the 4wd show in Brisbane at the RNA selling this stuff.
The building site mobs use a company with GOOP in it's name.

Clunk
22nd September 2011, 01:09 AM
i reckon this has certainly got a place in the market, specially for the reasonably new car owbers out there..................... but like AB, I drive a scratched up old Trol that Nowoolies is gonna buff up with his Turtle Wax!!!!!!! lol

Ben-e-boy
23rd September 2011, 09:15 PM
I agree with no woolies I have a heap of polish on mine and when its clean It looks great (from afar).

some of the lantana scratchs I have are pretty hefty It would want to stick better than sh!t to a blanket

but then again my idea of temporary paint protection is an exo cage lol and not being on my side or roof lol

Bigrig
23rd September 2011, 10:54 PM
This stuff would be good for a tourer I reckon ... especially for mild bush and gravel road travel ...