PDA

View Full Version : Y60 safari fuel cut out

steveh
8th August 2011, 03:30 PM
hi there,
im looking for some info on how to install a simple fuel cutout switch, as a deterrent to theft, a few of these get stolen here, does someone have a wireing diagram for the fuel relay ?? or is there a better way ?? any info will be appreciated
cheers
steve

Woof
8th August 2011, 05:53 PM
Hey Steve just moved your thread to here mate, you may get some help soon.....sorry but I cannot help you.

Finly Owner
8th August 2011, 09:15 PM
G'day Steve,
I beleive an electric fuel solenoid running from a toggle switch is the way to go. Place it in fuel pick up line near your tank. Get power activated one. Use a tiny toggle switch ( so it's unseen) placed in an inconspicuoas place, that you don't have to been seen reaching/bending for every time you flick it on/off. Power it from your ignition, so it only has power when ignition is on.

Sorry I don't have any pics or diagrams.

Tim

Cam
8th August 2011, 09:27 PM
hiya steve, something to consider, fuel cut switches, wont stop a thief from breaking in and TRYING to start your baby, not saying its a bad idea, because its actually a very good idea, but having something visual as well might help stop thieves rom breaking the glass in the first place.

Camo

themudman
24th August 2012, 07:34 PM
Steve,
Suggest you partially (not fully) disconnect the brown fuel cut out solenoid plug in the engine bay so the contact disconnection is not apparent to a casual viewer.
My vehicle was broken into several months ago.
They managed to move it about 2 metres in gear on the starter and then abandoned the attempt.
Every switch (even the hidden ones) in the cab had been found and flicked.
I now also remove the steering wheel.
Dave

roadthumperpatrol
24th August 2012, 10:01 PM
Agreed put in an alarm and you'll always sleep sound ;)

mudnut
25th August 2012, 03:15 PM
G'day Steve,
I beleive an electric fuel solenoid running from a toggle switch is the way to go. Place it in fuel pick up line near your tank. Get power activated one. Use a tiny toggle switch ( so it's unseen) placed in an inconspicuoas place, that you don't have to been seen reaching/bending for every time you flick it on/off. Power it from your ignition, so it only has power when ignition is on.

Sorry I don't have any pics or diagrams.

Tim

Just a quick note for anyone fitting a fuel cut out to a carby engine; The engine will run for up to forty seconds after it is started, so an audible alarm to indicate that the fuel is cut out may save you or your loved ones stalling in a dangerous predicament. Once bitten twice shy.

Yendor
25th August 2012, 04:04 PM
If you are setting up your own immobiliser system I would recommend disabling at least 2 of these 3 items .....fuel,spark and starter motor.

This can be operated by a single hidden switch. You can also get a flashing LED from Jaycar so it looks like you have an alarm fitted.

I don't recommend alarms especially in 4WDs the dust, vibrations and moisture kill them.