8th August 2010, 08:12 PM
Hi All,
I drive a 2000 GU TB45E auto wagon with the following mods;
50mm lift kit
Extractors and 2.5 inch sports exhaust system
Full aluminium roof rack
Duel rear tyre carrier
Steel bull bar with 12000 lb winch
Duel fuel with 100 lt lpg gas tank 80 Litre Petrol tank (in place of sub tank)
33 inch 285x75x16 Cooper tyres.
UHF Radio
Home made rear draws and cargo barrier
Duel batteries

Some photos below;

locks
8th August 2010, 08:26 PM
Nice set up mate, you dont see many people using the cylinders for tent pole/fishing rod holders anymore.

They work a treat! Nice set up all round.

Woof
8th August 2010, 08:58 PM
Welcome Butty, enjoy mate

DX grunt
8th August 2010, 09:58 PM
Hey Butty.

Great Rig. What's yr km/lt like on dual fuel? My flex would be on a paving brick. lol

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Timbo
8th August 2010, 10:05 PM
How do you find the power of the 4.5? Always wondered if those engines were any good. They seem like a real in-between motor with the 4.8 above them.

patch697
9th August 2010, 10:53 AM
Thats the business.... Nice looking Rig & that back bar setup looks strong as. Did those inserts for the lights in the front bar come with it or did you buy or make them up yourself? I have a mate who's looking to do the same thing to his & I cant wait to show him your setup... He's gonna wig

Cheers
Paul

MudRunnerTD
9th August 2010, 11:23 AM
Thats the business.... Nice looking Rig & that back bar setup looks strong as. Did those inserts for the lights in the front bar come with it or did you buy or make them up yourself? I have a mate who's looking to do the same thing to his & I cant wait to show him your setup... He's gonna wig

Cheers
Paul

Hey Paul, i reckon it is an Ironman bar and that is how they come standard i think. looks neat as. I like that rear bar too.

Butty
9th August 2010, 11:40 AM
Hi All,
Patch697 - the lights were in the bar - make of the bar is an Ironman.

DX grunt - to be honest I really dont take much notice km/lt around town but I have a 20 foot caravan (2350kg) that my wife and I use often and towing at 90kph I used 27 lt per 100km. My personal opinion is that gas is a must for me as it saves me heeps of money and I dont feel any loss of power compared to petrol. I have a large petrol tank 85lt in case gas is not available.

G-Unit - The 4.5 is basically a bored out 4.2 with upgraded fuel injection. It is basic truck engine that is old school design compared to the 4.8 which has overhead cam etc.
The reason I picked the 4.5 is it does not have a rubber timing belt and the tappets are not shimmed as the 4.8 (costs a lot more to do). This is especially good for me as the tappets as a rule of thumb need adjusting every 20,000km because of using gas.
If looked after the 4.5 is a reliable engine but can be thirsty but is easy to maintain and will last.

Regards
Danny

Finly Owner
20th August 2010, 10:40 PM
Nicely thought out, I like the twin spares.