PDA

View Full Version : New Y62 incoming.

Eamon
6th June 2022, 02:25 PM
Good afternoon

By way of introduction, I’m the current owner of a GUIV ST patrol, had it since new 16 years ago. Finally decided it’s time to upgrade and I have ordered a Y62 Ti. Delivery due in July/August.

I’ve been starting some homework on the gear I’ll fit - nothing like some of the work being done by some on here (looking at you Mudrunner). But it’ll have a bull bar (ARB when they sort the Ti model out), snorkel, exhaust, lights, roof rack and electrics. Maybe fit a Unichip if the budget allows…

I’m leaning towards the Torquit cat back exhaust as I’ve read it is a little more ‘refined’. I don’t want a loud drone whilst towing long distance. Anyone had experience with the Torqit?

One thing I’ve seen on many videos now is the ‘wood grain delete’. I’m not a huge fan of the wood grain, and I really like the brushed black look. Has anyone done this? Did you do it yourself or pay someone to do it. I’ve thought about giving it a go myself, but I reckon I’d end up doing a poor job and then have to get some to do it for me anyway.

In this video below there is a glimpse of a Harrop Y62 with the brushed black (0:50) - this is what I’m after.

https://youtu.be/M_GYW9u2JyQ

Yes, I’m looking at a supercharger but looking is as far as I’ll go I think.

How much could I expect to pay to get this wrapping done and anyone got any recommendations on who to speak to? I live in Gippsland but in Melbourne frequently.

Looking forward to getting the car and drawing on some experience here when building it up.

Eamon

Stropp
7th June 2022, 12:03 PM
Check mudrunners build the62

growler2058
7th June 2022, 12:40 PM
G'day mate, welcome aboard.