PDA

View Full Version : wagon rear bar

Havoc
7th August 2011, 11:58 AM
hay every body ive been busy since the last time in here
just done a swap for my gu ute for a gu wagon, needed for the kids.
swaped out every thing. td42t, 6 inch lift, both diffs. i got the 4:3's, 35's and so on and so on.
Any way its got the run of the mill rear alloy and broken plastic bar, looks crap, ive been looking around for aftermarket steel bit to attach to it. mainly because the high lift dose'nt like the alloy to jack from. any ideas..

growler2058
7th August 2011, 12:02 PM
Foters foters foters :-)

growler2058
7th August 2011, 12:04 PM
Millweld industries do a good rear bar for a GU

Havoc
7th August 2011, 12:06 PM
Millweld industries do a good rear bar for a GU
cool will check it out, you havent got a web site or pic by any chance

Clunk
7th August 2011, 12:08 PM
cool will check it out, you havent got a web site or pic by any chance

just do a google search for Millweld, easy to find

Havoc
7th August 2011, 12:11 PM
just do a google search for Millweld, easy to find

cheers for the tip

growler2058
7th August 2011, 12:11 PM
I do but am too challenged to work out how to copy using tappacrap but google is your friend:-)

kingy
7th August 2011, 12:23 PM
Just be prepared to be scared on the price.....even the cheap ones are around the 2k mark and ARB and Kaymar are even scarier

Cheers

Clunk
7th August 2011, 12:35 PM
hey havoc, I almost forgot, pop into the Vendors section, there's a great bloke goes by the name of XLR8 does a load of bar work..................... based in WA though, might be worth a gander

YNOT
7th August 2011, 12:53 PM
Have a look at this thread for ideas; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?4496-The-GU-custom-barwork-inspiration-thread&highlight=barwork+inspiration

Tony

Bigrig
7th August 2011, 01:40 PM
I built this for the back of mine - $155 total cost and that included all grinding disks, bolts etc - and I have material left over). Not the flashest bar on the planet, but neat and extremely strong (it's copped a pounding as others on here can verify and has stood up to the lot so far!!). It's strong enough to take another wheel mount also if I wanted (just couldn't figure out a latch setup for it - coz I'm a bit simple!! lol).

Obviously there is a myriad of options you could do ...