PDA

View Full Version : Encouragement for us all

DX grunt
8th August 2010, 11:39 AM
Hey people

I would like to encourage you all to have a say in your forum.

I am very conscious that I have lots to say and I don't want to appear to be hogging the forum.

We have all participated in a fantastic forum - nothing like anything I've ever seen. We are all here because we want to be here, and have chosen to sign up as members.

I fully understand that we lead somewhat 'hectic' lives and have other priorities higher than this forum. Because I do shift work and have different days off during the week, it appears that I'm on here all the time, but I'm not.

Feel free to have a laugh or spray a keyboard at my expense. I've learnt from my mistakes too! :driving2:

Please be encouraged to 'pop in' occasionally and say "hi", ask any questions, or welcome the newbies. This is our forum.

Signed....One addicted dude.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Finly Owner
10th August 2010, 10:15 PM
ross it's good to recognise the regulars, and still be treated as part of the big picture when you're a newbie like myself who has what seems insignificant against some the serious rigs here.

patch697
10th August 2010, 10:35 PM
ross it's good to recognise the regulars, and still be treated as part of the big picture when you're a newbie like myself who has what seems insignificant against some the serious rigs here.

No members or there Rigs are insignificant here Tim Thats what makes this forum a cut above the rest & I for one am glad to see ppl like you out there keeping the old girls alive & kicking.

Cheers Mate
Paul

DX grunt
11th August 2010, 08:19 AM
No members or there Rigs are insignificant here Tim Thats what makes this forum a cut above the rest & I for one am glad to see ppl like you out there keeping the old girls alive & kicking.

Cheers Mate
Paul

So true Paul. My trucks got cheesecutters (standard thin tyres) and I love them. Others prefer fat tyres. You have to work out what u want your truck for. ATM, my trucks 90% road use, so muddies would be useless.

It's natural to be envious of other peoples' trucks. I don't use the word jealous.

I find I have to prioritise my 'wants' and 'needs', and needs come before wants.

It's great to dream. I'm happy with my truck but I 'want' all the techno gadgets
that others have, but ATM, I can't. So, I'll just keep dreaming.

While I'm dreaming, I gain knowledge about the product that I want.
Maybe after researching, it's not for me.

I'd like a decent sound system for my pod on the back of my ute, but although
I'd like enough sound to come out of my doof doof, so that yr fillings vibrate out 3 streets
away, it aint gunna happen in the near future.

Keep dreaming Tim. You'll get there one day. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The guys here have lots of wisdom and knowledge and have given me confidence to at least
lift the bonnet and look around. I checked the oil the other day and i was that cold, and shaking
that much, that I arked the dipstick on the battery and the oil on the dipstick caught fire.

At the time, it wasn't funny, but now it is, and it's simple stuff like that, that others will learn
from, I hope. It was a shocking experience. lol

Keep dreaming, have plans, prioritise your needs versus wants, and go for it.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

patch697
11th August 2010, 09:03 AM
Nothing wrong with you Rig Rossco its a top unit (im a bit envious myself here).

I had an MQ before the Mav which now belongs to a friend & I still love the old girl. Im as happy as a pig in mud to see here loved & well looked after & my mate thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread & he'd be right cos she is one tough old truck.

Top marks on your thread BTW Rossco, its important for all new members & visitor to understand what we are about here. Some here have already been on other forums & experienced the dreaded keyboard bashing's & clicky club mentality & im sure have come away scratching there heads as I have done.

This is not us ppl we joke around as im sure you will find out after reading some threads & chatting with us yourselves but ask a question any question big or small whether you think it silly or not & we will do our best to help, no keyboard bashing (unless done in jest & in a friendly manner) & everyone here treats each other as equals no matter who you are & I think thats the message here.

So feel free to join in, you are more than welcome & you will feel right at home in no time flat GUARANTEED.

Cheers
Paul

Finly Owner
11th August 2010, 09:50 PM
Yeah dosh also keeps my dreams in line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Picked up 4 of 235-85-16a/t at Toowoomba $200 in February good buy I reckon near new tread but have some very fine age cracks but will be fine to use.