PDA

View Full Version : 4jj1 into gu

jay see
25th February 2022, 02:15 PM
I'm done with the gas, it's getting pulled out very shortly.

This leaves me with a strong, reliable but tired and thirsty tb45. No one is doing ls conversions something about new emissions that need to pass a IM240 test.

So a little bit of googling and there's a few options. Two that are new to me are the BMW M57 and the 4jj1 Isuzu.

Diesel conversions Australia located in NSW is the only mob that I can find that are doing these.

https://www.dieselconversionsaus.com.au/4jj1-engine-conversion

Pricey, but one par with a td42 and ls.

Talking to 4x4 obsession about this and they haven't done any, with the absence of the ls conversions which they were doing one a month, they are going to do a bit more research.

For now I'm going straight petrol, if the motor ever dies or it becomes a real struggle to get going the 4jj is the way to go.

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

nissannewby
25th February 2022, 07:55 PM
There is a guy on the other patrol forum that has done this. Seem pretty happy with it. And lots of tuning options with the earlier 4JJ1.

Maxhead
26th February 2022, 06:16 AM
Just buy a dMax and enjoy the ride[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay see
26th February 2022, 09:16 AM
Just buy a dMax and enjoy the ride[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah, nah.
Not a fan of the dmax, but the mux yeah.

I've put that much into the gu and honestly I enjoy driving it. I don't see the any conversion happening anytime soon unless there's a lotto win. Plus side is I reckon the motor will outlast me..

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk