PDA

View Full Version : My Safari GQ

Ade
6th August 2011, 03:21 PM
Hi guys. Been thinking about having my build up thread to share this excitment and thrills of the things we all love doing. Kind a bit late though since I've been started rebuilding since I bought the Safari about 2 yaers ago or so and the to do list never stop since then. At the moment she is having a body make over. This body work started when my driver's door side mirror fell off on a trial run after having the auto box rebuild. I end up buying all four doors just to get those side mirrors. But I think its a good bargain, and those mirrors are from the newer model with power adjustment. A generous mate of mine also gave me his extra front fenders that has a cornering lamp on them. So..I thought this is the right time for me to DIY the body work. And new adventure has begun..

Bigrig
6th August 2011, 03:59 PM
Look forward to keeping up with it mate!!

Clunk
6th August 2011, 04:01 PM
Look forward to keeping up with it mate!!

x2 with that, always enjoy a good build/diy thread

Ade
6th August 2011, 04:17 PM
This is the front door from the local wrecker fitted to the Safari. At first I was giving it a thought to replace all four doors since it came with the rubber moulding on them. But when I strip off one of the moulding it seems to trapped muds causing the door's panel to build rust. So I decided to replace both front doors only without the mould.

Ade
6th August 2011, 04:22 PM
And the front fender with the cornering lamp..

Ade
6th August 2011, 04:25 PM
One thing about these newer doors is they have been added with those reinforced round tube in them for protection during side collision which the old one didn't have.

Ade
6th August 2011, 04:34 PM
x2 with that, always enjoy a good build/diy thread

Yeah.. I hope you all guys will enjoy still. I will need advices as I go along this build though. Any comments are much appreciated too.

Ade
6th August 2011, 04:36 PM
Good stuff Ade! I loooove Safaris so please also post some pics up in the "Safari thread" when you can! Good luck with the work you're doing!

Thanks Plassy..will try to do that.

growler2058
6th August 2011, 05:24 PM
:bananarock:Dont forget lots of photos mate:bananarock:

AB
6th August 2011, 08:34 PM
Keep us updated mate for sure!

Woof
6th August 2011, 08:46 PM
Very nice mate, love the Safari's

Ade
6th August 2011, 09:08 PM
Getting the Safari ready for the primer tomorrow..almost done with the masking. Tooks me almost 4 hours to get it masked! Will continue first thing tomorrow morning. Here's the picture of her inside my temporary paint booth..

growler2058
6th August 2011, 09:17 PM
Good job mate if ya gunna do it do it properly

Ade
7th August 2011, 10:45 PM
Managed to coat her with primer today..turned out to be okay. So far so good..
Today's pictures..

Ade
7th August 2011, 11:19 PM
Now I just cant stop thinking about getting another suspension and lift set up. I fitted these 35'' Simex right after the primer and..something didn't looked quite nice here. 35'' looks rather small still..or maybe I need more lift? Or maybe because of this high roof made those 35'' looks small..

What do you all think..??? Pleaseee...

Ade
7th August 2011, 11:21 PM
See..kinda small eh?

Ade
8th August 2011, 02:25 AM
More piccies for ya..

Ade
8th August 2011, 02:40 AM
These things came to visit the Safari..how dare! LOL......

Ade
9th August 2011, 10:53 PM
Done with sanding the primer coat today but didn't managed to re-mask for the base coat. Hopefully tomorrow will. Decided to repaint with the old color..black top and silver bottom. By the way, I planning to replace current 3'' suspension set up (OME shocks and Kings springs). Am thinking of a 4''-5'' lift..needed more flex and will put in 315/16 AT for road and 35''/16 for off road. My local 4b store here didn't have the kits for this GQ. So am looking forward them buy the on-line from Aussie. Been looking at this Superior Engineering stuff..

1. Dobinson front & rear medium duty 4-5 inch coil spring OR coil spacer front & rear 50mm
2. SRC 4-5 inch front & rear shock
3. Drop box 4-5 inch lift OR Super Flex radius arm 5 inch lift
4. Sway bar disconnect rear 5 inch
5. Braided brake line front 5 inch
** Will mod rear arms myself

Anyone used this set up? Any other recommendation..?

growler2058
10th August 2011, 07:14 AM
Gday Ade i have replied to your pm, Yep this sounds good what your doing check with Hipponz on extras you may need, i went extended radius arms as i feel they are gunna be stronger b ut that is just my opinion not a proven fact. I have heard that the super flex arms are excellant.

Ade
10th August 2011, 11:55 AM
Gday Ade i have replied to your pm, Yep this sounds good what your doing check with Hipponz on extras you may need, i went extended radius arms as i feel they are gunna be stronger b ut that is just my opinion not a proven fact. I have heard that the super flex arms are excellant.

Thanks heap mate..

Ade
12th August 2011, 10:23 PM
Few days after the primer coat, managed to put on the base coat today. Decided to choose the old color scheme, black top and silver bottom. This is my first body work project for this Safari..it's painstaking, fun and pure excitement! :wink: I am satisfied..

YNOT
12th August 2011, 10:29 PM
It's looking good Ade, can't wait to see it finished.

Tony

Ade
12th August 2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks Tony..

So far base coat are looking good Tony. They need some touch up tough, will continue tomorrow. But I'm a bit concerned about putting on the clear coat. From what I've read and heard, clear coating is the most tricky part in a paint work. Finger crossed! Any advise on this..?

YNOT
12th August 2011, 10:38 PM
Sorry mate but I've never had much to do with the paint side of things, I stick to the mechanicals.

Tony

Ade
12th August 2011, 10:43 PM
What even concerned me more are some saying that clear coat need to be put on right after the base coat touch dried. Is this true? If it is then I'm in trouble..since I only be able to clear coat tomorrow or this Sunday..

Ade
12th August 2011, 10:47 PM
Sorry mate but I've never had much to do with the paint side of things, I stick to the mechanicals.

Tony

Same with me but you should try it Tony. Time consuming but it's worth the time consumed! Hehehe..

YNOT
12th August 2011, 10:51 PM
What even concerned me more are some saying that clear coat need to be put on right after the base coat touch dried. Is this true? If it is then I'm in trouble..since I only be able to clear coat tomorrow or this Sunday..

I have heard of the COBRA (clear over base rapid application) method but I don't think it's the only way you can do it. I'm happy to be corrected by someone who knows more about painting than I do but I think you will still get a good result putting the clear on over a dry base.

Tony

YNOT
12th August 2011, 10:53 PM
Same with me but you should try it Tony. Time consuming but it's worth the time consumed! Hehehe..

I've seen how long it took one of my mates to strip back and repaint his 1972 Ford Capri. Far too much work for my liking!

Tony

Ade
12th August 2011, 10:55 PM
I have heard of the COBRA (clear over base rapid application) method but I don't think it's the only way you can do it. I'm happy to be corrected by someone who knows more about painting than I do but I think you will still get a good result putting the clear on over a dry base.

Tony

That's a relief from a mechanical guru. Any paint guru here..?

growler2058
13th August 2011, 06:09 AM
The black over silver looks the goods mate like it alot . I have afriend who's a paint guru I'll try get on to him a bit later it's a bit early now he'd tell me in no uncertain terms to go away hahaha

Ade
13th August 2011, 07:07 AM
The black over silver looks the goods mate like it alot . I have afriend who's a paint guru I'll try get on to him a bit later it's a bit early now he'd tell me in no uncertain terms to go away hahaha

Thanks a lot mate..you made me choose that color. Haha..but I'm loving it!
I don't think I would be able to do the clear coat today, there's some touch up need to be done. So will looking forward to hear from you then.

growler2058
13th August 2011, 07:29 AM
I've set a reminder in my phone for 0900 thus mornin to ring him

growler2058
13th August 2011, 07:30 AM
What type of paint are you using? Two pack or acrylic or enamel??

Ade
13th August 2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks mate. I used 2 pack..

growler2058
13th August 2011, 03:29 PM
The info you got was correct. If you put on the clear now after the base is well and truely dry it will laminate. What you need to do is rough it up with 800 grit paper or a scotch brite and spray another coat of the base colour then as soon as it's touch dry spray on the clear. Bit of a bummer mate but you've done a good job so far may a well finish it properly :beer: ya might need a few of these to get ya through mate:beer:

Ade
13th August 2011, 09:04 PM
Lots of a bummer mate..love that black/silver color. Finally decided it'll be all black! That's actually is my Plan-B hehehe. Started sanding it it with 800g straight away after reading your pm..hope will be able to finish it tomorrow.

growler2058
13th August 2011, 09:06 PM
Lots of a bummer mate..love that black/silver color. Finally decided it'll be all black! That's actually is my Plan-B hehehe. Started sanding it it with 800g straight away after reading your pm..hope will be able to finish it tomorrow.

Dont have to rub it right back just to scuff it up so the new base bonds. OK all black it is hahahahahahaha will be a good stealthy truck for the wild man from Borneo hahahahahhahaha

Ade
13th August 2011, 09:36 PM
Wild Wild Borneo!! Never seen an all black Safari before..

growler2058
13th August 2011, 09:37 PM
Wild Wild Borneo!! Never seen an all black Safari before..

I think it'll look very tough mate

Ade
13th August 2011, 09:58 PM
Finger crossed now..!!!

Ade
14th August 2011, 08:48 PM
Everything coated in black now..all black! It's a Safari in black! Can't really see how it will turn out until all parts are refitted. But I think it'll looks cool..hehe. Have to wait till it really dry now..couples of days maybe. This is the tough part too..waiting!

Ade
14th August 2011, 08:55 PM
Couples of pics..she'll be quarantined at least for two days in that plastics shed!

growler2058
14th August 2011, 08:57 PM
Good onya mate cant wait to see the finished product:thumbup:

growler2058
14th August 2011, 08:58 PM
Couples of pics..she'll be quarantined at least for two days in that plastics shed!

It does look TUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

YNOT
14th August 2011, 09:01 PM
That engine looks far from standard.

Tony

Woof
14th August 2011, 09:02 PM
Oh yeah, black looks so good Ade, love it mate..

Ade
14th August 2011, 09:05 PM
Is it..? Hehehe... I'm a happy man now mate. Every things goes smooth today..all anxious gone now! Will sleep tight tonight for sure..

AB
14th August 2011, 09:06 PM
Everything coated in black now..all black! It's a Safari in black! Can't really see how it will turn out until all parts are refitted. But I think it'll looks cool..hehe. Have to wait till it really dry now..couples of days maybe. This is the tough part too..waiting!
Looking good mate!!!

Ade
14th August 2011, 09:09 PM
That engine looks far from standard.

Tony

Actually there's nothing much done to the engine mate..

Ade
14th August 2011, 09:11 PM
Oh yeah, black looks so good Ade, love it mate..

Thanks mate..I think I'm gonna love it too.

Ade
14th August 2011, 09:18 PM
Looking good mate!!!

Thanks to you too Andy..all black seems looks better than black over silver!

Ade
14th August 2011, 09:23 PM
Good onya mate cant wait to see the finished product:thumbup:

There are few other parts that hasn't been painted yet mate..front grill, few plastics parts and the ARB winch bar.

Ade
14th August 2011, 09:27 PM
I am considering this mod to my ARB w/bar..just not sure yet if it will looks good on a lwb and h.roofed Safari..

Ade
14th August 2011, 11:42 PM
Here's one type of the weather shield Tony.

Sorry for the trouble mate..

Ade
14th August 2011, 11:44 PM
Thats the type of door mirrors I'm using now..

YNOT
14th August 2011, 11:48 PM
Here's one type of the weather shield Tony.

Sorry for the trouble mate..

No trouble at all.
I checked your build thread and saw that you had those mirrors. You need weathershields to suit '92 to '97 model.

Tony

Ade
14th August 2011, 11:51 PM
No trouble at all.
I checked your build thread and saw that you had those mirrors. You need weathershields to suit '92 to '97 model.

Tony

Thanks Tony..

Ade
17th August 2011, 12:16 PM
Been locked up for 3 days now and she's out from the dungeon this morning..

growler2058
17th August 2011, 12:56 PM
Yup shes a tuff lookin trroll now mate

Ade
21st August 2011, 11:47 PM
New rubber..Yokohama Geo MT 315/75/16. The best rubber of this size I can found around..BIIIGGGGGGGGG a$$hole in my pocket..!!!

Ade
21st August 2011, 11:55 PM
Introducing the old new look of my Safari..

Clunk
22nd August 2011, 12:09 AM
thats one very v ery nice looking trol you have there Ade.................. very nice indeed

Ade
22nd August 2011, 01:32 AM
thats one very v ery nice looking trol you have there Ade.................. very nice indeed

She's still empty mate..

Ade
22nd August 2011, 01:35 AM
New sticker..Kingsroad-ex Japan

growler2058
22nd August 2011, 07:08 AM
She looks super cool mate. I didnt have any luck on Saturday mate ebay may be the only option

Ade
22nd August 2011, 11:32 AM
She looks super cool mate. I didnt have any luck on Saturday mate ebay may be the only option

No problem mate..will get them from the ebay.

Ade
22nd August 2011, 11:36 AM
Should I put it INSANE instead of NINSANE..???

growler2058
22nd August 2011, 11:55 AM
Should I put it INSANE instead of NINSANE..???

I'm putting an insane sticker on soon just waiting for it from the UK, like the county sherrif hahahahaha

EDIT: like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/nissan-insane-skyline-decal-badge-sticker-drift-350z-/110486813391?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19b986facf

Ade
22nd August 2011, 12:32 PM
Oh yeah.. INSANE COUNTY SHERRIF hehehehehe.........

Ade
22nd August 2011, 02:54 PM
How about this..? Forum Gurus..Can I used this? I am a valid member am I..?

growler2058
22nd August 2011, 03:22 PM

Hell yeah mate you definately are!!!

AB
22nd August 2011, 03:27 PM

Hey Ade, that looks great!!!!! :)

I was wondering how the NP stickers would look on the side windows....SOLD!!!

Ade
22nd August 2011, 07:53 PM
hahaha..thanks mates. Love ya all..! I'm a proud owner + member of this Nissan nut house

Ade
24th August 2011, 09:00 PM
These are my flares..made out of a 6.5mm thick x 16'' widht conveyor belt. Tooks me almost 2 hours to cut and fit them up.

growler2058
24th August 2011, 09:07 PM
Great job mate well done

Ade
24th August 2011, 09:15 PM
Great job mate well done

Thanks mate.

My next projects are rear and scrub bar, and side steps. Didnt have the chance last weekend to make them..and thinking about screwing the front flares to the bottom of the scrub bar later so they wont sag.

Ade
6th September 2011, 09:22 PM
2'' body lift done today..looking good so far. Made them with ally, three sizes..70mm for the rear, 75mm for the front and 80mm for the rest of the mounts. Sorry for the poor piccies..took them with my phone camera..

AB
6th September 2011, 09:23 PM
Its' looking like a beast these days mate, very nice!

Ade
6th September 2011, 10:09 PM
Things that I adjusted are axle breather line, tapped loose the steering flex coupling, rear sway bar cable down the fire wall and the gear shifter. Things still need to be done are to lower the radiator, cut the floor a little for the transfer shifter..what else??

Ade
6th September 2011, 10:16 PM
How do people mod their ARB winch bar to suit the body lift..? Anyone done it before?

Clunk
6th September 2011, 11:55 PM
sorry mate but don't know the answer.....................

Came to have a look at the progress you've been making and started at the beginining of your thread again to remind me what it used to look like...................... looks like a serious beast all in black now mate and a better choice I reckon than black over silver......... like the NP forum sticker too, when are you getting it made up???? lol

Ade
7th September 2011, 12:19 AM
Yup..agreed with the color there, all black are better. But we have to ask AB for the sticker though..haha.

Clunk
7th September 2011, 12:22 AM
Yup..agreed with the color there, all black are better. But we have to ask AB for the sticker though..haha.

get one made up over there mate, I'm sure AB wont mind

Ade
7th September 2011, 12:34 AM
hahaha..see, I got you wrong there. cant keep thinking about the bar mod..am cracking my head now. no tight sleep tonite for sure. done mine last sunday mate..proud NP owner here. Wonder where is that head hunter from Borneo gone..???

YNOT
7th September 2011, 08:35 AM
How do people mod their ARB winch bar to suit the body lift..? Anyone done it before?

PM sent but for anyone else who is interested;

I have modded an ARB bar to suit a body lift but it wasn't a winch bar. I cut the chassis mounts off the bar forward of where the mounts go into the chassis and welded on 10mm steel plates which extended below the mounts. I then rewelded the cut off mounts on the other side of the plates 50mm lower. Being a winch bar you would need to reinforce the area as much as possible.

Tony

Ade
7th September 2011, 09:34 AM
Thank you boss..also found couple of way to do it but sure not an easy 1/2 an hour job.

Ade
7th September 2011, 10:28 PM
So..made the bottom brackets off 2mm left over steel plate in the workshop, bent, welded and epoxy primed. I'd to cut the original bottom brackets too. Sorry for the poor piccies off my phone camera as usual.. will continue for the upper brackets tomorrow.

Ade
7th September 2011, 10:36 PM
By the way..has anyone here used the Heavy Duty Recalibrated Valve body from the Wholesale Automatic Transmission? Would looove to hear feedbacks and comments.... Thank you in advance, comrades.

Ade
13th September 2011, 09:24 PM
My slider/step in the making, unfinished rear bumper..looks weird to me, something isn't right there still, lifted the ARB winch bar..and they are all darN heavy!

What steel do people used to make theirs..?? I used Sch80 steam pipe and that step weigh 28kgs/side..! I ordered 2'' O.D for the step and 2.5'' O.D for the rear bar instead they gave me I.D of those sizes. Too lazy to sent them back I'd just make do with them and now she'll drink dieso even more..

growler2058
13th September 2011, 09:28 PM
My slider/step in the making, unfinished rear bumper..looks weird to me, something isn't right there still, lifted the ARB winch bar..and they are all darN heavy!

What steel do people used to make theirs..?? I used Sch80 steam pipe and that step weigh 28kgs/side..! I ordered 2'' O.D for the step and 2.5'' O.D for the rear bar instead they gave me I.D of those sizes. Too lazy to sent them back I'd just make do with them and now she'll drink dieso even more..

Gday ol mate those bars look very cool....good job the bigger bar looks tuff as mate

Edit: Nice Sticker too mate thumbs up

Ade
13th September 2011, 09:53 PM
Gday to you too mate..long time no hear hahahaha. That law stuff are scary..hehehe

growler2058
13th September 2011, 09:57 PM
Were one of the highest taxed countries in the world! Here's the nobs above getting more out of us!!

Apart from that nice bar work mate very cool :-)

Ade
13th September 2011, 10:04 PM
Not easy though mate..4 days into the making now hahaha.

Woof
13th September 2011, 10:09 PM
Looking good there Ade, love the sticker mate, thanks heaps for promoting our forum

Ade
13th September 2011, 10:21 PM
I'm proud to be on board mate..lots of good Patrol owner here

Ade
13th September 2011, 10:24 PM
couple of pics..

Ade
16th September 2011, 01:03 AM
A quick up date..

This is how my heavy weight steps and rear bar looks like. Will try to get them painted this weekend..

growler2058
16th September 2011, 03:17 AM
Excellent lookin job mate

Ben-e-boy
16th September 2011, 06:23 PM
if that barwork breaks i'll eat my hat!!!!!!

Bigrig
16th September 2011, 07:32 PM
Love that front arm on the sliders - very original ... what's it mount to (or should I just go look under my rig and stop being lazy??!! lmao).

Woof
16th September 2011, 08:08 PM
Coming along very nicely Ade, when finished it will be to nice to take offroad mate...lol

Ade
13th October 2011, 06:42 PM
Good Day Fellas..

So here I am, re-connected to the world again. I am not sure where to post for this kind of re-introduction, I guess here should do it..

I've been away for work in the remote village. No access to the internet..will need lots of catch up with the forum and most of all..catch up with my Safari..hahaha.

Miss ya all guys..!!

growler2058
13th October 2011, 07:31 PM
Good to see you back on board Ade:thumbup:

frenzy
13th October 2011, 09:18 PM
G'day Ade, your beast is looking great. Top work on the bars as well.
I've been to Sabah a few times. You'd have some awseome mud and tracks wouldn't ya?
Cheers,
Steve

Ade
14th October 2011, 04:01 PM
Gday Steve,

Thanks, that bar and steps had save the side and rear body few times during my trip to the village..so glad I,ve made them that way. And yup..we got awesome mud and tracks but still didnt have chances to try them myself. If you ever wanted re-visit Sabah..let me know, I'll show you around mate.

Ade
14th October 2011, 04:06 PM
Bought myself ARB rear locker yesterday, and being busy trying to install them myself this morning. I've reassembled everthings and now waiting for my mate to bring me new axle oil..fill up and Harbour Trial! Will post pictures later..

Clunk
14th October 2011, 07:44 PM
Hi Ade, good to see you back............. have been catching up on your build mate............. those bars look tough as and bloody heavy too!!!! lol... Fantastic work mate

Ade
14th October 2011, 11:01 PM
Hi Ade, good to see you back............. have been catching up on your build mate............. those bars look tough as and bloody heavy too!!!! lol... Fantastic work mate

Thanks mate, and like what Mr.Growler said..effen heavy!

growler2058
14th October 2011, 11:51 PM
It's what ya need I gotta brace mine up now I bent it up both sides the last time out! Glad I had the 1/4 chop or they woulda copped a hiding:-)

Ade
15th October 2011, 03:01 AM
It's what ya need I gotta brace mine up now I bent it up both sides the last time out! Glad I had the 1/4 chop or they woulda copped a hiding:-)

Good on ya mate..

timbar
15th October 2011, 03:07 AM
comming along nicely mate those bars look pretty solid mate NICE

Ade
15th October 2011, 03:22 AM
Bummer me..now I've got an issue with my drive terrain after installing the air locker. Done with it this evening, quick test in the workshop the locker functioning well. The problem is as I went out for the road test, there are low/mid pitch vibration as my speed reaching to 90kph and above..very obvious one! They seems came from the rear axle. I've replaced both U-joint in the prop shaft, checked both rear wheel bearings and they are good, all wheels balanced..and most of all, it didn't have that problem before. Did I missed anything here..? Could it be the the back lash of the ring and pinion gear..?

Ade
15th October 2011, 03:26 AM
comming along nicely mate those bars look pretty solid mate NICE

Thanks mate..

But no sweet dreams for me tonite mate..darn vibration

timbar
15th October 2011, 03:42 AM
Bummer me..now I've got an issue with my drive terrain after installing the air locker. Done with it this evening, quick test in the workshop the locker functioning well. The problem is as I went out for the road test, there are low/mid pitch vibration as my speed reaching to 90kph and above..very obvious one! They seems came from the rear axle. I've replaced both U-joint in the prop shaft, checked both rear wheel bearings and they are good, all wheels balanced..and most of all, it didn't have that problem before. Did I missed anything here..? Could it be the the back lash of the ring and pinion gear..?

un sure Mate could be a combination of all of them ????? cant help u there check to be sure you put all the shims back in in the right order ??? when i replaced my rear diff i had a vibration only on take off after retensioning the rear axles it went away and havent heared it since how bad is the vibration ???

nowoolies
15th October 2011, 10:44 AM

looking sweet as mate
keep them piccies a comming

frenzy
17th October 2011, 08:00 PM
Ive seen this one before. Make sure the uni joints are aligned.

Ade
18th October 2011, 01:22 AM
Love that front arm on the sliders - very original ... what's it mount to (or should I just go look under my rig and stop being lazy??!! lmao).

Sorry mate..very late reply. I welded the brackets made off c' channel bar to the chassis and tack weld nut behind the brackets for ease of installation. Very strong, can use high lift jack here and they wont bent neither flex..

Clunk
18th October 2011, 01:34 AM
Sorry mate..very late reply. I welded the brackets made off c' channel bar to the chassis and tack weld nut behind the brackets for ease of installation. Very strong, can use high lift jack here and they wont bent neither flex..

like the work.............. not sure if we're allowed to do that over here though but happy be be corrected

Ade
18th October 2011, 01:36 AM
Ive seen this one before. Make sure the uni joints are aligned.

Very2 true mate..thats the culprit. I replaced both U joint for the rear prop shaft but I get the wrong joints from the shop. It cracks my head to find the problem, thinking it was the back lash of the ring and pinion gear! I had to redo the locker but couldn't find anything wrong with the back lash or what so ever. The U joint are supposed to be 102mm(H) x 32mm but the shop gave me 100mm(H)..bugger!

timbar
18th October 2011, 01:40 AM
nice cheap fix though better than replacing the diff center

Ade
18th October 2011, 01:59 AM
It is mate..I thought I'd the locker destroyed! Some pics during the locker install..

growler2058
18th October 2011, 09:09 AM
Glad you got that sorted Ade good news mate

Bigrig
18th October 2011, 09:21 AM

Oh to be able to weld to the chassis!!! lol

We're not able to over here - illegal to weld to and/or modify the chassis in anyway .. which truth be told, I understand why.

Doing well mate, coming up a treat and glad you sorted the locker also.

Ade
17th March 2012, 12:37 AM
G'day guys..

It's been a while since my last post to the forum. But been actively following some threads here in the free time.

Today I really feels like need to post some piccies here..thought someone might like the idea I have to it. This is how I mod my factory exhaust manifold to mount the turbo. Never really had a pic of it till now (been busy rebuilding the motor and its almost done). It's cheap and working good for me so far and today I've just finished mounting the ext. wastegate to it..

Clunk
17th March 2012, 02:01 AM
Welcome back Ade, been waiting to see what you've been up to with that good looking beast of yours

Ade
17th March 2012, 02:37 AM
Welcome back Ade, been waiting to see what you've been up to with that good looking beast of yours

Thanks mate,

Nothing much been done to her just fully used her on the road though. Been traveling all around till the last trip end of last January on my way home when suddenly the exhaust blew lots of white smoke! It scared me a little thinking I might just blew up the head gasket or cracked the head, did I..!!??? Back in the garage, took off the head..they are all good. Took me a while to find out what caused that holy smoke!

Ade
17th March 2012, 10:51 AM
This is my intake plenum..I've re mod it (lowered) to suit the top mount i/c but seems have to leave the i/c at the front for the time being cause it will drag the down slip date way ahead where she supposed to be gone bushing end of the month..

Ade
18th March 2012, 09:38 PM
Gday guys,

Few shots of today accomplishment before its all go back into the engine bay tomorrow, hopefully everything will be okay. Good weekend though.. :biggrin:

growler2058
18th March 2012, 09:51 PM
G'day Ade good to hear from you again looks like the safari is gunna be a full on beast with the turbo mate

Ade
18th March 2012, 09:59 PM
Few shots of..

Ade
18th March 2012, 10:05 PM
G'day Ade good to hear from you again looks like the safari is gunna be a full on beast with the turbo mate

Gday ol mate, Its the old turbo been rebuild. Just added an external waste gate to it..its a 40mm Tubosmart Comp Gate with a screamer pipe :devilred: dunno how loud it will scream though?? Hopefully be able to hear it tomorrow..

growler2058
18th March 2012, 10:14 PM
Movie with sound please ;-)

AB
18th March 2012, 10:17 PM
Movie with sound please ;-)

x 2 Ade, waiting for the vid...lol

Ade
18th March 2012, 10:31 PM
Roger that..will do my best :biggrin:

Ade
19th March 2012, 10:11 AM
Can't really wait till the sunrise..so decided to pull up everything last night up to 1 o'clock in the morning..

growler2058
19th March 2012, 04:23 PM
Love the devotion Ade well done ;-)

rusty_nail
19th March 2012, 05:12 PM
i completely missed this thread before now! another black patrol mate! top stuff! love the mods and the truck!

Ade
19th March 2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks guys,

The forth crank she's fired up this morning. Glad there's no leak what so ever with the motor but the there are some sort of intermittent shuddering with the auto not sure what it is yet. Aahhh..this converter of mine really need to go me think! Gunna run a quick postmortem tonight.

Ade
19th March 2012, 10:30 PM
i completely missed this thread before now! another black patrol mate! top stuff! love the mods and the truck!

Thanks mate, I am glad you like it. I was about to re painted her with the old color silver over black but luckily our Mr. Growlers recommended all black! Looks as tough aye!!

Ade
2nd April 2012, 09:45 PM
Gday guys..

Dunno if this link will work or not??

This is the video of the Safari with the screamer pipe sound as promised..not the best video though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck9Cv7j3jSs

growler2058
2nd April 2012, 09:49 PM
That's awesome Ade the wild man of Borneo chasing his mates up a muddy hill AAAAAND towing a soft roader very very sooopa cool mate

Tappin N Crappin

Ade
2nd April 2012, 09:53 PM
That's awesome Ade the wild man of Borneo chasing his mates up a muddy hill AAAAAND towing a soft roader very very sooopa cool mate

Tappin N Crappin

Hahahahaha..run for ya lifeeeeeeee..!!!!!!!

Ade
3rd April 2012, 10:26 AM
Couple of piccies before the pull. Pretty steep and muddy slippery..

Ade
3rd April 2012, 10:30 AM
One of the local bloke broke his modified steering rod joint..bush mechanic anyone?

Dave.79
16th April 2012, 07:53 PM
Lookin good mate!

Managed to coat her with primer today..turned out to be okay. So far so good..
Today's pictures..

Ade
15th May 2012, 09:45 PM
Gday all,

Just got back home this afternoon from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam and went straight to mate's place to have a look at the Safari's rear guard chop progress. Its all done and am happy with it.. :animierte-smilies-t

Ade
15th May 2012, 11:42 PM
First primer on. Touch up to some chips and dents on the doors too..

DX grunt
15th May 2012, 11:49 PM
Nice truck and nice build up.

Take care out there.

Rossco