PDA

View Full Version : Door hinges

ipatrol26
5th August 2011, 08:08 AM
Hello all, Does anybody know how to adjust the door hinges on a 1992 nissan patrol GQ front driver door, Everytime I open the door it gives me that loud clack!!!!!!! sound as is the door was rubbing agains the front fender but its not, everything is completely fine. Now I see that there's a hinge with a spring that has I believe three theets and when you open the first theet wont let the door open all the way and the second theet opens the door more but up to a point so I would love to know if that can be adjusted someway because I don't think is like that from factory.

Thank you mates.

Bigrig
5th August 2011, 08:32 AM
Hello all, Does anybody know how to adjust the door hinges on a 1992 nissan patrol GQ front driver door, Everytime I open the door it gives me that loud clack!!!!!!! sound as is the door was rubbing agains the front fender but its not, everything is completely fine. Now I see that there's a hinge with a spring that has I believe three theets and when you open the first theet wont let the door open all the way and the second theet opens the door more but up to a point so I would love to know if that can be adjusted someway because I don't think is like that from factory.

Thank you mates.

Not sure on adjusting the spring itself mate, but mine does similar and I whack some copper anti-seize on it and usually get a good couple of months out of that before having to do it again - it's the metal on metal sound that happens as the roller smacks across each of the teeth ... if that makes sense.

If someone knows how to adjust, I'll be onto that also!!!

starck
5th August 2011, 08:42 AM
Looks like Your hinges are to be replaced - quite ordinary problem. There is no adjustment option.
I've had the same - just bought a hinge from RHD car. I guess it was UK or IRL - from passenger's side - mostly dozens times less often use.

Here I have an idea: whole world shift driver's hinges among RHD and LHD countries. What do You think about it?

Ade
5th August 2011, 03:12 PM
Here I have an idea: whole world shift driver's hinges among RHD and LHD countries. What do You think about it?

Good idea..agree 3x. Hehehe...

Ade
5th August 2011, 03:18 PM
Same thing happen to mine. I file the lobe to make it rounder and whack grease instead of anti seize..it reduced that clack sound. But will try whack that anti seize now..

ipatrol26
8th August 2011, 06:49 AM
I found a solution...... Just grind off a bit of the middle teeth and WALLAH, that solves everything and steels allow the door to do what it suppose to do originally.

ipatrol26
8th August 2011, 06:50 AM
OH and forgot to mention, Make sure its kept lubricated as well.