PDA

View Full Version : Electronic for your 4B

Forced Offroad
4th August 2011, 07:32 PM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/jbiggsy/e343f6f2.jpg

Some might know some might not....
This is my bible for my electronics and gadget for my 4B
Today a priced up new digital voltage and Amp meters, Isolators all 12v. To keep a eye on my battery systems.
Pretty much the same as the ARB/Piranha giddy up with out the expense....And will do the same thing

Plus its so simple to do and you the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

All my switches ,wiring come from JayCar. And the best thing the more of the same product you buy, say switches the cheaper it is in bulk. So like a autobarn $5 each,,,JayCar $4 each and $3 each if you if you buy 4, so on and so on.

Hope this helps the DYI's..

And don't get sucked into there mini helicopters for $50.... There awesome fun, until you lose control and it ends up on the Neighbours roof that you don't like...

Cheers Forced Offroad...

Bigrig
4th August 2011, 07:34 PM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/jbiggsy/e343f6f2.jpg

Some might know some might not....
This is my bible for my electronics and gadget for my 4B
Today a priced up new digital voltage and Amp meters, Isolators all 12v. To keep a eye on my battery systems.
Pretty much the same as the ARB/Piranha giddy up with out the expense....And will do the same thing

Plus its so simple to do and you the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

All my switches ,wiring come from JayCar. And the best thing the more of the same product you buy, say switches the cheaper it is in bulk. So like a autobarn $5 each,,,JayCar $4 each and $3 each if you if you buy 4, so on and so on.

Hope this helps the DYI's..

And don't get sucked into there mini helicopters for $50.... There awesome fun, until you lose control and it ends up on the Neighbours roof that you don't like...

Cheers Forced Offroad...

Champion ... To be bought and thrown in the rear drawers for reference!!!! I'm hopeless with this stuff ...

Thanks mate!!

Gert B Frobe
14th August 2011, 10:47 PM
Totally agree with the Jaycar and Autronics kits. So many simple kits for so many application.

The only one I have completed so far has been my turbo timer. Cost - $22 from Jaycar and about 1 hour of soldering. Sure beats $300 for a Bogaard.

Turbo timer is now out as a pyro gauge is more accurate with the CRD engine and turbo timers can run too long on the newer engines. As soon as the EGT's drop to your specified mark, shut it down.

Timmo
15th August 2011, 10:17 PM
any tips or any pics of ya DIY for the turbo timer

Gert B Frobe
16th August 2011, 01:41 AM
Sorry timbo, no pics.

Only tips I can suggest is take your time with the soldering and read the instructions well.

It is a heat activated unit so dont place the thermo device on the turbo side of the engine bay. As soon as it reaches approx 80 degrees the unit operates and shuts down below this. It may not even get hot enough in the engine bay on short trips too.