PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Triangle Window thingies

paulthekelly
3rd August 2011, 12:31 AM
Ok Patrolies,

I have a '91 GQ Wagon with what appear to be same vintage ute doors ( I have been lead to believe that this was part of some kind of dealer pack from 20 years ago). Those Triangle window jobies do 2 things and wont do another.

The 2 things it does do are :
Leak
Make whistly noises when driving at 80kms or above

The thing it doeasnt do is open or close properly.

So now it is taped up with 100mph tape and I am open to suggestions on what to do permanently. Is it easier to piss the doors off altogether or is there a way to remove them and seal up the openings.

Its worth noting tht the little black remnant triangle is rusting out badly.

Ideas?

Cheers
PK

patch697
3rd August 2011, 12:38 AM
Thay can be removed & a single glass setup installed without removing & replacing the entire door.

Bigrig
3rd August 2011, 10:36 AM
Thay can be removed & a single glass setup installed without removing & replacing the entire door.

X2 on this one. But that said, two doors from a wrecker in decent nick, with a couple of coats of paint would be the go if you aren't into the effort to swap them out.

Good luck with it mate and let us know how you go.

Finly Owner
3rd August 2011, 11:30 PM
Are we talking about the quarter glass?

Tim

MQ MAD
4th August 2011, 07:27 PM
Just remember that getting just a full 1 piece window replacement there are a few different GQ windows
Some are a full window, some have a touch missing on the very front lower corner

Sounds like they are the 1/4 windows Tim
Although seems very rare if that on a GQ wagon

The MQ/MK/GQ doors are all interchangeable,so it seems this GQ in mention could have the early MQ/MK doors on it

Simple fix as mentioned , just get some GQ replacement doors
But be warned , the prices for some great nick GQ front doors are getting silly money

Finly Owner
4th August 2011, 09:55 PM
Have you had any luck removing the 1/4 glass frames Corey?

Tim

paulthekelly
7th August 2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks Guys,

Two points.
First up, mate of mine came over to WA lately, and was blown away by the number of GQ's on the road in the same config as mine. Given that he was 10+ years with Nissan, he hadn't come across any in Vic in that set up. Ute Doors, Wheel arch set, Sunrasia Type rims, alloy bull bar with side bars & Alloy side steps. All of them have early 90's style grapic stripe uo the side.
Secondly, because of the graphics, swapping out the front doors means pretty much spraying the whole car (which is a no no) or having to deal with either no graphics on the front doors or a big white strip up the side of the car where the graphics were if I removed them.
Cheers
PK

MQ MAD
10th August 2011, 06:44 PM
Mates early GQ leafy ute has full window front doors
The vinyl stickers can be duplicated and ,depending on how much fade, matched
What door mirrors do you have ???
Are they a truck style ,like the MQ/MKs , that are mounted on the outer door skin ???
Does the door outer skin have four mounted nuts , or is it a bolt and fully removeable nut/bolt ???

Yeah a few Qs, just trying to help get the source of the doors
Ive some MQ/MK/GQ front doors here , that have a 1/4 window , but have never had the truck style window mounted, no holes in the outer skin , or bogged up holes
Now by wheel arch set,you mean flares ect ???
GQs come standard with flares
IF it has the early MQ/MK style guards, youve something that doesnt add up ???
Throw a pic up

Sunny rims, alloy sidesteps,bullbar
My GQ has all that as it was new