PDA

View Full Version : turbo timer

Timmo
1st August 2011, 11:23 PM
Hi guys,

looking for a DIY for turbo timer fitting, im pretty sure they come with instructions but after some advice from the forum gods.

maphew
18th August 2011, 09:43 PM
Timbo - there are a few on the market, ARB sell them at a fairly hefty price they are rebadged, can't remember the name. I've been considering a Jayca DIY kit, comes as a circuit, needs soldering and installation.

the godfather
19th August 2011, 12:13 AM
Hi Timbo, Redarc do a fairly simple one to install. Still needs some skill though. Ex Coventrys I think.

Good luck.

BundyDave
29th August 2011, 09:23 PM
Bogaard fitted one to my 06 GU easy install.

Gert B Frobe
29th August 2011, 11:37 PM
I went the Jaycar kit as I was doing an electrical course and cost all of $22. Works fine and installs easily to your ignition power supply even comes with its own relay. Took me a little bit to work out the instructions but all of about 2 hours in soldering and about an hour or so tapping into the power supply. Just remember to put the thermo unit on the opposite side of the engine bay to the turbo.

nowoolies
29th August 2011, 11:49 PM
g`day Tim
have a look at the one`s in Oppisite Lock

BEP120
29th March 2012, 01:34 PM
I put an ARB one on my GU. Very easy came with instructions and is a plug and play. The only wire I had to connect is a grounding wire everything else just plugs into the ignition plug.
The ARB is a Boggard just with a ARB badge on it.

buenno
29th March 2012, 04:15 PM
I put an ARB one on my GU. Very easy came with instructions and is a plug and play. The only wire I had to connect is a grounding wire everything else just plugs into the ignition plug.
The ARB is a Boggard just with a ARB badge on it.

how much did you pay for this unit please mate and how long did it take you to install

BEP120
29th March 2012, 07:29 PM
how much did you pay for this unit please mate and how long did it take you to install

Hi buenno, Just found the receipt. I paid $209 back in Nov 2009. It took me about an hour and a half. Very easy job you just need to take the bottom cover off the steering wheel surround and the ignition plug is under there. Plug it in and mount the main unit up under the dash run the earth wire to a screw on the body and the timer unit somewhere accessible. I didn't have to cut or extend any wiring.

Wine_maker
30th March 2012, 01:06 AM
I install car alarm with turbo timer function. The alarm system will be good addition to your turbo timer lol

the evil twin
30th March 2012, 02:47 PM
Stupid ADR's make turbo timers illegal on passenger motor vehicles built after Noah retired from the Jerusalum Bears, make sure you tell your insurer you have one.

... and, yes, I have one on my truck so not interested in a debate just saying is all.

From one of the state Transport Sites as an FYI

Turbo timers are not to be fitted to vehicles
manufactured on or after 1 January 1972. Australian
Design Rule 25 requires that the normal function of
the engine only occurs when the ignition is in the
‘on’ position.

MC97GQ
31st March 2012, 02:47 AM
Stupid ADR's make turbo timers illegal on passenger motor vehicles built after Noah retired from the Jerusalum Bears, make sure you tell your insurer you have one.

... and, yes, I have one on my truck so not interested in a debate just saying is all.

From one of the state Transport Sites as an FYI

Turbo timers are not to be fitted to vehicles
manufactured on or after 1 January 1972. Australian
Design Rule 25 requires that the normal function of
the engine only occurs when the ignition is in the
‘on’ position.

What a Xyzing joke, yea my troll is gonna take off and drive it self on the Turbo timer.

I hope when it does though, It doesn't do any more than 40 in a school zone.