PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Upgrade 2'' - GU 3.0L TD - ST Series II 03 wagon

aaron 78
31st July 2011, 09:51 AM
Hello All

suspension upgrade just asking if a 2'' lift are hard to do or pay for same one to do it.i got a quote for a 2'' lift fitted $1650. EFS elite feed back would be great
Thanks
Aaron

growler2058
31st July 2011, 12:59 PM
2"lift is just shosckers and springs a relitively simple job with the right tools (spring compressors) BIG WARNING THOUGHo
If a compressed spring was to let go the consequences could be fatal. The mod you wanna do is very doable however extreme care MUST be taken

YNOT
31st July 2011, 01:11 PM
2" lifts are easy to do when you know how to do it safely and have the right gear.
A set of good quality 2" lift springs and shocks costs about $1000, this is a link to the kit I'm thinking of getting; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tough-Dog-50mm-Suspension-Lift-Kit-Nissan-Patrol-GU-Y61-/400216933496?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2ec9c478
Replacing the steering damper at the same time would be a good idea, budget another $130.

I can help with fitting if you want.

Tony

aaron 78
31st July 2011, 03:54 PM
that's them fitting it all with a steering damper and Castor Correction Bush kit

Aaron

NissanGQ4.2
31st July 2011, 04:33 PM
not sure on a GU but on my GQ I done a 4inch lift without spring compressors and it wasn't that hard, but I would highly recommend using spring compressors!, and if Tony is offering 2 help fit your in good hands. Go with Tony and throw him a beer or 3

YNOT
31st July 2011, 06:04 PM
I have spring compressors if needed.

Castor correction is not always needed with 2" lift but if needed I can press correction bushes in, I don't have a press at home but I do at work.

Tony

Bigrig
31st July 2011, 07:34 PM
I have spring compressors if needed.

Castor correction is not always needed with 2" lift but if needed I can press correction bushes in, I don't have a press at home but I do at work.

Tony

Knowing the effort involved with Tony doing it for me last week, I'm more than happy to help out also (yes Tony, both left hands on offer!!! lmao).