PDA

View Full Version : snorkel

aaron 78
30th July 2011, 11:20 AM
Hi All
just asking if a snorkel is a good move for my 03 GU 3.0L TD - ST Series II as getting 2'' lift very soon and have 285/75/16 atm but no motor mods??

Bigrig
30th July 2011, 11:32 AM
Snorkel is a good investment mate - I'm on tapatalk so hard to cut and paste the thread for you, but if you search snorkel on here, you'll get loads of options and reasons why!

Good luck with it mate!!

growler2058
30th July 2011, 01:46 PM
Gday aaron if you plan on driving in dusty conditions or wet (water crossings) GET a snorkel!!! Most air intakes are in or near wheel arches one of the dustiest places you could think of so a snorkel being up high will feed much cleaner air
And if you ever get too deep a snorkels gunna save your engine, cheap insurance

Eds where?
13th August 2011, 04:03 PM
I fitted one to mine 3 weeks ago, don't think it's changed my MPG but hopefully could save motor & looks good. got it from E-bay $239. & 3hrs fitting. Dropped my 10mm spanner under air box, what a game!!!!

Finly Owner
13th August 2011, 10:54 PM
Snorkel, make sure all joins are water tight, and still use top quality air filter. In dusty areas,a "oiled pre filter " is top idea also.

Tim

maphew
18th August 2011, 07:49 PM
Snorkel is a great mod, clean cool air, prevents drowning your engine in river crossings. Fun mod to do if you're handy on the tools, as Tim mentioned, make sure they're sealed. Plenty of different snorkels out there, I used to run Safari on the GQ now thinking a genuine Nissan one for the GU series III.