PDA

View Full Version : road worthy for the camper

hekarewe
26th July 2011, 07:46 PM
right here go again,,,, question time,,,,, does anyone know of a registered trailer inspector that also does gas???? dont want much do i LOL

spoke to ARB southern and they put me onto one of the trailer manufactures who then put me onto another number as they dont do there own. sooooo rang said number who said yes we do the inspection but not the gas and we come to "that will be $137.50 thanks sir" to which i said ^^&%(%) i will get back to you!!!!!!

so please people if you know of a trailer inspector who also does the gas inspection please let know must be in the brisbane area

YNOT
26th July 2011, 08:26 PM
Have you tried calling a caravan yard to find out who they use?

Tony

Finly Owner
26th July 2011, 09:29 PM
Try Trailerworld at Slacks Creek, Al should be able to help either himself or someone he uses.ph 3341 6888

Tim

hekarewe
26th July 2011, 09:32 PM
Have you tried calling a caravan yard to find out who they use?

Tony

no i havent yet good idea tony should have thought of that

hekarewe
26th July 2011, 09:32 PM
Try Trailerworld at Slacks Creek, Al should be able to help either himself or someone he uses.ph 3341 6888

Tim

will look him up and ask him thanks for that

hekarewe
27th July 2011, 08:01 PM

Tim

ok spoke to trailer world today and managed to kick a goal:icon_victory::animierte- they dont do inspections how ever swift mech next door to them do and do it cheep as $33.00 woo hoo,,,, but still no lead on who can do the gas cert for it.

soooo spoke to qld traffic and roads and said them "you guys demand that i have gas cert to register the trailer so do you guys have a list of inspection sites????" qld traffic,, "nup" not our problem have a nice day!!!!":blowup::blowup::animierte-smilies-f

after some percistance,,, i finally got a half answer out of them saying that any LPG installer "should" be able to do the cert for me :furious::furious: maybe!!!! so need to find an LPG installer now :trink13::trink13:

hekarewe
27th July 2011, 08:03 PM

Tim

ok spoke to trailer world today and managed to kick a goal:icon_victory: they dont do inspections how ever swift mech next door to them do and do it cheep as $33.00 woo hoo,,,, but still no lead on who can do the gas cert for it.

soooo spoke to qld traffic and roads and said them "you guys demand that i have gas cert to register the trailer so do you guys have a list of inspection sites????" qld traffic,, "nup" not our problem have a nice day!!!!":blowup::blowup::animierte-smilies-f

after some percistance,,, i finally got a half answer out of them saying that any LPG installer "should" be able to do the cert for me :furious::furious: maybe!!!! so need to find an LPG installer now :trink13::trink13:

Sir Roofy
27th July 2011, 08:49 PM
Hi mate
why do you need a cert for your camper,you are refering to a tent trailer
or a caravan? And what happens if your just useing a gas stove and bottle on a day out to cook lunch
and boil the billy ?? Because thats all you would be doing with a camper(tent trailer)

hekarewe
27th July 2011, 09:10 PM
Hi mate
why do you need a cert for your camper,you are refering to a tent trailer
or a caravan? And what happens if your just useing a gas stove and bottle on a day out to cook lunch
and boil the billy ?? Because thats all you would be doing with a camper(tent trailer)

yes it is a tent on a trailer but the stove is perminantly fix to the trailer and the bottles are plumb through the body work so they to become part of the unit,,, as such it requires a gas certific to say that iot is safe pull on the road and the fittings are the right ADR standards and dont leak etc same as the gas fittings on a caravan.

Bigrig
27th July 2011, 09:40 PM
Hey mate

My mechanic is a licensed LPG installer, and I reckon he'd do it for a pack of smokes!! Give me a call if you are still looking for someone.

Sir Roofy
27th July 2011, 09:42 PM
yes it is a tent on a trailer but the stove is perminantly fix to the trailer and the bottles are plumb through the body work so they to become part of the unit,,, as such it requires a gas certific to say that iot is safe pull on the road and the fittings are the right ADR standards and dont leak etc same as the gas fittings on a caravan.

thanks for the reply---dumb ass rego joint should have all the contacts aye,well the plumbers should be able to help or any gas fitting shops try the autogas shops
good luck with it
roofy

hekarewe
1st August 2011, 07:55 PM
the plot thickens LOL well just given a bum steer by QLD traffic,,, not any LPG fitter can do the GAS cert for the camper,,,,, it is the same as a caravan apparently and needs to be inspected by the same people as doing the caravans. so have found a place over at eightmiles plains that does caravans and will do my camper will post his details up here on friday when I get them in case anyone else needs his services.... as for the road worthy found M & D mechanical over at coopers plains who do trailers and have will put his details up as well once i get them on friday :)

hekarewe
8th August 2011, 05:37 PM
right well as you would already know by a post on the scenic rim thread i have finally regoed the camper!!!!

$35.00 for the road worthy
$80.00 for the gas cert
$112.00 for the rego

they saw me coming

now seeing as there are bugger all people doing the gas cert now as they (QLD traffic) keep changing the laws on gas compliance, just scrapped by on my gas cert as mine was built in QLD in 2010 and that time the gas bottles could be mounted on the side of the trailer. NOW they must be mounted on the front or protected in some way from colission in case they explode. any whoooo i sweet talked the gentleman into seeing things mine way and giving me a pass.

gas cert from;

Youngs caravan hire
073341 5599
www.ych.com.au
320 millers rd
underwood

i can put up the name of the gent who did the road worthy as he is trying to retire and only does them on referral from a select few people. sorry guys

Sir Roofy
8th August 2011, 06:31 PM
right well as you would already know by a post on the scenic rim thread i have finally regoed the camper!!!!

$35.00 for the road worthy
$80.00 for the gas cert
$112.00 for the rego

they saw me coming

now seeing as there are bugger all people doing the gas cert now as they (qld traffic) keep changing the laws on gas compliance, just scrapped by on my gas cert as mine was built in qld in 2010 and that time the gas bottles could be mounted on the side of the trailer. Now they must be mounted on the front or protected in some way from colission in case they explode. Any whoooo i sweet talked the gentleman into seeing things mine way and giving me a pass.

Gas cert from;

youngs caravan hire
073341 5599
www.ych.com.au
320 millers rd
underwood

i can put up the name of the gent who did the road worthy as he is trying to retire and only does them on referral from a select few people. Sorry guys

must be a good camper mine cost $35 to regestar

hekarewe
9th August 2011, 05:01 AM
camper tares in at 750kg's an extra kilo would have made it $80 dollars deerer

Bigrig
9th August 2011, 06:50 AM
camper tares in at 750kg's an extra kilo would have made it $80 dollars deerer

So you had the spare wheel, the gas bottles, the Jerry cans, the water tank, the poles etc etc off it to make the weigh in and now you put it all back on it sits at 1.3 ton??!!!! lmao

Glad you got it sorted mate - not many sleeps till you use it again!!!

Sir Roofy
9th August 2011, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=hekarewe;125321]camper tares in at 750kg's an extra kilo would have made it $80 dollars deerer[/QUOTE

so did ours,i didnt even take it to vic roads just went in
described it to the sheila,$35 thankyou went home put the sticker on done
good luck with yours and hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as we do

hekarewe
9th August 2011, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=hekarewe;125321]camper tares in at 750kg's an extra kilo would have made it $80 dollars deerer[/QUOTE

so did ours,i didnt even take it to vic roads just went in
described it to the sheila,$35 thankyou went home put the sticker on done
good luck with yours and hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as we do

god wish it was that easy even after all the inspections the QLD traffic still had to site the trailer and even put the tape over it to make sure it was all in regulation and not over size LOL

Guido
28th August 2011, 06:58 PM
Interesting article in the Sunday Mail (Adelaide) today about dodgey caravan manufacturers. Appartently anyone can set them selves up as a caravan builder. The problem is that a number of them are not manufacturing to accepted engineering design principles. Instances where peope have paid large amounts of money (high $90,000) to have a van built and when gone to have it registered - to have it rejected.
In other instances it would seem the caravan manufacturer is able to get them registered without having them independantly certified.
As one would get someone with some pretty good mechanical knowledge expereince to run the slide ruler over a car they're thinking of buying - the rule also holds good for caravans.
I'm not sure whether I would have all that much faith in the industry associations - as it would apear that it is self regulatory.