PDA

View Full Version : instrument illumination replacement globes (wedges)

crash520
25th July 2011, 09:25 PM
Hi Team,
i have a couple of those small wedge globes out in my dash, the ones behind the clock and odometer, it in a 99 ST. Are they the 6.7mm wedges? and or if not what size are they and where can i buy them please.

Greg

crash520
25th July 2011, 09:32 PM
Oh, i purchased some T5 bulbs the other day and they are smaller than what is in there, and a T10 is to big. the T5's are loose in the holder

YNOT
25th July 2011, 09:34 PM
Post up a photo of what you need.

Tony

fixer982
25th July 2011, 09:36 PM
Oh, i purchased some T5 bulbs the other day and they are smaller than what is in there, and a T10 is to big. the T5's are loose in the holderHi Greg, This is what I bought for my GU series 1 (1999) Ti which has a similar dash to yours. They were a perfect fit and the blue looks great.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ZPE-Blue-dash-LED-kit-Nissan-Patrol-GU-Series-1-/280712346287?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415bc27aaf

macca
26th July 2011, 07:19 AM
My odometer doesnt light up at night, the clock does and so do the guage clusters can't read the KLM.
Is it supposed to? or does it have its own lamp?
Doesnt really matter, but sometimes use it to work out distance to empty or to destinstion.
Ta Macca

fixer982
28th July 2011, 11:21 AM
My odometer doesnt light up at night, the clock does and so do the guage clusters can't read the KLM.
Is it supposed to? or does it have its own lamp?
Doesnt really matter, but sometimes use it to work out distance to empty or to destinstion.
Ta MaccaHi Macca. Yes, the odometer has the same as the clock. Sounds like the bulb is blown. The LEDs seem to be the best way to go.

macca
28th July 2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks fixer, had a quick go at getting to the cluster and couldnt get the surround trim past the steerig wheel will have another go over the weekend. There must be an easier way.
Macca

fixer982
28th July 2011, 04:46 PM
I managed to flex the surround enough to get it past the steering wheel but only just. It does come out but you have to hold your mouth just right....LOL The approved method is to disable the airbag and remove the steering wheel, but I couldn't be stuffed for 4x bulbs.