PDA

View Full Version : What job do you have??

Woof
3rd August 2010, 10:35 PM
I will start, as this could be interesting:bigthumbup:

I am a Mobile Dog Groomer, that is why I picked this forum name as all the kids yell " The Dogman's here"
Will be looking for a new name soon as it is time for a change after 6 years of getting bitten.

AB
3rd August 2010, 10:51 PM
Had a few different roles over the years...lol

Current = Estimator - Quote jobs for artificial grass surfacing, landscaping and shade structures etc.

Also (internet marketing) make sites rank higher in Google - Part time!

Maxhead
3rd August 2010, 10:58 PM
Also (internet marketing) make sites rank higher in Google - Part time!
No wonder we're getting 500 hits a day...good stuff, watch out 1000000 online users

Maxhead
3rd August 2010, 11:00 PM
Well I'm an electronics technician now working for a photocopier company as a service supervisor

Nissan Kid
3rd August 2010, 11:17 PM
Hey Hey guys, Well as you may know i'm still at school doing year 12. At the end of it i'm going to be moving to Lake Eildon to Complete a Diploma In Outdoor Recreation and then maybe a teachers degree.....See what happens.

But for now, so that i can keep filling the Patrol with goodies i work at Tandy Electronics On saturdays. This may help to explain the huge amount of gadgets in my car....lol

Cheers

YNOT
3rd August 2010, 11:29 PM
I'm a machine mechanic I guess you'd call it. A mobile mechanic that services and repairs Tennant industrial sweepers and floor scrubbers. I cover an area from Logan (on Brisbanes southside) to Coffs Harbour.
I started off as a motor mechanic, worked in 2 brisbane Ford dealers for 16 years in total. Gave up the cars 3 years ago when I was approached to do this job.

Tony

DX grunt
3rd August 2010, 11:53 PM
I will start, as this could be interesting:bigthumbup:

I am a Mobile Dog Groomer, that is why I picked this forum name as all the kids yell " The Dogman's here"
Will be looking for a new name soon as it is time for a change after 6 years of getting bitten.

Us West Aussies have to stick together. I'm The Dogman's best friend - a blue heeler.

patch697
4th August 2010, 10:10 AM
Well you beat me Rossco im one of those funny looking hairless numbers......lol

The up side to that is I don't get fleas..........LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

gec
4th August 2010, 10:47 AM
Whats a job?

red92gq
4th August 2010, 09:44 PM
I do Antique clock, Gramaphone an polyphon restoration,

AB
4th August 2010, 10:03 PM
I do Antique clock, Gramaphone an polyphon restoration,

Thats a great job mate!

Would love to get into restoring old antique furniture, cabinets, etc.

Alex Ruby
5th August 2010, 09:11 AM
I'm a Project Manager for a General Contractor. Its pretty interesting the wide range of jobs everyone has.

Pete's GU3
5th August 2010, 02:14 PM
Well, Im a Garboligist , i drive a 23 tonne rear loader, bin lifters on the back ,got 2 runners on the truck , we do all the alley ways , lane ways, courts etc , doing it for 2 years .5 am to midday , not bad hours .prior to that i was a sales rep for 20 years ...

Timbo
5th August 2010, 03:17 PM
Well, Im a Garboligist , i drive a 23 tonne rear loader, bin lifters on the back ,got 2 runners on the truck , we do all the alley ways , lane ways, courts etc , doing it for 2 years .5 am to midday , not bad hours .prior to that i was a sales rep for 20 years ...

My uncle drives for Collex (viola trucks now?) and he's been doing it since he was young. He has made a great living out of it and owns his own truck now. Bit of a graveyeard shift but good money I guess.

Timbo
5th August 2010, 03:18 PM
I'm a Graphic Designer myself. I may or may not have helped Andy with the flashing headlights on the Nissan Banner on the main page. :0

Nissan Kid
5th August 2010, 04:45 PM
I'm a Graphic Designer myself. I may or may not have helped Andy with the flashing headlights on the Nissan Banner on the main page. :0
Thats great mate, You would be pleased to know that, that was the first thing i noticed!

CoR
5th August 2010, 07:04 PM
Electrician - Mainly worked in the pumping industry (no smart jokes alright lol), Industrial, Domestic and Appliance repairs - whitegoods etc.

Finly Owner
5th August 2010, 10:12 PM
I'm a machine mechanic I guess you'd call it. A mobile mechanic that services and repairs Tennant industrial sweepers and floor scrubbers. I cover an area from Logan (on Brisbanes southside) to Coffs Harbour.
I started off as a motor mechanic, worked in 2 brisbane Ford dealers for 16 years in total. Gave up the cars 3 years ago when I was approached to do this job.

Tony

well Tony you may cross path with the Co. I work for.

Finly Owner
5th August 2010, 10:15 PM
Me.... I'm called a Serviceman/Driver....... working for a hire company.

YNOT
5th August 2010, 10:55 PM
Finly, you don't happen to work for Kennards do you?

Tony

my91gq
6th August 2010, 02:07 AM
i deliver lollies for a living but im a qualified seafood proccesor and cert 3 in seafood managment

patch697
6th August 2010, 09:25 AM
Im a qualified metal finishing technician by trade & have done few different jobs in few different industry's but have spent the bulk of my life in the automotive industry of which im still in today.

TimE
7th August 2010, 03:38 PM
I'm retired. Damn hard work doing exactly what you want when you want! .................but as they say, someone has to do it!

http://www.idontdomornings.com/Images/ProductsImages/ZOOM/62-Oldfart.jpg

Finly Owner
10th August 2010, 11:22 PM
Finly, you don't happen to work for Kennards do you?

Tony

Yep Slacks Ck/springwood

Finly Owner
10th August 2010, 11:23 PM
Im a qualified metal finishing technician by trade & have done few different jobs in few different industry's but have spent the bulk of my life in the automotive industry of which im still in today.

OK so what is that exactly? Sounds very important. Guessing fancy name for hard labour.

Ducks
11th August 2010, 06:03 AM
30 years as a Heavy duty fitter,
Work in the Mining industry..