PDA

View Full Version : Wompinni Station

Mark
31st May 2010, 09:13 PM
Last easter i visted my mates old station on the Murray's edge called Wompinnia Station.

An old farmhouse right on the Murray River about 2 hours out of Wentworth on a harsh dirt road, inaccessible in the wet.

Best easter trip ever. Although the fish wern't biting we had a great time trying to fish (more drinking really) hunting and just kicking back enjoying the land with no one around for miles.

I must admit Easter time is the best time for travelling up north for anyone living in Melbourne.

Here's a couple of pics but ill have to hunt around and find some better ones of the farmhouse and the river. it's amazing how big the Murray is actually. I haven't been up here in a while!

Anyway, attached is a pic of me on top of the mrs patrol wagon, she wasn't too happy when she saw this pic and one of my baby going for a cruise in my gu Patrol ute, as you can see she looks really excited about the 9 hour drive ahead...haha

AB
31st May 2010, 09:20 PM
I know Wentworth area quite well actually. Wheres the station, east or west of Wentworth?

By the look at that photo looks pretty far west heading into the desert i assume?

The environment changes heaps after Wentworth, you can start to see the red sand, etc.

P.S - Its a great area to forget life for a week or so i agree!

Mark
31st May 2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah your right, It's 2 hours on a long long long dirt road heading pretty much to SA - Renmark area. I was only there for a week and a bit but could've stayed for a lifetime.
Just need a rod, petrol for the tinny, endless beer and I'm set for life!!! :)

Johnno
3rd June 2010, 01:24 PM
They should be letting the dams go soon around there so the fishing will be A++++ soon. Also, theres a lot of alge trapped in the Murray at the moment so it really needs a flush out!

Bring on the fish!

Wompinni
1st May 2019, 02:02 PM
Hi AB. Found this old post on google and we have a few Patrols. But we loved Wompinni Station so much we just purchased it.....
Any Nissan owner welcome to come and stay any time......

Wompinni
1st May 2019, 02:04 PM
Mark you should come back.... Like you we love it so we bought it.... Come and see Wompinni Station now.... cheers

GQtdauto
1st May 2019, 03:59 PM
Magical country.

AB
1st May 2019, 06:36 PM
Hi AB. Found this old post on google and we have a few Patrols. But we loved Wompinni Station so much we just purchased it.....
Any Nissan owner welcome to come and stay any time......

That’s great guys what an awesome score!!!

Such an amazing part of the world, we’ll stay in touch for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudski
1st May 2019, 06:47 PM
Next years Easter trip maybe? I’m busting to have time to dust off the fishing rods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk