PDA

View Full Version : GU suspension

macca86
17th July 2011, 08:59 PM
I'm looking at putting on this kit how hard is it going to be and is the price right and is it a good kit?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL-GU-IRONMAN-4WD-4-LIFT-SUSPENSION-KIT-4X4-/280430790975?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item414afa493f
Is the optional extras all I need to complete the lift? and if so how many more items would be needed and what would the total price be?
Many thanks guys

macca86
17th July 2011, 09:04 PM
or this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL-GQ-GU-IRONMAN-4WD-6-LIFT-LOT-/280567027835?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415319187b or am I getting carried away with myself? 4" should be enough to get 35" tyres under her

YNOT
17th July 2011, 09:43 PM
My advice, forget the 6" lift. The police and Transport department in Logan hammer modified 4wd's pretty hard and you will attract enough attention with a 4" and 35's. With the big gaurds on the GU 35's will fit OK with a 4" lift.

You will need the springs, shocks, panhards, brake lines, extended diff breathers, brake bias valve extender bracket, castor correction (drop boxes/drop arms/castor plates - your choice) extended rear lower control arms or adjustable upper arms, extended sway bar link pins if you still want to run sway bars (front sway bar cannot be fitted with most drop arms). Steering damper recommended depending on what is currently fitted.

Tony

macca86
17th July 2011, 09:53 PM
4" kit seem to have most of that stuff just needs breathers, steering damper, bias valve and extended rear lower control arms or adjustable upper arms. so looking at 3500 delivered to the door does that sound ab out right?

YNOT
17th July 2011, 10:00 PM
$3,500 sounds about right, then you have to fit it!
Doing a big lift properly is not a cheap exercise but if you don't do it right they are horrible to drive.

Tony

Gert B Frobe
18th July 2011, 07:01 PM
Why mess around with Ironman stuff? If you are looking to go big lifts do it properly first up and go through Snake Racing or Superior Engineering.

On the other hand I know a guy who runs 35's on a 2" lift and he reckons its good, he only went to 3" because of the other accessories in his truck ie rear bar, drawers, two spares, loaded roof rack and towing.

It all comes down to purpose.

MudRunnerTD
19th July 2011, 11:25 AM
Yep i'd be sticking with the 4" kit mate. That add is pretty poor though as there is a long list as per Tony's post of extras you need.

If you go with SNake Racing stuff you will give away your first born for the privileged, they set their price at around $1000 per inch of lift! you work it out!.

I'd be advising you to go to a dealer for a package if you have the right amount of money to spend mate. Your not a suspension expert so buying bits all over the joint and making up a kit is madness. Give Shane from Suspension Stuff a call and he will hook you up with a complete kit to suit your car and accessories for that kind of money using Dobisen, Superiors and other quality parts. If your not happy then he is a phone call away and will swap stuff over to fine tune if necessary.

https://www.suspensionstuff.com.au/shop/index.php?cPath=137_40_70&osCsid=u3uvrjs465tius3mgrjj580ue2

You also have a complete system warranty too mate, he cant say that a part bought from others is the fault.

A professional will do all the thinking for you and it will be right. he will also only be a phone call away should you need advice when fitting.

Oh yeah..... Go the drop boxes and not the caster bushes for a very happy drive.

my 2c

roon
23rd July 2012, 03:28 AM
u can try iron man y61 suspension its really good for off roading

roon
23rd July 2012, 03:29 AM
ironman foam cell technoligy suspension

Rip'n'Shred
23rd July 2012, 11:58 AM
Go suspension stuff. A lot better quality suspension components. You may be surprised with the price too, a lot cheaper than $3500.