PDA

View Full Version : forum fishing trip to tincan bay

hekarewe
17th July 2011, 08:42 AM
just throwing this out as an idea just for now, but who would be interested in doing a fishing trip to tin can bay (great sandy nat park). this would be a camp over night trip and would involve some beach driving thinking on going up on the friday night after work so can be up there for the morning tides on the saturday coming home late on the sunday.

this is just too see who naybe interested in this so have not set dates as yet but thinking late october water temps should be up by then and that should bring in fish.

now seeing as i am new up here i will need a hand to organise this as i dont know my way arond or who we need to talk to for permits etc this is open to alll memebers i would say at this stage feel free to bring boats canoes etc the more the merrier

right just to make this easier to read as sudjested here are the confirmed dates for the fishing trip to tin can bay;;;; 29th to the 30th October 2011

ok guys here some more info for those who are coming along for this on. everyone attending will need camping and beach permits which can be obtained online from the following web site;

https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks/iaparks/gds/

i will be checking tides for the weekend when it gets closer,,, depending on the tiodes will depend on whether i go friday evening after work or on the saturday morning. either way i will put detailed directions up on this thread over the next few days so everyone will have all the info you need to get out on beach.

WATCH this SPACE

macca86
17th July 2011, 08:49 AM
sounds like a plan

Bigrig
17th July 2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah - depending on the date, we'll be in - happy to assist organising ...

hekarewe
17th July 2011, 09:33 AM
Yeah - depending on the date, we'll be in - happy to assist organising ...

ok looks like we may have aplan in the making here will not be setting a date until after the senic rim trip as i have out smarted myself with a week chasing deer and the home and strait back down to senic rim:animierte-smilies-t so if we can get everyone expression of interest and then go from there

Airstrike
17th July 2011, 09:58 AM
Im in. There are some great spots up there to fish

macca86
17th July 2011, 11:55 AM
ok looks like we may have aplan in the making here will not be setting a date until after the senic rim trip as i have out smarted myself with a week chasing deer and the home and strait back down to senic rim:animierte-smilies-t so if we can get everyone expression of interest and then go from there

chasing deer? where abouts? I'm just waiting to get my gun license back applied for it a month ago would love to get a stag! but fishing will do for now.

hekarewe
17th July 2011, 01:23 PM
chasing deer? where abouts? I'm just waiting to get my gun license back applied for it a month ago would love to get a stag! but fishing will do for now.

going south of the boarder,,,, but where i am going you can only get in there under permit from the game council of nsw with an r licience can be hard to get if your out of state,,,, maintaned mine when i moved up here

Finly Owner
17th July 2011, 09:28 PM
Me and a mate would love to jion in on this trip

Tim

hekarewe
17th July 2011, 09:58 PM
looking good guys so far we have 5 expessions of interest so will organise dates and post them in a few weeks be looking towards late october any local knowledge and info more then welcome!!!

Finly Owner
17th July 2011, 10:29 PM
looking good guys so far we have 5 expessions of interest so will organise dates and post them in a few weeks be looking towards late october any local knowledge and info more then welcome!!!apparantly up near Hervey bay there is a bridge as you head east away from the Bruce hwy that crosses a wide creek/river/inlet that has a beach type bank only accessable by 4WD!

Tim

hekarewe
17th July 2011, 10:46 PM
apparantly up near Hervey bay there is a bridge as you head east away from the Bruce hwy that crosses a wide creek/river/inlet that has a beach type bank only accessable by 4WD!

Tim

guess we should try and find it see if there are any fish there

Finly Owner
17th July 2011, 11:10 PM
guess we should try and find it see if there are any fish thereThat must be plan "A" then.....

Tim

Bigrig
17th July 2011, 11:59 PM
looking good guys so far we have 5 expessions of interest so will organise dates and post them in a few weeks be looking towards late october any local knowledge and info more then welcome!!!

Well, considering my whole family lives in Hervey Bay, and their wives etc come from Maryborough/Wide Bay region, I reckon we'll be OK for finding spots to go to!!!

Airstrike
18th July 2011, 08:48 AM
Woodgate beach on the coast from childers has AWESOM fishing and great 4x4 track to boot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usQ1NJdzreg

Its an add for a holiday place but ignore that there is good info in the vid.

Dhuck
18th July 2011, 09:35 AM
I could possibly be in for it. All date pending.

nickpeacock36
18th July 2011, 10:57 AM
I could possibly be in for it. All date pending.

Me and possibly a mate also.

04OFF
18th July 2011, 02:33 PM
Great idea !

I totally can't fish for sh8t, but i can make up for it with my beer drinking skills, if my mate has bought his boat by the trip date, i recon i could talk him into doing something llike this :clapping:

Yendor
18th July 2011, 11:24 PM
I'm keen, depending on when.

hekarewe
18th July 2011, 11:40 PM
hmm me thinks this growning bigger then ben hur LOL morer the merrier i say of the cause the you must know the golden rule no one is to catch a fish before the organiser!!!! and not bigger then either LOL will start looking at the calander and work out what i have on and when then posted up sooner rather then later

hekarewe
26th July 2011, 10:03 PM
bump!!!! bumpy bump

Ben-e-boy
28th July 2011, 09:44 AM
I can come and say hello. seeing as I live in the area

Airstrike
28th July 2011, 12:52 PM
So is this a set in stone date?

hekarewe
29th July 2011, 06:48 PM
yes it is set in stone no i have not set a date as yet will be doing that this weekend once i have checked my calander twice to sure to be sure

Airstrike
29th July 2011, 07:47 PM
copy. I am in either way

hekarewe
29th July 2011, 07:51 PM
I can come and say hello. seeing as I live in the area

of cos u can beneboy just drop in leave your thongs on the step leave your money on the fridge LLOOLOLOL

hekarewe
31st July 2011, 10:36 PM
ok here are the dates for the fishing trip,,,,

29-30/10/11

now people seeing as i know bugger all about the area i new sudjestions about camping areas around tin can bay and if we need permits etc all help appriecated :)

Bigrig
1st August 2011, 08:03 AM

29-30/10/11

now people seeing as i know bugger all about the area i new sudjestions about camping areas around tin can bay and if we need permits etc all help appriecated :)

We should be fine for that date ... I'll suss out some local information today and post it up ...

macca86
1st August 2011, 05:27 PM
I'll be in N.Z. then so have fun guys

hekarewe
1st August 2011, 07:39 PM
I'll be in N.Z. then so have fun guys

good fishing over in NZ drop i line while your there

hekarewe
1st August 2011, 07:45 PM
We should be fine for that date ... I'll suss out some local information today and post it up ...

thanks for the help scott will be appriecated,,,, will catch up with you at scenic rim and discusse the trip with you then..

macca86
1st August 2011, 08:09 PM
good fishing over in NZ drop i line while your there

would love to at a mates wedding then off to see the fiance's father too busy to fish

element88
1st August 2011, 08:28 PM
mate I used to live there....not alot to do but fish fish fish:) headin down there in a week or so hope to get some good ones lol

Finly Owner
1st August 2011, 09:46 PM

29-30/10/11

have added dates to calender

Tim

hekarewe
2nd August 2011, 05:54 PM
have added dates to calender

Tim

looking forward to seeing you there

04OFF
3rd August 2011, 08:21 AM

29-30/10/11

I think this will still be in school holidays, i can see me getting out voted by the family ;)

hekarewe, be a good idea to edit your first post and insert dates , make it easier for new readers to find ?

Bigrig
3rd August 2011, 10:02 AM
thanks for the help scott will be appriecated,,,, will catch up with you at scenic rim and discusse the trip with you then..

Too easy - always better to discuss these things over a coldie anyway!!! lol

hekarewe
3rd August 2011, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=04OFF;121744]I think this will still be in school holidays, i can see me getting out voted by the family ;)

All you got to do mate is turn around to the family and say;;; "right I am the man of the house and head of this family so what io say goes!!!! we are going fishing and you will enjoy yourselves!!!!" :smileyvault-cute-bi:smileyvault-cute-bi

hekarewe, be a good idea to edit your first post and insert dates , make it easier for new readers to find ?

have taken the above sudjestion on board and jobs done origanal post is now edited and the dates highlighted in red :smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up:

hekarewe
3rd August 2011, 07:02 PM
Too easy - always better to discuss these things over a coldie anyway!!! lol

just have to do it early in the evening or we may end up fishing the top end by the nights finish:cheers::cheers::animierte-smilies-f:animierte-smilies-f

hekarewe
23rd August 2011, 07:30 PM
just thought i would give this another bump to stir up some more interest more the merrier so dust off the fish gear and get your "the one that got away" storys ready

Silver
23rd August 2011, 07:51 PM
It is the last weekend of the state school hols

Bigrig
23rd August 2011, 07:54 PM
We're still in ...

hekarewe
23rd August 2011, 08:43 PM
It is the last weekend of the state school hols

i am sure we will be able to find a camp site for all of us i am thinking of going up there for a weekend before hand to do a bit of a reccie just to see whats up there so we dont get any supprises. will posted up when i do that so if anyone wants to come for the drive they can.

hekarewe
5th September 2011, 08:16 PM
bump this one agian just went through the numbers quickly looks like we should have about 8 to 10 vehicles coming by the looks of it the dates fixed in stone and is on the first post so come on guys dust of the fishing gear and get out there. i will be trying to get up there for a day trip some time in the next few weeks just for a look see to see whats there and where we might stay will be up dating as i go and when i work out the day trip is anyone wants come for the drive you will be more then welcome

Airstrike
5th September 2011, 08:35 PM
Copy, I leave the 2nd of November so I am in.

hekarewe
5th September 2011, 08:56 PM
Copy, I leave the 2nd of November so I am in.

exelant look forward to seeing you there

element88
9th September 2011, 10:37 AM
Any idea on the road name?? im in the bay and wouldnt mind checkin it out for future reference:)

nath

hekarewe
9th September 2011, 10:40 PM
Any idea on the road name?? im in the bay and wouldnt mind checkin it out for future reference:)

nath

no idea i have not been there myself will be going up there in a week or so to have a look around to see whats up there

nickpeacock36
10th September 2011, 08:10 AM
im in, will see if mate still wants to go.

hekarewe
10th September 2011, 07:07 PM
ok guys have checked the dates for qld school holidays they run from 17/09/11 to 02/10/11 so will be well and truely over by the time we get to tin can bay :)

so far these are the people who have confirmed they are coming:

myself (go firgure) and my big brother woo hoo
big rig
Ryan
Finly Owner plus possible mate
Nick Peacock36

these folks still need to confirm yay or nay:
Dhuck
04off
Yendor
Ben-e-boy

I will be making some of my top secrect shore based bait for all to try,,,,, but if i tell you the recipie i will have to feed you to the sharks should have a couple of kilos ready by then,,,, i would sudjest to bring crab pots also as i am sure there should be some mangroves around there some where and should be warm enough for crabbing hmmmmm yummy crab.. i believe throw nets are leagal up here as well so if any has one bring it along good for catching live bait

i will be doing a day drive up to TC bay next sunday 18/09/11 for a bit of a reccie and scout out a few camp sites fishing spots etc. if any wants to join me for the day let me know and i will organise a meeting point for the day.

Ben-e-boy
11th September 2011, 07:42 PM
ok guys have checked the dates for qld school holidays they run from 17/09/11 to 02/10/11 so will be well and truely over by the time we get to tin can bay :)

so far these are the people who have confirmed they are coming:

myself (go firgure) and my big brother woo hoo
big rig
Ryan
Finly Owner plus possible mate
Nick Peacock36

these folks still need to confirm yay or nay:
Dhuck
04off
Yendor
Ben-e-boy

I will be making some of my top secrect shore based bait for all to try,,,,, but if i tell you the recipie i will have to feed you to the sharks should have a couple of kilos ready by then,,,, i would sudjest to bring crab pots also as i am sure there should be some mangroves around there some where and should be warm enough for crabbing hmmmmm yummy crab.. i believe throw nets are leagal up here as well so if any has one bring it along good for catching live bait

i will be doing a day drive up to TC bay next sunday 18/09/11 for a bit of a reccie and scout out a few camp sites fishing spots etc. if any wants to join me for the day let me know and i will organise a meeting point for the day.

I'm a spear fisherman myself I'll just come out to say hello. If I have fixed the ute by then

hekarewe
11th September 2011, 09:53 PM
I'm a spear fisherman myself I'll just come out to say hello. If I have fixed the ute by then

ok so what have you done to the mighty uterus???

hekarewe
11th September 2011, 09:53 PM

ok so what have you done to the mighty uterus???

hekarewe
2nd October 2011, 11:13 PM
bump titty bump bump

just doing this as a reminder and a heads up for those who have allready confirmed they are coming. went up to teerwah beech to day with a couple from tiwn rivers 4wd club for a bit of a reccie. hit the beech late on high tide and still had a reasonable sand to drive on camp sites all along the main beech permit required for camping and beech driving these are available on line will post up links seperatly. and with that here are some pics taken today

hekarewe
2nd October 2011, 11:17 PM
the traffic jam was caused by an ill prepeared toyota on the track that cuts over the head land towards rainbow beach. tracks not bad exept for one small section that was very soft in the bottom of a small dip where the ice cream man was set up is near some good facilities showers toiltet etc I am thinking of camping near that area for the comfort of the fairer sex

Ben-e-boy
2nd October 2011, 11:26 PM
I was there yesterday nice isnt it

hekarewe
2nd October 2011, 11:30 PM
I was there yesterday nice isnt it

cant wait to set the camper up there for the weekend there and doing so serious fishing

frenzy
3rd October 2011, 12:53 AM
Oh man! Would love to come along lads but October is completely full for us. Have a great weekend and don't forget the pics!

hekarewe
3rd October 2011, 11:06 PM
ok guys have just edited the first page of the thread with some more info for the weekend will be up dating as i go over next few days as i the info comes to hand so WATCH THIS SPACE

hekarewe
9th October 2011, 11:37 PM
right bit more info here have found a site with the tide charts/times for the area unfortunatly they only prodict about 10 days ahead so will be at least a week before i can put up the ide times and confirm if i will leave on friday late or early saturday.

if i go early on the saturday morning the meeting place will be the twin BP EARLY other wise i will put up directions to find us on the beach.

FYI guy the permit you will need must cover you for both camping and beach access to drive on it. also the ferrie does not accept silver coins and does not have eftpos on it you will need to pay for the camper as well starting price is $6.00 one way for a car/4wd. also have some cash on you as the ice cream man is also cash only

i would strongly sudjest that everyone bring some fire wood with you as i dont think there is much around there.

more to come as i get it and yes a few days before hand i will edit everthing and post it all on one page and PM all those who have confirmed with the info. 2 weeks to go yee haa

04OFF
10th October 2011, 01:21 AM
Here ya go bud !

Tide Times (24Hr), followed by tide hight in Meters

Oct 29th
SAT
0233 0.22 low
0928 2.20
1558 0.45 low
2138 1.44

Oct 30th
SUN
0317 0.35 low
1019 2.13
1701 0.55 low
2231 1.33

hekarewe
10th October 2011, 05:32 AM
Here ya go bud !

Tide Times (24Hr), followed by tide hight in Meters

Oct 29th
SAT
0233 0.22 low
0928 2.20
1558 0.45 low
2138 1.44

Oct 30th
SUN
0317 0.35 low
1019 2.13
1701 0.55 low
2231 1.33

which web site did you get that off,,, all the sites i looked at would only do ten days in advance???

04OFF
10th October 2011, 09:00 AM
http://www.bom.gov.au/oceanography/tides/MAPS/qld.shtml

or

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Tides/Tide-tables-2011.aspx

:smile:

04OFF
10th October 2011, 11:46 AM
Also a good idea to check conditions report ...........HERE (http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/cooloola/) .............(it will should be updated before you go)

In the same link you can search camping and permit info :thumbup:

hekarewe
10th October 2011, 10:06 PM
Also a good idea to check conditions report ...........HERE (http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/cooloola/) .............(it will should be updated before you go)

thanks for the info steve will get all my dates when it gets a bit close thanks agian

hekarewe
10th October 2011, 10:08 PM

thanks for the info steve will get all my dates when it gets a bit close thanks agian

hekarewe
16th October 2011, 05:38 PM
Ok guys n gulls here we go as promised,,, all the info thats relievent to our fishing weekend fresh as can be. As i said before get your camping permits on line before we go as waiting in line at the ferrie for them is just going to cut into our fun.

after checking tide times and deciding on where we are going to try and camp I have made the level decission to leave from the twin BP's on the bruce early on saturday morning 29th Oct 2011

I will be departing from the BP at 0600 sharp! (this will give us 3.5hrs to get into our camp site and set up) then fish the out going tide. i did think about friday night but that would mean driving on the beach in the night against an incoming tide, not a wise choice.

HEKAREWE will be parked with camper in the caravan parking area at the north end of the car park meet me there. I will be at the BP early to have breakfast and then depart at 0600 sharp. I dont wait unless you call me and your not going to be to long. towing campers in soft sand needs to be avoided at all costs you can contact me on 0411966822.

the plan will be to fish tides during saturday and saturday night early sunday if we are doing any good. break camp sunday morning and we will have the choice to either run with the tides to rainbow beach, or cut in land along fresh water track and come back via the state forests and gympie. we can decide on this around the camp fire saturday night. i will have my maps with me so we will definatly get lost at some stage ;)

finally can i get everyone who has not confirmed that they are coming to do so one way or the other and if anyone has changed their mind on coming let me know so i am not waiting for you. also if you have alturnative travel plans let me know thanks guys see you all there in 2 weeks

28 FR
0208 0.03
0842 2.10
1507 0.27
2050 1.57

29 SA
0253 0.10
0932 2.06
1602 0.34
2140 1.44

30 SU
0338 0.20
1023 1.97
1701 0.43
2230 1.32

Fire safety (reviewed 09/10/2011)
Campfires are only permitted at Poverty Point, Inskip Peninsula and Teewah Beach unless a fire prohibition is in place – check before you go. Take extra care with campfires – keep them small, never leave a fire unattended and extinguish with water, not sand. Use a pre-existing campfire site. Do not collect or burn bush timber (including leaves and twigs). Penalties apply. Preferably use a fuel stove.
BEACH and VEHICLE TRACK CONDITIONS (amended 09/10/2011)
BEACH: Drivers should exercise caution and drive to tide and beach conditions at all times. Beach driving should be attempted approximately 2 hours each side of low tide under normal tidal conditions. The Beach between Rainbow Township and the Leisha Track may be impassable due to continuing beach erosion. Use Freshwater Road as an alternative.
• BEACH HAZARD – Inskip Point: Due to severe natural erosion events, depressions have developed in a section of beach between the M.V. Beagle campground and the barge landing area. Extreme caution is recommended in the vicinity of these depressions as the beach is extremely unstable and sand could collapse or move without warning. Visitors must not park vehicles, stand or enter the water in the vicinity of the depressions. Observe all barriers, signage and directions by rangers.
SAND TRACKS: Cooloola’s sand tracks are rough, and are suitable for high clearance 4WD vehicles only. Beach access tracks are often soft and dry. All-wheel-drive vehicles, vehicles with low clearance or vehicles towing trailers, boats or vans may have difficulty and are not recommended on inland tracks. Drivers are advised to proceed with caution and drive to track conditions at all times.
*Conditions of inland sand tracks are listed on map overleaf.
• Freshwater Road is soft and very rough in sections.
• Harry’s Hut Road is OPEN, but rough in sections. Remedial work is underway. Heavy machinery may be in operation and minor delays may occur. Obey all signage and directions from rangers.

Low-lying areas or creek crossings may still be inundated from recent rains — exercise caution.
• The

How to book: Obtain your camping and vehicle access permits before you visit. On-the-spot fines apply.
1. Online at www.qld.gov.au/camping 2. Phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68) - 24 hours / 7 days
3. Visit the QPWS Great Sandy Information Centre at Moorindil Street, Tewantin (8am–4pm) or QPWS Rainbow Beach Information Centre (8am-4pm). Open 7 days (except Christmas Day)
4. Visit alternative QPWS permit issuing agents in Rainbow Beach: Manta-Ray Barge (Pty Ltd) Office; KFBV – Shell Service Station; or permit issuing agents in Noosa/Tewantin: Tourism Noosa – Noosa Junction; Noosa Caravan Park – Moorindil Street; Noosa North Shore Beach Campground (cash only) – Noosa North Shore.
5. School and group booking enquiries for Cooloola and Inskip Recreation Areas – ph: (07) 5449 7792.

Yendor
17th October 2011, 01:27 PM
Yep, I'm still in.

Where are we camping? is on Teewah beach.

Sir Roofy
17th October 2011, 01:35 PM
You ppl seem to have a lot of rules and regulations to follow
just to go fishing and camping for a w/end

Yendor
17th October 2011, 01:39 PM

Yep, we're called the nanny state for good reason.

Sir Roofy
17th October 2011, 01:46 PM
yep, we're called the nanny state for good reason.

i thought that was us

hekarewe
17th October 2011, 05:59 PM
Yep, I'm still in.

Where are we camping? is on Teewah beach.

yes on the beach (above the high tide line ) LOL :)

hekarewe
17th October 2011, 06:01 PM

thats what you get from the National sparks and wild fires department!!!! we should think our selves lucky they havent closed down that national park yet as well!!!

(better stop i cam feel the soap box coming out

Sir Roofy
17th October 2011, 06:19 PM
thats what you get from the National sparks and wild fires department!!!! we should think our selves lucky they havent closed down that national park yet as well!!!

(better stop i cam feel the soap box coming out

well mate thats on the cards nation wide track by track every year theres a new gate put up
in the interest of water quality and saveing the tracks or you cant drive here or there because the traditional owners need you to buy a permit

Yendor
17th October 2011, 06:24 PM
yes on the beach (above the high tide line ) LOL :)

I think we might be leaving a bit early.

It should only take about an hour and a half to reach the Noosa ferry when leaving from Caboolture, then say another half an hour for ferry crossing and to get down to the beach.

This puts us on the beach at 0800.

High tide is at 0932, we will need to wait at least 2 hours after high tide (even then I think the going will be tough, due to height of the high tide).

hekarewe
17th October 2011, 06:26 PM
Quick update folks just had a lenghty convo with peacemaker (he has extensive knowledge about the beach and tides etc.) so have come to a level one ,,,, meeting and departure will not change, but instead of going via the ferrie will more then likely go via gympie and the freshwater track just to be on the safe side of the tide we will still arrive in the camp area about the same time and a fun weekend is waiting for everyone

hekarewe
17th October 2011, 07:08 PM
well mate thats on the cards nation wide track by track every year theres a new gate put up
in the interest of water quality and saveing the tracks or you cant drive here or there because the traditional owners need you to buy a permit

i have a master key on the front of my patrol for those pesky new gates called a winch!!

hekarewe
17th October 2011, 07:11 PM
I think we might be leaving a bit early.

It should only take about an hour and a half to reach the Noosa ferry when leaving from Caboolture, then say another half an hour for ferry crossing and to get down to the beach.

This puts us on the beach at 0800.

High tide is at 0932, we will need to wait at least 2 hours after high tide (even then I think the going will be tough, due to height of the high tide).

thats why it was sudjested by peacemaker that the alturnate route may be better through freshwater track still be in camp about the same time and less time in the soft sand and more time enjoying our selves :)

Bigrig
17th October 2011, 07:49 PM
thats why it was sudjested by peacemaker that the alturnate route may be better through freshwater track still be in camp about the same time and less time in the soft sand and more time enjoying our selves :)

We're good with that path - less stress with the camper in tow ...

Yendor
17th October 2011, 08:37 PM

Sounds good.

Peacemaker
22nd October 2011, 12:23 AM
If the fresh water track has been graded recently you will be able to get to the camp site a bit quicker than normal. It's actually a bit more fun going through fresh water than the beach run most times as once ya on the beach it's like driving on the hi way( to easy). A good spot to camp is about 2k south of fresh water creek( northern point of camping) there is a 50k sign (2nd one going south) and bins about 150m south of that, we normally set up in behind the 50k sigh but 30m south of it is better as there is plenty of room for a few campers but still as a group and just in behind the dunes.

Peacemaker
22nd October 2011, 12:28 AM
Oh if any one needs some fire wood for the weekend and lives down underwood way give us a call 0421194010(work number) I've got a bit of timber down that way you can have.

hekarewe
22nd October 2011, 05:03 AM
If the fresh water track has been graded recently you will be able to get to the camp site a bit quicker than normal. It's actually a bit more fun going through fresh water than the beach run most times as once ya on the beach it's like driving on the hi way( to easy). A good spot to camp is about 2k south of fresh water creek( northern point of camping) there is a 50k sign (2nd one going south) and bins about 150m south of that, we normally set up in behind the 50k sigh but 30m south of it is better as there is plenty of room for a few campers but still as a group and just in behind the dunes.

that definatly sounds like us for the weekend, just wish it would hurry up n get here so we could get there lol

hekarewe
23rd October 2011, 10:23 PM
5 days and a wake up and we are on teewah for top weekend ,,,,, fishing gear sorted check ,,, new rod n reel check shark hook and trace you betchya,,,, flood light fitted and working on the back of hekarewe ready for a big night fishing yeppers!!! with a huge thanks to peacemaker for his time and craftsmenship to make the flood light work bait is salted berlie ready to be mixed on friday night so it be good n smelly for use over the weekend.

now for the important bit fire wood!!!!! can every one try and bring some fire wood with them,,, peace maker has a stoke pile of wood at one of his sites,, and if any one would like to either fill the boot or roof racks with some give him a call via PM for the details.

for those of you not convoying with me early saturday morning the location of our camp area will be about 2 klm south of the fresh water track and if your travelling up the beach from noosa it will be just north of the bins we will be behind the small sand dunes there

UHF channel will be 21

hekarewe
27th October 2011, 10:51 PM
just a quickie guys who is meeting me at the BP???? please let know so i know who to be on the look out for thanks guys look forward to seeing everyone there

Dhuck
27th October 2011, 11:13 PM
Don't look for me. Have to see the in-laws at some stage this week end

hekarewe
27th October 2011, 11:17 PM
oh dhuck i give you extraordanary perission to get out of that and come wrestle me on the beach LOL

Dhuck
28th October 2011, 12:19 AM
You could not take it mate. I am to much for you. lol

nickpeacock36
28th October 2011, 07:47 AM
i will have to drop out of this one, car is in for a new air con compressor.

hekarewe
28th October 2011, 04:19 PM
i will have to drop out of this one, car is in for a new air con compressor.

thats no good mate we will have to catch you on the next one

hekarewe
28th October 2011, 05:46 PM
yeehaaa FINALLY the weekend is here packing trailer baits done roll on the morning!!!!

excited????? hmmm i think so!!!

nickpeacock36
28th October 2011, 06:25 PM
yeehaaa FINALLY the weekend is here packing trailer baits done roll on the morning!!!!

excited????? hmmm i think so!!!

Have a great trip. Hope the fishing is good for all that are going.

Yendor
28th October 2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry guys, I am going to have to pull out of this trip as well.

hekarewe
28th October 2011, 11:04 PM
Sorry guys, I am going to have to pull out of this trip as well.

thats a shame yendor will have to catch up with next trip

hekarewe
30th October 2011, 08:16 PM
had an early start to the trip no one met us at the BP so charged ahead to rainbeach and loaded fire wood amd final esentuals then it was down the fresh water track to teewah and finally our camp site set up camp then broke out the fishing gear with my brother and wet a line or three... bit of a slow days fishing with only 4 caught and one keeper all were brim. peace maker turned up later in the afternoon loaded up with firewood and set up with us,,,,,, after dinner around a nice cossy fire it was drinks and then finally bed after a lot of sun sunday morning started with my brother and i getting into a fishing frenzy with dart on the run but none big enough to keep unfortunatly it didnt last to long with the tide the change we packed up and headed for honeymoon bay where all the kids had a ball while us oldies relaxed with the tide well on its way out it was time to hit the road home. Peacemaker went to the rescue of a great wall ute that was well bogged in the sand needing 3 snatch straps to reach him. well done Jason. our final exit off the beach near noosa heads had a slite hold up while a group in cluding a ute and caravan did their own recovery then it was our turn and the long drive back to reality... enjoy the pics

Grizzly
30th October 2011, 08:27 PM
Nice pics mate, looks like a great spot. So the bullsharks weren't on the bite ey?

hekarewe
30th October 2011, 08:40 PM
noooooo not a bloody sign of shark and definately not enough activity to even bother trying that bit was very disapointing,,,,, had my hope up on sunday morning untill i found out that other fish dont like dart as they were going of

Silver
30th October 2011, 09:17 PM
thanks for sharing your report and photos hekarewe. Sounds great!