PDA

View Full Version : Marks 97 GQ

MC97GQ
16th July 2011, 04:44 PM
Hi,

Thought I would post a couple of pics of the truck. I bought it just for getting around the back country here on the Monaro to get firewood(we burn lots).

But it's getting a life of it's own, The Cook reckons she's a "Troll Widow" I spend that much time tinkering with it.

A shot of the interior with the Mav Door Trims and Seats(with Black Duck Canvas covers as the seats are scmick)

I'll have to remember to take the camera and get some shots of the truck on the high Monaro

Mark

growler2058
16th July 2011, 04:54 PM
Mighty fine lookin Qute mate

Woof
16th July 2011, 04:58 PM
Very nice mate, can't wait to see some action shots

YNOT
16th July 2011, 05:07 PM
Looks good Mark but after seeing the new airbox you fitted I'd like to know more about what's been done under the bonnet. What make is the exhaust manifold and what are the turbo specs?

Tony

MC97GQ
16th July 2011, 05:09 PM
Very nice mate, can't wait to see some action shots

Hey The Dogman,

The missus reckons judging by a lot of shots here, I'll need to have it loaded to the gunnels with wood, in some serious mud and one of the front wheels parked on a rock showing some "flex" just to fit in.:wink:

Note to all: this is said with tongue firmly planted in cheek

Mark

MC97GQ
16th July 2011, 05:14 PM
Looks good Mark but after seeing the new airbox you fitted I'd like to know more about what's been done under the bonnet. What make is the exhaust manifold and what are the turbo specs?

Tony

Tony,

To tell the truth No Idea, I bought it like it, I'm sure the Turbo is a cheap one from that factory called China, it does have a custom 3" exhaust which has been really well done.

I'm still on a steep learning curve with this, as I said it was bought to be a workhorse but the whole family are getting really attached to it, my kids love riding in the back.

Mark

Clunk
16th July 2011, 11:04 PM
nice lookin work horse you have mate............. keep those piccies coming!!!! lol

patch697
17th July 2011, 01:49 AM
Tidy looking unit Mark. I've always had a soft spot for the tray backs.

frenzy
17th July 2011, 12:54 PM
Good looking beast mate. Keep the piccies coming.

nowoolies
17th July 2011, 01:32 PM
g`day Mark
i musta missa ya startup
so welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

AB
17th July 2011, 08:16 PM
Love the GQ utes mate, very tidy!!!

Finly Owner
17th July 2011, 08:40 PM
Nice ute Mate

Tim

MC97GQ
18th July 2011, 04:29 PM
Hi All and Tony,

I did some research on the Turbo that's fitted to the TD42 in the truck.

It's a KKR480 Turbo with the following specs.

Power Rating: 480HP
Turbo Housing: .7AR
Compressor Housing: .5AR
Flange Type: T3
Cooling: Water and Oil
Bearing Type: 360 Degree Thrust Bearing
Actuator Type: Internal Gate

This probably means more to everyone else than to me, all I know is it seems to work OK for the truck.

I can't say what boost it's running as I haven't hooked a boost gauge to it yet.

Hope this helps

Mark

Sunexim
19th July 2011, 05:15 PM
Hi,

Thought I would post a couple of pics of the truck. I bought it just for getting around the back country here on the Monaro to get firewood(we burn lots).

But it's getting a life of it's own, The Cook reckons she's a "Troll Widow" I spend that much time tinkering with it.

A shot of the interior with the Mav Door Trims and Seats(with Black Duck Canvas covers as the seats are scmick)

I'll have to remember to take the camera and get some shots of the truck on the high Monaro

Mark
Nice shots! could you please tell me the model of this truck and type of tyers you used?

MC97GQ
19th July 2011, 05:20 PM
Nice shots! can you please tell me the model of this truck?

Hi Sunexim,

It a May 1997 Nissan Patrol Cab Chassis DX with a TD4.2.

The tyres are mismatched front are Pirelli Scorpions and the back are Nexen,

They were on it when I bought it so when they wear out they will get changed. But they do the job for now and are near brand new.

Mark

Sunexim
21st July 2011, 08:43 PM
Hi Sunexim,

It a May 1997 Nissan Patrol Cab Chassis DX with a TD4.2.

The tyres are mismatched front are Pirelli Scorpions and the back are Nexen,

They were on it when I bought it so when they wear out they will get changed. But they do the job for now and are near brand new.

Mark
Great and thanks for providing me this information. I have also planning for buying it and can you suggest me some tips and what mileage can i expect from a 1997 N P??