PDA

View Full Version : Door trim removal

Stropp
23rd February 2021, 02:35 PM
Can anyone tell me if this door trim pops off as I need to remove mine to get it recovered.[ATTACH=CONFIG]

Tip12345
23rd February 2021, 03:42 PM
yes it pops off take off handles and arm rest . carefully pry it off . Take a look at Australian door cards I just used there ABS plastic ones .
nice job and no more cardboard crap !

Truckus
23rd February 2021, 03:45 PM
I have read that it pops off, can not tell from mine, trim is different (But the manual does not seem to indicate this) however I would do this with the entire trim removed to avoid damage or issues when putting it back in later. I think this is what Tip is talking about too,the entire trim.

Here an easy trim removal vid (its for mirror changes) but old mate walks you through the trim removal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWc5-8_9hVA

If you got a plastic spectacular or trim removal tool that is better than using the screwdriver to pop the trim clips away, as less likely to do damage to coatings and plastic trim, so if you douse a screwdriver, be gentle or wrap it in thin rubber strip or elec tape for the pry work.

Also here is a link to the trim section of the manual for the GU https://nissan.club/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=38441

MudRunnerTD
23rd February 2021, 05:45 PM
Strop see the vid above mate. the whole door card lifts out of the window gutter once it is popped off the door.

mudski
24th February 2021, 08:16 AM
That little pad thingo is connected to the door card on the inside. so the entire trim needs t be removed.

Stropp
25th February 2021, 01:44 PM
Bugger I was hoping to just pop that bit off, oh well it’s got to be done as it’s got a rather large split.

mudski
25th February 2021, 09:35 PM
Bugger I was hoping to just pop that bit off, oh well it’s got to be done as it’s got a rather large split.

5 minutes mate and the door trim is off. Easy!!!

Stropp
26th February 2021, 02:59 PM
Thx guys will do it when I get to Geelong