PDA

View Full Version : My New Toy

diesel79
15th July 2011, 08:38 PM
Ok so I have a new toy :)

I know what I want to do (I think) but wouldn't mind some advice from you guys out there who have been there & done it before. I haven't and I am not at all mechanically minded :jawdrop:

Have had a couple of mods done already - Bullbar, Driving Lights, Snorkel Dual Battery & Cooper ST's & still want to add - UHF, Side Rails / Steps, Rear Bar, Suspension Lift, Drawers, Fridge, Winch & front E-locker. (hopefully I don't end up over the GVM)

Pretty straight forward for me so far, one concern I have is recovery points I have done plenty of reading on this and everyone has a different opinion, I believe I will be able to snatch off the rear bar when done? As for the front I am not keen on using the hook thats already there, can anyone suggest the best place to get these fitted (Melb Area?) I want to put 2 on to spread the load, I am not fussed where I have to travel to get it done I just want it done right (not a fan of recovery)

Next is Chips & Exhausts being a brand new car I am concerned about warranty etc, have seen sites that say just take it out before you take the car into a dealership, Is it that simple? and if it is do you just plug it back in again?
These weren't mods I had even considered doing until someone mentioned it, Should I do this & if I were to would you suggest getting all my other mods done first?

Thanks

Rachel

nowoolies
15th July 2011, 08:43 PM
g`day Rachel
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies
if you go for a chip proberly the DP chip as its plug and play
so it can be removed before service , if one were to have one fitted that is hahahahaah

Woof
15th July 2011, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Rachel, enjoy......if you require any info on you new toy just send a PM to "The Evil Twin", he has a very nice Patrol and would be of great assistance, if you do not get a reply (as he is a fairly busy boy) just let me know and I will give you all the info that I have.

chester
15th July 2011, 09:56 PM
It all comes down to what YOU want to do with it,IE:what sort of trips do you want to do, mainly high country,desert,cape york etc etc.
Pretty much what you listed above would be fine for most trips,however more would be needed for a central australian trip,like water tank, long range etc etc.

Dhuck
15th July 2011, 09:58 PM
Lovin it, another female. go hard girl. lol. Unless your a bloke with a chicks name! Hmmmmmmm

diesel79
15th July 2011, 10:01 PM
Unless your a bloke with a chicks name! Hmmmmmmm

LOL nah not a bloke :) at least not last time I looked :P

growler2058
15th July 2011, 10:25 PM
G'day rachael they're a good mob here full of excellent info and advice

katwoman
16th July 2011, 11:15 AM
Welcome to our fabulous forum

Bob
16th July 2011, 11:19 AM
Welcome Rachel. Like your GU. Join in and enjoy

diesel79
16th July 2011, 08:18 PM
Ok not sure how this ended up in the members rides section??

Clunk
16th July 2011, 11:34 PM
g'day Rachel and welcome aboard the forum.............

frenzy
17th July 2011, 01:14 PM
Welcome aboard Rachel. Very nice looking truck.

Plenty of people willing to assist and heaps of info available.

Cheers,

Steve

Dark 1
17th July 2011, 03:32 PM
Ok not sure how this ended up in the members rides section??

The moderators probably moved it here, the gu is a top starting point with only a few simple mods can turn into a weapon offroad & a touring beast.

Scacey
21st July 2011, 09:25 AM
G'day Rachel, very nice Troll. I have a GUIV and am in the same boat as you except I'm a little behind. I have only just taken it down today to get the snorkel fitted, which, is just the first of the mods that I want to get done. Love the bullbar on yours, I'm after the same one. It's great to see another GU in the same colour with the mods I want to do already on one so I can see how it looks. Keep up the nice work.

Scacey!