PDA

View Full Version : Heavy/Stiff clutch

SammiGQ
15th July 2011, 02:18 PM
Hi guys

Well.. Ever since I got my GQ it's had a really heavy clutch. I remember researching back then and found that bleeding it would help but I was just wondering if there's anything else it could be?
I also replaced the clutch about 4 months ago so it's pretty much brand new - but still had the same problem.
It's starting to really pee me off. I'm getting into 4WDing a bit more than when I first started, so when someone's yelling at me to "Snap to third, SNAP TO THIRD!!!!!" and all you here is ..... <CRUNCH>
You can imagine it gets pretty annoying so any help would be great.

Bob
15th July 2011, 02:21 PM
Hi guys

Well.. Ever since I got my GQ it's had a really heavy clutch. I remember researching back then and found that bleeding it would help but I was just wondering if there's anything else it could be?
I also replaced the clutch about 4 months ago so it's pretty much brand new - but still had the same problem.
It's starting to really pee me off. I'm getting into 4WDing a bit more than when I first started, so when someone's yelling at me to "Snap to third, SNAP TO THIRD!!!!!" and all you here is ..... <CRUNCH>

Some of the Guys on the Meet at the Weekend should be able to help you Sammi

patch697
15th July 2011, 02:25 PM
Hi guys

A lot of GQ's came out with power assisted clutch's however some did not... If yours didn't one can be fitted (Not much to them) or yours may well have one but the booster is shaged.

What are you like with your under bonnet knowledge ie: what parts are what?

SammiGQ
15th July 2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks Bob hopefully someone will have a look for me.

Ahh I see, yeah that might be the issue then. I'm not great with mechanical knowledge.. Obviously, otherwise it'd probably be fixed by now :P

big_fletch
15th July 2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks Bob hopefully someone will have a look for me.

Ahh I see, yeah that might be the issue then. I'm not great with mechanical knowledge.. Obviously, otherwise it'd probably be fixed by now :P

I can have a look at it tommorrow Sammi if ya like, I have played around with them before so might be able to help out

Fletcha

SammiGQ
15th July 2011, 03:58 PM
I can have a look at it tommorrow Sammi if ya like, I have played around with them before so might be able to help out

Fletcha

That would be great Fletch thanks

Dhuck
15th July 2011, 04:20 PM
Just remember Fletch cluch not crotch since both have a stick hanging around near by.

patch697
15th July 2011, 04:24 PM
Just remember Fletch cluch not crotch since both have a stick hanging around near by.

Dhuck.............. Family forum........ Now behave or you won't be aloud to play with the other nice members anywhere except in GB.......................PML

Dhuck
15th July 2011, 04:28 PM
Mate all this talk about crotch's, I mean clutches has opened up a good stir. But I will go hop back in my box now like a good boy. rofl

SammiGQ
15th July 2011, 10:22 PM
Bloody men, any chance to talk about your genitals. LOL