PDA

View Full Version : New y62 Park to Reverse - resistance / difficulty moving to Reverse. Thud.

Richmc
21st November 2020, 07:51 PM
hey finally picked up the y62. It's huge and very comfortable.
It's about 500kms old :)

My wife mentioned that the drive selector is difficult to go from P to R and thuds into Reverse. I wouldn't expect this from a new car.
It also shifts roughly from time to time, but I haven't worked out the exact sequence that occurs in.

Should I be concerned? Has anyone else noticed this?

cheers,
Rich

Avo
22nd November 2020, 10:26 AM
If they parked on a bit of a slope some people have mentioned the hard to shit or making a clunk going from park to reverse,if so try putting the handbrake on then going into park,like you say it's a big car and alot of weight on the transmission especially if on a hill

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

threedogs
22nd November 2020, 12:54 PM
hey finally picked up the y62. It's huge and very comfortable.
It's about 500kms old :)

My wife mentioned that the drive selector is difficult to go from P to R and thuds into Reverse. I wouldn't expect this from a new car.
It also shifts roughly from time to time, but I haven't worked out the exact sequence that occurs in.

Should I be concerned? Has anyone else noticed this?

cheers,
Rich

I would mention it to the dealer so at least
its on their books in case it is a bigger problem

04OFF
22nd November 2020, 03:28 PM
As Avo said, put the park brake on, let the car rest on the park brake , then select park, also don't forget its designed to be used with a leg/foot. so don't be afraid to give it a fair old shove toward the floor.

Give your gear box some more time . it should settle in and may still be learning the way you drive, mine was the same but all good after a few thousand ks.