PDA

View Full Version : GQ Bonnet Question

MC97GQ
13th July 2011, 07:55 PM
Hi all,

I adjusted my bonnet the other day to make it easier to close but now I have a couple of rattles one on the drivers side and one on the passengers side that sound like they're coming from right up under the dash. I've had a look under the dash and can't find anything loose.

I was wondering if any one could tell me whether there should be two rubber stoppers at the hinge end of the bonnet in the two round holes near the hinges. I am wondering if my rattles might be the hinges rattling against the bottom of their housings, I thought if there were rubbers in these holes protruding up about a half inch it might stop this.

Any thoughts appreciated

Mark

growler2058
13th July 2011, 08:11 PM
Did u adjust the front stoppers when you made the other adj and are there rubbers on the front stoppers

MC97GQ
14th July 2011, 05:27 AM
Yeah growlers,

The front stops have rubbers and are adjusted up, the bonnet shuts like a dream, put it down and a gentle push to lock it.

I'm just trying to work out if there should be rubbers near the hinges, as the rattles only seemed to have started after I adjusted it.

But I hated slamming the bonnet.

Mark

growler2058
14th July 2011, 12:01 PM
I'm away at the moment so can't check mine and can't remember how they work someone will come along soon no doubt

Andrew

Clunk
14th July 2011, 12:40 PM
I'll see if I can have a look at mine in a bit, once I'v gots the kids off for their mornin nap

MC97GQ
16th July 2011, 11:10 AM
Hi All,

Just a quick update, I readjusted the bonnet catch and bonnet stoppers last night, it still shuts really easy, but the bonnet is a lot tighter in the catch and my two mystery rattles have disappeared.

Gotta be happy with that,

Thanks to all who replied

Mark

patch697
16th July 2011, 11:19 AM
Hi All,

Just a quick update, I readjusted the bonnet catch and bonnet stoppers last night, it still shuts really easy, but the bonnet is a lot tighter in the catch and my two mystery rattles have disappeared.

Gotta be happy with that,

Thanks to all who replied

Mark

Great news mate & thanks for the update.