PDA

View Full Version : GQ Electric side mirrors

Airstrike
13th July 2011, 12:00 AM
Hi Guys hope all well.

I have had an ongoing issue with my side mirrors and how to work around it. I was attempting to stick them in place with tape today when i got stroppy that it was still moving I ending up destroying the drivers side. I have rang every wreckers in Brisbane and some in VIC with no luck i have looked into after market ones overseas with no luck as I will need the mirror and housing.

I do not care if they are electric or not as long as it works. I have read that the Navara D21 or D22 is the same wing that will fit? Has anyone ever a.Used Navara mirrors on the GQ or b.Know where to get either after market ones or cheap replacements. I looked into the tow mirrors but seems the price would be the same.

Cheers

patch697
13th July 2011, 12:06 AM
Try this bloke here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?915-Nizzbits-(vic)

& a place called smartparts.com

Good luck

Airstrike
13th July 2011, 12:13 AM
Cheers mate I was just looking at their website. Not much under the GQ tab though might need to call them.

patch697
13th July 2011, 03:07 AM
No rpobs mate....... Patrol parts are on the slow side at the mo cos there price has shot up & wreckers aren't buying as many but good luck with it.

Be sure to Nizzbits a shot, he's great to deal with & he will help if he can....

If I scout something out I'll post it here & if you find one do like wise.

All the best
Paul

Bigrig
13th July 2011, 06:36 AM
Patrolapart have the side mirrors as well - at least they did about 5 months ago when I replaced my electric one ...

MC97GQ
13th July 2011, 06:42 AM
Ryan,

Contact Garry at Nizzbits either email or phone as I needed a bit for my GQ and there isn't much listed on the website but he had what I wanted in stock, and not a bad price either for genuine nissan.

And if you give him your VIN he can match specific parts to specific trucks.

Mark

Airstrike
13th July 2011, 08:39 AM
Thank you very much guys I will call these places this morning. I heard of a business that may have a 'copy' part that comes from thailand, I will look into this aswell they are supposed to do most aftermarket GQ parts. Either way will help to slowly chip away at the old truck.

Airstrike
13th July 2011, 12:34 PM
Nissparts price the mirrors at $215 each ouch :(

hipopp
13th July 2011, 02:09 PM
has anyone converted their electric mirrors to manual ones?

Airstrike
13th July 2011, 02:20 PM
Thats a good point is there a easy conversion out there?

Clunk
13th July 2011, 03:57 PM
Hi Ryan, just found these whilst trawling for bits for myself, they are manual mirrors though and are in WA.

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-parts-accessories-other-parts-accessories-GQ-NISSAN-PATROL-GENUINE-FRONT-MIRRORS-DRIVER-PASSANGER-SIDE-W0QQAdIdZ297050531

thay may or may not still have them, worth a try if you're stuck...

Airstrike
13th July 2011, 04:15 PM
Cheers mate I contacted him and left a message mine look different to those but looks as if they can still screw into the wing.

I read somewhere on the site I might be able to use D22 or D21 Navara ones. I hope thats right would save a fortune. I cant find the page now though. Cheers again for the info.

Clunk
13th July 2011, 04:28 PM
No worries at all mate, hope you're able to find something soon bud

PT Paul
15th July 2011, 10:10 AM
Hey All,
I have exactly the same problem. Wobbly mirrors. Quoted $680.oo fitted. Cheap manual ones (might be called anologue these days!) that bolt on to the door can be had for less than $50.oo but that'd look C#*P. Would love to know a best fix. Maybe just handing over the money is the best fix. You'd think someone would be doing aftermarket ones, 'cus it sure seems like a common problem eg; everyone I ask just shrugs and says "yeah, they all do that Ha bloody Ha" and usually with that tone of self importance that reiks of " I cant beleive this guy bought a GQ with, of all things, ELECTRIC mirrors.

Finly Owner
15th July 2011, 09:26 PM
Ryan

Try Panel house in Slacks Creek, they stock new aftermarket replacements, now I can't be sure they'll have electric mirrors, but they do carry late model patrol mirrors. Google " Panel House "

Tim

TuffTD42
16th July 2011, 03:49 PM
Nissparts price the mirrors at $215 each ouch :(

Might have to get on to nizzy my self. Thats half price. My local Nissan thief wants $430 a side!

Airstrike
17th July 2011, 09:57 AM
Ryan

Try Panel house in Slacks Creek, they stock new aftermarket replacements, now I can't be sure they'll have electric mirrors, but they do carry late model patrol mirrors. Google " Panel House "

Tim

Cheers tim I will give them a call Monday the site states that they have side mirrors I hope they are the same as Im chasing.

Ryan

Finly Owner
17th July 2011, 09:56 PM
Cheers tim I will give them a call Monday the site states that they have side mirrors I hope they are the same as Im chasing.

Ryanlet us know mate

Tim

hipopp
18th July 2011, 06:39 PM
went to a wrecker today and the electric mirror is ouch $165. will investigate putting a filler plate in the window to use manual mirrors which are $29 each...will post guys.

beachdweller
10th August 2011, 08:37 AM
Having the same problem with mine, mirror is fine if you don't mind shaking your head to see anything. Is this a design fault as everyone with the electric mirrors seems to be the same?

Clunk
11th August 2011, 01:12 AM
Having the same problem with mine, mirror is fine if you don't mind shaking your head to see anything. Is this a design fault as everyone with the electric mirrors seems to be the same?
probably but it only happens with the passenger side........... drivers side is fine so far

NoBody
16th August 2011, 09:26 AM
Well, I guess I'm an exception then; my '97 GQ is not having these issues so far. Better stays that way though :wink:

Bigrig
16th August 2011, 09:28 AM

Have you tightened the screw on the under side of the mirror? My come loose and the glass shakes, but tighten that screw up every now and then and good as new.

PT Paul
18th August 2011, 09:58 AM
thanks Bigrig didn't even know about the adjusting screw. Tightened them up a bit and what do ya know, good as knew. Wonder how many people get jibbed for that one. Nissan must love their secrets. Thanks again mate, you just saved me a few bucks.

Bigrig
18th August 2011, 10:22 AM
thanks Bigrig didn't even know about the adjusting screw. Tightened them up a bit and what do ya know, good as knew. Wonder how many people get jibbed for that one. Nissan must love their secrets. Thanks again mate, you just saved me a few bucks.

Glad that sorted it mate!!

Patrol Tico
4th September 2011, 10:30 AM
Good luck there mate!

noel_w
1st February 2012, 03:28 PM
Have you tightened the screw on the under side of the mirror? My come loose and the glass shakes, but tighten that screw up every now and then and good as new.

Hey I've been trying to find a fix for that myself for 4 years, couldn't come at paying $200 ea from the wreckers. My passenger side went first as mentioned above but they both wobble now. I'll do the adjustment thing as well & see if it works.

Vl-nitron
2nd February 2012, 06:57 AM
mine also wobbles i will have a go at adjusting it to

Bigrig
2nd February 2012, 09:21 AM
mine also wobbles i will have a go at adjusting it to

Should do the trick mate - most seem to have the issue and this sorts it - mine is an older rig, so I find they come loose again ...

Vl-nitron
2nd February 2012, 11:30 PM
Tightened up the screws and fixed the problem thanks mate

Bigrig
2nd February 2012, 11:43 PM
Tightened up the screws and fixed the problem thanks mate

Good stuff mate!!

spring_ridge_guy
13th March 2012, 10:10 PM
hey ive just gotten a 91 gq with power mirrors the passenger side is fine but the drivers side the plastic part that holds the little motors is broken and falling out so just wondering what is the best way to go replace with the same or change to manaul ones?

pocoaust
19th March 2012, 06:16 AM
Both my electric mirros were broken on the outside locking tab (in fact I am struggling to find a part that isnt broken ;-() , so I lossened the outer two facia bolts, cut a piece of aluminium strap, bent it 90 degress and drilled a hole in one end. I then screwed a screw in the unused retaining block and cut the head off. I then slipped the bracket I made under the facia, tightned the facia bolts, slid the mirror back in and forced the made bracket over the cut off screw with a large screw driver, locking the cut off screw body into the hole in the bracket. Seems to have worked, but only time will tell.

Good luck

Bigrig
19th March 2012, 08:43 AM
I've tightened mine that many times that the screw is threaded me thinks ... Going to order a new set in time ...

Winnie
19th March 2012, 08:48 AM
hey ive just gotten a 91 gq with power mirrors the passenger side is fine but the drivers side the plastic part that holds the little motors is broken and falling out so just wondering what is the best way to go replace with the same or change to manaul ones?

Exact same problem here. The mirror actually fell out of the housing, only held in by the wires. The tabs that hold the mirror in are broken. It's a real PITA driving on the freeway now without that mirror.

spring_ridge_guy
19th March 2012, 10:54 PM
Well I did find out a price for a new one from the guys at nizzbits but hqave a list of other things more pressing so just got the old silcone gun out and filled the cover up and then sat the mirror base in there roughly where it used to sit so far so good will have to wait and see how well it holds but so far so good lol

Mojo01
16th February 2013, 01:11 AM
Well the mojomobile has come to the same fate as some of the others now, the screw used to come loose so I tightened it and it solved the issue for about 6 months, the little plastic bit the screw goes into it snapped today, now the mirror is being held in by a few strips of race tape... aprt from paying a small fortune for some replacement ones has anyone found a work around ? or aftermarket option ?

Polardropbear
13th May 2013, 09:48 PM
Anyone who has replaced their mirrors interested in selling their old ones? I'd like a couple to experiment on before I go an stuff the ones up on my 93 Ti Patrol.

menace 2
14th May 2013, 12:06 PM
Patrolapart have the side mirrors as well - at least they did about 5 months ago when I replaced my electric one ...

Hi BigRig...can I ask what the electric mirror cost you ..I think I may need one soon myself due to the mirror glass starting to move around when travelling....cheers Menace

Doesnt matter now mate..lol...just read through the whole thread properly and seen your fix for it
sorry mate