PDA

View Full Version : DIY Slide out kitchen and drawers

Bojordan
2nd November 2020, 09:58 PM
G'day Everyone,

At time of posting, this is still a working progress and I am not 100% how it is going to turn out. Intent is to have a slide out kitchen on the left which only requires the small barn door to be opened to have it open right out. I would like it to be quite similar to the first picture, but instead of drawers at the back, just bins for a 'pantry' and pots and pans. My fridge also just squeezes through this opening so positioning is key. The right side drawer will just be a normal drawer, but quite wide and with partitions for more strength for organising. Below are some of the pics I have used for inspiration. Two of which being by Drifta.

I quite like this one from drifta which has the left drawer able to be opened with just the small barn door opened. I intend for the slide out kitchen to be like this.

I used 12mm ply from bunnings and am using 6mm dowels for positioning. I have used the third row seat holes and what I believe are child seat restraints as I didnt want to drill any extra holes.

Currently waiting for some drawer runners to arrive then I can continue with the build.

MB
2nd November 2020, 10:02 PM
Looking Great BJD Mate!
Always keep final GVM in mind whilst building our perfect personal setups [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge
2nd November 2020, 10:25 PM
As above.
Looking forward to finished rig.
But watch the weight.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk