PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Intermittant Wipers on a truck without them

MC97GQ
12th July 2011, 05:47 AM
Hi all, this is a question for a mate of mine,

He wants intermittent wipers on his 95 Model GQ Ute, he has changed the wiper stalk on the steering column, still no intermittent wipers. What he wants to know does he need to change the wiper motor as well, or is there some other device in the circuit that needs to be fitted to make them work.

Thanks

Mark

Yendor
12th July 2011, 07:57 AM
Hi Mark.

He won't need to change the wiper motor, but he will need to fit the intermittent wiper relay.

I am not sure if the wire harness is the same for a vehicle without intermittent wipers so he may have to wire it up as well.

Cheers Rodney

YNOT
12th July 2011, 08:02 AM
Hi Mark.

He won't need to change the wiper motor, but he will need to fit the intermittent wiper relay.

I am not sure if the wire harness is the same for a vehicle without intermittent wipers so he may have to wire it up as well.

Cheers Rodney

You beat me to it.

Tony

MC97GQ
12th July 2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks Guys,

Now one more question, where is that relay located?

Regards

Mark

Yendor
12th July 2011, 07:22 PM
Hi Mark,

The relay's home is in the relay box under the bonnet (between the battery and guard), headlight end.

The connector you are looking for is an 8 pin connector with only 6 wires (there are 2 free pins with no wires).

The wire colours are

Black
Orange
Pink
Light green
Brown with a white trace
Brown

Cheers Rodney

MC97GQ
12th July 2011, 08:17 PM
Thanks Rodney,

I'll let him know, he will have a spare intermittent relay from his old Mav,

Mark

Yendor
12th July 2011, 09:37 PM
Hi Mark

Here is a photo of the wiper relay, (Nissan call is an amplifier).

I stole the picture from another forum that I don't think we are allowed to talk about.... so just keep this between you and me....lol

Anyway I hope it helps.

Cheers Rodney

MC97GQ
14th July 2011, 07:19 PM
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update, he fitted the correct relay(from the Mav) and presto he's now got intermittent wipers.

Thanks for all the responses

Mark

YNOT
14th July 2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback Mark. Was the Mav relay able to plug straight in where the old relay was - no wiring nodifications?

Tony

MC97GQ
15th July 2011, 05:42 AM
Hi Tony,

Plugged straight in, I thought we might have to add a couple of extra wires to run the intermittent wipers, but luckily, even though his truck originally didn't have them, it had the right wiring (5/95 GQ Patrol Cab Chassis).

Mark

Yendor
15th July 2011, 07:50 AM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for giving the update on how easy this mod was to do.

I am sure a few more people will be keen to do this now.

Rodney