PDA

View Full Version : Series 5 HBMC lift kit

Deevo
4th October 2020, 04:40 AM
Hi all.
I've been reading on the forum about guys intending to fit the On Trak 50mm lift kit to their HBMC but can't find any comments on the success (or lack of) of this mod. I was fully intending to buy this kit but found out this week that it has its drawbacks, namely the inability to correctly adjust the wheel alignment and the HBMC pistons moving outside their designed travel parameters.
So, is there anyone out there who has had this kit installed for some time and is able to give me their opinion of it?
Many thanks, Deevo.

Avo
4th October 2020, 10:05 AM
I had heard it was the bump stops.that was letting the hbmc bottom out once the 2 inch lift was, they put their suspension lift kits on hold for a bit and they are hoping to get the ball rolling again very soon
Not sure where you are but I was reading the other day a place in WA .. Esperance has also being doing lifts and do it differently and claim they do not have any problems.with the hbmc,I can try and find that info if you wish
Cheers

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Avo
4th October 2020, 10:10 AM
This set up doesn't use a modified LCA so I have been reading http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/10/30.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Deevo
4th October 2020, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the reply Avo - appreciate it. Yes, lack of droop was the other thing the sale guy mentioned. Thanks again.