PDA

View Full Version : All States Meetup - October - Pre Loveday Meetup

big_fletch
8th July 2011, 11:10 PM
Howdy All,

Scotty (Biggus Riggus) has informed some of us he would like to come down to Vic for abit of a meetup and a wheel around.. He is looking around october at this stage so thought it would be a good chance for a "Pre Loveday Meetup" LOL.. Try and see if we can get a few states and territory's together for possibly a Vic High Country run.
No dates have been confirmed yet, nor has the area we are going so are open to suggestions at this stage..
This is a invite to all members who are interested in tagging along for a Great weekends wheeling and catching up with a few members from other states

Hope to organise another Great forum meetup and hopefully can have a few members together, feel free to suggest dates and Locations

Fletcha

growler2058
8th July 2011, 11:15 PM
Will watch this thread closely my work commitment is the limiting factor but am keen

Sir Roofy
8th July 2011, 11:16 PM
howdy all,

scotty (biggus riggus) has informed some of us he would like to come down to vic for abit of a meetup and a wheel around.. He is looking around october at this stage so thought it would be a good chance for a "pre loveday meetup" lol.. Try and see if we can get a few states and territory's together for possibly a vic high country run.
No dates have been confirmed yet, nor has the area we are going so are open to suggestions at this stage..
This is a invite to all members who are interested in tagging along for a great weekends wheeling and catching up with a few members from other states

hope to organise another great forum meetup and hopefully can have a few members together, feel free to suggest dates and locations

fletcha

we,ll be in mate this is a go,er

come on guys and gals get be hind our forum we need your input

cheers roofy

big_fletch
8th July 2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks Tony for fixing my Thread title, should have checked that lol

katwoman
8th July 2011, 11:21 PM
we,ll be in mate this is a go,er

come on guys and gals get be hind our forum we need your input

cheers roofy

I'll go first ! Between 10-23rd Oct.
Dargo area. Some of us will recon over the next 4-6 weeks

Sir Roofy
8th July 2011, 11:24 PM
i'll go first ! Between 10-23rd oct.
Dargo area. Some of us will recon over the next 4-6 weeks

cant argue with that sounds good

any one else

big_fletch
8th July 2011, 11:25 PM
Im happy with Dargo, always wanted to go there and end of October should be warmer weather as well

AB
9th July 2011, 12:09 AM
Count me in folks....Done deal.

Will need to lock in exact dates in a month or so but I'm keen as hot mustard!!!

big_fletch
9th July 2011, 12:14 AM
Count me in folks....Done deal.

Will need to lock in exact dates in a month or so but I'm keen as hot mustard!!!

Good to hear mate, I thought you would be keen lol

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 12:17 AM
I'll think about it ... lmfao!!!!

Sounds grand!!! A little bit excited now!!!

big_fletch
9th July 2011, 12:20 AM
Have a look at this scotty, a thread with a few pics of some of the tracks in the area
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=79713&start=50

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 12:27 AM
Have a look at this scotty, a thread with a few pics of some of the tracks in the area
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=79713&start=50

Looks like a beautiful spot ... can't see the vids though on crappatalk, so begs the question, I take it there is some good challenges in there also? Don't want to go stupid as need to drive back also. Love the shot of the raging creek ... not something we see much of up here unless it's a full on flood (in which case we're not wheeling anyway).

chester
9th July 2011, 01:40 AM
You should make Talbortville a base camp and day trip from there.

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 01:41 AM
You should make Talbortville a base camp and day trip from there.

I'm in your hands lads - sincerely appreciative of the response and can't wait to sort the details and catch up!!

xtreme patrol
9th July 2011, 01:56 AM
Count me in. I am itching to try my new lift and tyres

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 02:11 AM
Count me in. I am itching to try my new lift and tyres

This is going to be a scream!!!

DX grunt
9th July 2011, 08:33 AM
Sorry Guys,

Can't make it due to work. Even if I could, I'd have to respectfully decline. It's too far and I'm not gunna get much change out of $5k for my trip next year.

I've still got a couple of reasonably expensive mods to do to my truck to make it 'self sufficient' before the trip.

Thanks for the offer.

Rossco

Bob
9th July 2011, 09:06 AM
Just make sure that the Tracks are open in that area. A lot of the High Country is closed until the Melbourne Cup Weekend.
I think Roofy would be the man to check that out as it is his area.

Definately interested

chester
9th July 2011, 10:07 AM
Billy goats will be shut,as will zeka and all the tracks into wonangatta.Was at Talbortville at the start of the year and can't remember if there was a gate on Mcmillans spur or not.Maybe if it's all shut aberfeldy may be an option thats if O"tooles flat is open.90% of the tracks up there are open,like flats trk,army trk,fultons spur trk.Deep crk 4 i think,can never remember which is the bad one,one speck, morning star,white star.There a couple of old cemerty's that i know off,the walk into the water wheel,the tombon mine and so on.Just another option for you all.

Bob
9th July 2011, 10:11 AM
Billy goats will be shut,as will zeka and all the tracks into wonangatta.Was at Talbortville at the start of the year and can't remember if there was a gate on Mcmillans spur or not.Maybe if it's all shut aberfeldy may be an option thats if O"tooles flat is open.90% of the tracks up there are open,like flats trk,army trk,fultons spur trk.Deep crk 4 i think,can never remember which is the bad one,one speck, morning star,white star.There a couple of old cemerty's that i know off,the walk into the water wheel,the tombon mine and so on.Just another option for you all.

Thanks for that Mate. DSE in your area should be able to tell us which Roads/Tracks are closed

Bob
9th July 2011, 10:26 AM
Just a suggestion maybe we could defer until the Melbourne Cup Weekend as the Tracks would be open.
Would still need to check with DSE.
One negative to this is that there would be lots of People out that weekend

Check out this for Road Closures in that Area

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/mresources/src_2011/map8B.pdf
http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/mresources/src_2011/map8A.pdf

Sir Roofy
9th July 2011, 10:53 AM
as most tacks dont open till october 27/10/11 talbotville could be an option or swing back to coopers as a base camp

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 10:58 AM
Just a suggestion maybe we could defer until the Melbourne Cup Weekend as the Tracks would be open.
Would still need to check with DSE.
One negative to this is that there would be lots of People out that weekend

Check out this for Road Closures in that Area

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/mresources/src_2011/map8B.pdf
http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/mresources/src_2011/map8A.pdf

Suits me ...

big_fletch
9th July 2011, 02:16 PM
Im happy to move it to Melb Cup Weekend, dates dont worry me to much as i can pretty much get any weekend off.. I will go with the majority

MudRunnerTD
9th July 2011, 03:55 PM
flat track is a ripper

big_fletch
9th July 2011, 09:34 PM
flat track is a ripper

Yer i have seen a few pics and vids of that track, as well as some of the others.. Good like an absolute ripper spot for a wheel and a cold one

Archie
9th July 2011, 10:07 PM
I would love to turn up but I need lots of notice so I can book holidays. 22-23 Oct best suits me

AB
9th July 2011, 11:04 PM
Sorry folks but I won't be able to attend at Melbourne cup weekend. Every cup we organize a huge day with work, friends and family for the race day unfortunately.

katwoman
9th July 2011, 11:12 PM
I would love to turn up but I need lots of notice so I can book holidays. 22-23 Oct best suits me

Im up for that w/end too..
Melb cup is out for me..

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 11:21 PM
Do we want to keep it for that weekend of the 22nd of October? Does that suit more than not?? Doesn't worry me, but if I'm making the trip, I obviously want to meet as many as possible ....

big_fletch
9th July 2011, 11:29 PM
Im happy with 22nd-23rd.. Suits me fine

chester
10th July 2011, 12:44 AM
Yer i have seen a few pics and vids of that track, as well as some of the others.. Good like an absolute ripper spot for a wheel and a cold oneIt is a good one,was up there on the Queens b'day weekend it's low range first gear from the word go.As soon as you turn on to it goes up and up few tight switch backs levels out for a breather,then up and up and up.Loved it

AB
10th July 2011, 01:11 AM
I am available any time apart from Melbourne Cup unfortunately....I'm not a religous person but Melbourne Cup is my religion to meet up with about 30 other people every year and party like It's 1999!!!

Clunk
10th July 2011, 02:09 AM
Sorry no can do, gotta try and save save save if I'm gonna get me truck ready and make it for the 2012 meet!!!!

Bob
10th July 2011, 10:28 AM
if we can find tracks open I am for any of the Weekends above.

Melbourne Cup Weekend looks out as too many of you have prior arrangements.

Chester seems to know the Area fairly well and I am sure that with liason with others in that Area a suitable place can be found

Sir Roofy
10th July 2011, 04:24 PM
I'm happy with 22/23 Oct too.

thats ok with us as well

chester
10th July 2011, 09:47 PM
if we can find tracks open I am for any of the Weekends above.

Melbourne Cup Weekend looks out as too many of you have prior arrangements.

Chester seems to know the Area fairly well and I am sure that with liason with others in that Area a suitable place can be foundHa ha Bob still the map sometimes.Ill go with whatever everyone come's up with.It's only a couple of hours from home so a recon trip is no trouble.i'll be up there the end of next month on a boys trip,so can check things out while im up there.Dargo's only about 3.5 hours from home so either way im easy.

belzi82
15th July 2011, 11:20 PM
HI guys I am new, Stock standard GUIII (currently) and would love to come. Haven't been to Dargo yet!