PDA

View Full Version : Stuck

nickpeacock36
8th July 2011, 08:51 PM
A quick pick of last weekend's trip to Glasshouse in which i am pretty much stuck. Later that same day i came very close to tipping it on its side in a big rutt. A very scarey moment in which i learned that if it doesn't look right it probably isnt.
Great dat out all the same though.

timbar
8th July 2011, 08:55 PM
A quick pick of last weekend's trip to Glasshouse in which i am pretty much stuck. Later that same day i came very close to tipping it on its side in a big rutt. A very scarey moment in which i learned that if it doesn't look right it probably isnt.
Great dat out all the same though.

thats always been my theory hahahaha

Woof
8th July 2011, 09:01 PM
Hey Nick, looked at the photo and thought that is does not look that bad, but once you see it enlarged you can see why you got stuck mate, great photo by the way.

Sir Roofy
8th July 2011, 09:10 PM
That my man is a lesson well learnt,donsnt look right dont go there
if its to steep up/down it is
have a good day

big_fletch
8th July 2011, 09:14 PM
Nice pics mate, thanks for sharing.. Looks like you had abit of fun Haha

Bigrig
8th July 2011, 09:30 PM
All I can say is "good lad"!!!! You're having a go and should be proud of your efforts. If you aren't getting stuck (calculated though) then how are you supposed to learn?? It's the unfortunate truth of what we do.

Can't wait to get out for a wheel again mate!!!

nickpeacock36
9th July 2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks all
Learning learning Learning.

nickpeacock36
9th July 2011, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE=The Dogman;107413]Hey Nick, looked at the photo and thought that is does not look that bad, but once you see it enlarged you can see why you got stuck mate, great photo by the way.[/QUOTE
It is my new wallpaper. Mates camera takes great pics

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks all
Learning learning Learning.

That's the way boss!!!

craigr
5th August 2011, 11:29 PM
I go 4wding and really don't want to get stuck like that, but then you wonder if you don't get stuck like that is it really that challenging? Fine line!

YNOT
6th August 2011, 06:45 AM
I go 4wding and really don't want to get stuck like that, but then you wonder if you don't get stuck like that is it really that challenging? Fine line!

Getting stuck like that is only a problem if you are out by yourself and don't have the right recovery equipment. The benefit of going 4WDing in a group is you can have a go at the more adventurous stuff and challenge yourself to stretch your capabillites knowing that if you do get stuck you have people with you who are more than willing to help you get out again.

Tony

craigr
23rd August 2011, 11:36 PM
I agree, I'm setup with a winch and recovery gear so going solo I should be able to get myself out of the poop most of the time.
Still feel like getting stuck you've lost. Not that it is a competition but you know ya mates are going to give you a good ribbing about it :) It's all good though as it goes both ways.

Arman
4th September 2011, 05:42 AM
I think in this situation everyone misses the PTO winch,but how did you make out???

webmast3r
22nd September 2011, 10:43 PM
nice I bet that fresh coat of brown paint impressed the missus :)

Ian2011
8th January 2012, 03:39 PM
Thats a pretty good effort

taslucas
8th January 2012, 05:46 PM
Hey Nick, looked at the photo and thought that is does not look that bad, but once you see it enlarged you can see why you got stuck mate, great photo by the way.

Yeah once enlarged you can see that your in need of some mud tyres:) lol just kidding. Thanks for the pics

y60fromDK
10th February 2012, 11:56 PM
if you have one doubt, just give full speed

Haydog Havoc
12th February 2012, 03:08 PM
Glass House mountains is always nice. I hope to be getting back down that way later this year.

Rob Johnston
12th May 2012, 04:12 PM
One thing I have learnt is dont go by yourself. A fellow Patrol to get you out of a sticky situation can never hurt.

Sprattman
20th July 2012, 11:11 PM
Hey getting stuck just gives you a story to tell over a couple of brewskies and a great photo op. good work mate.

04OFF
20th July 2012, 11:48 PM
Nice one Nick :bigthumbup:

Getting stuck like that is only a problem if you are out by yourself and don't have the right recovery equipment. The benefit of going 4WDing in a group is you can have a go at the more adventurous stuff and challenge yourself to stretch your capabillites knowing that if you do get stuck you have people with you who are more than willing to help you get out again.

Tony

Exactly right, by myself ill turn away from harder stuff if i can, but in a group, ive learn't so much by attacking things i probly shouldn't, having back up to assist in advice or a tow, gives much more freedom to push the boundaries just a little.