PDA

View Full Version : Grill Fix and Relay Panel Mod

MC97GQ
7th July 2011, 05:48 PM
Hi All,

Thought I would share a little project I undertook today,

First was a quick fix for my grill, the bloke before me had it held on with cable ties so I went and got some Champion brand 6G Body Grommets(Part No: PP15) then I cut some new washers(Ironstone Colorbond Flashing) to cover where the tabs on the grill had broken out, some nice 6G Staino screws, and it's like a new grill and a lot cheaper.

Before

After

This part has a special thanks to "ripper" who inspired me to do this,

I was sick of the fact that when I wanted to remove the relay cover, all the relays and associated wiring would come with it.

So I decided to mount the relays on a separate bracket and fabricate a new cover from stainless sheet, which allowed a bit more room for the extra wiring.

I've attached a photo of the finished cover but I will post some extra pics when I pull the cover off to redo some driving light wiring

I little bit more stainless bling to complement the PatrolDocta ZD30 AirBox I.ve got on order.

Regards

Mark

frenzy
7th July 2011, 06:55 PM
Nice work. Keen to see whats under that cover.

big_fletch
7th July 2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the pics mate, looks good

MC97GQ
10th July 2011, 03:52 PM
Started my headlight/ driving light mod today so I thought I would post a few more photos from under the relay cover.

Here's a photo of the new bracket to hold the relays,so as to mount the original Nissan ones that slide on to the metal tabs, I cut some colorbond flashing I had and riveted it to the aluminium bracket(25mm x 25mm angle) For the other relays I riveted another piece of angle onto the main bracket and used some 5mm S/S Hex head bolts to attach them.

A couple of photos of how I attached the aluminium angle to to the body, I had to allow for the big hole in the cab side of the relay housing(for the wiring loom), so I used some 50mm x 50mm ally angle to make a specially shaped bracket.

I've added 3 new relays 1 for Driving Lights and 1 each for High and Low beam,

This is a photo of some holes I drilled and grommets inserted to take my new wiring looms for the headlights
I will add some more photos and detail as I continue doing the Headlight mod.

As I've said a special thanks goes out to "ripper" for the inspiration, a quick thanks to big_fletch for answering some technical questions.

Mark

frenzy
10th July 2011, 06:00 PM
Nice work. Looks good mate! Thanks for sharing.