PDA

View Full Version : Intro from a little grumpy!

NickHiggins
2nd August 2010, 11:05 AM
Hi All.
Just borrowed a 1990 GQ Patrol. I'm in Alice Springs. About to run around: Ooops. No starter motor, just a deathly solenoid click. The batterę's ok. Whacked the starter, no good. There's a light on the panel across from the glow light. It looks as if it's a low level indicator of something. Of course, there's no manual, so I am hoping that the service manual I will download after two posts will do the trick.
Ho Hum...

NickHiggins
2nd August 2010, 11:06 AM
Hi to me, I hope this counts as a post!

AB
2nd August 2010, 11:11 AM
No probs Nick, welcome.

If you don't find it in the manual just ask us and hopefully someone can help you out.

Cheers.

patch697
2nd August 2010, 11:28 AM
G/day Nick & welcome to the forum I hope you decide to stick around you might find you like us here...But I must warn you where a funny (haha) bunch so no drinking in front of your computer as it may course damage....lol

Maxhead
2nd August 2010, 11:37 AM
G'Day Nick, feel free to ask anything mate.

DX grunt
2nd August 2010, 02:02 PM
G'day Nick.

Welcome to the forum

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Woof
2nd August 2010, 06:12 PM
Welcome Nick, enjoy

YNOT
2nd August 2010, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the forum Nick.

Are you sure the battery is OK? It may have enough in it to bring on the dash lights and glow plugs, and click in the starter solenoid, but not enough to crank the starter?
Another possibillity is a bad connection at the battery terminal, I've seen this a few times. Take the battery terminal off the battery post, and clean the terminal and post. When you reconnect the terminal, push down and twist it a quarter of a turn or so to make sure it makes good contact.

Tony

AB
2nd August 2010, 06:53 PM
Nick emailed me afterwards Tony.

he was in a rush, borrowed this Patrol and had to leave Alice straight away.

He ended up getting RAC out as he had to leave within the hour.

He doesnt own a Patrol but hopefully he comes back here and lets us know what the problem was.

Finly Owner
23rd August 2010, 10:23 PM
Hi and welcome Nick