PDA

View Full Version : Landcruiser Mountain Park - 2nd to 4th July 2011

Bigrig
4th July 2011, 10:18 PM
Well ... what a weekend!!!! Absolutely awesome yet again, and being as it was basically only 2 cars (took the jeep out once and it performed well too!!, but pretty much Dave and myself), we hit everything that was listed as red/extreme that we could fit into a couple of days .... and our legs and our cars felt every last inch of it!!!! lol ... we even had a recovery attempt (which failed), but eventually drove (reversed) the car out of it .. too long to put up (36 minutes), but I genuinely considered the very real prospect for a few moments of a life without Tank ... watching it roll contiuously down a ridiculously steep hill was a very real thought for us for a minute or two ... but alas, he lives to ride another day!!

Just uploading a video now, but literally have heaps - the new in car camera is a dead set spin out ... great quality and really puts you in the drivers seat - not so much for how steep something is (although better than a normal video outside the car), but most certainly shows you the angles you put it on!!! I'll have more videos up each night as essentially all we did was extreme tracks (except Cruiser Canyon and Test track Benny!! Test Track is officially "closed" apparently and they won't recover anyone from it at the moment??) ...

Shouldn't be too long for the first one ...

Bigrig
4th July 2011, 10:48 PM
Here tis .. for those of you who know LCMP, this is the top of Camp Road - very rutted wombat holes that are easily 4 foot deep in sections ... top navvy work from Dave, and one of those "always wanted to do it" tracks ... only short, but not for the feint hearted!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsKm7mLif-A

patch697
4th July 2011, 11:08 PM
Thats the sh!t Bigus...... You QLD boys have got balls that clang.......WHO REAR

Bigrig
4th July 2011, 11:15 PM
Is niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!

Great camera too Scotty. What is it?

Haha ... God knows mate ... some Chinese thing, that was made in India and got exported to Taiwan who then wholesale to the Americans who I bought it off!!!!! ROFLMFAO .... a picture of the box, and all the details are on the Gadgets thread ... bought it from Deals Direct in the US for $124 delivered to my door ...

Bigrig
4th July 2011, 11:19 PM
Thats the sh!t Bigus...... You QLD boys have got balls that clang.......WHO REAR

We like to play!!!! Dhuck's truck is just a dead set weapon no doubt, and it's pretty hairy for me trying to follow it through everything (I try just about everything as Dhuck can attest to), but have to admit, when we walked this one I started talking myself out of it and was being defeated before I even started the car ... dhuck slapped me and told me what I tell everyone else ... "stop it" ... simple as that and I was at the wheel !!!!! lmao ...

Bigrig
4th July 2011, 11:45 PM
Just ripping another one now ... dhuck and I going up the hardest of three hills leading into Club Rally Circuit ... it's a beauty ... we took a bunch of guys through some of the easier sections of Club Rally last time we had the forum meetup, but the first hill in the video is the one dhuck and I had to come down one night with him having a tyre off the bead, and he ended up snapping two tie rod ends ... so this was sweet revenge for us!!!!! lol ... some of the other members may recall this hill - the first section on the video is to the right of the one we all went up at the very bottom of the gully ... the one at the top is the track on the very left (we all went through the right last time - we did it again the following day, and did the middle track also ... I'll get that up at some stage ... ) ... so again, not to be sniffed at ... certainly not for my "family truck"!!!! LOL

Will be up later ... taking longer than normal ... ??

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 01:28 AM
And another ... as per below (or above depending on how you sort your posts!), top bit of fun ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1HLIdTbt4

patch697
5th July 2011, 01:58 AM
Bigus....... Another top clip mate & that new camera is doing the job real well (must Get me one of them).

Thanks heaps to both you a Dhuck for a great watch.

Dhuck
5th July 2011, 08:31 AM
I will get the video out today. I was just toooooooooo stuffed to even think about it last night

Maxhead
5th July 2011, 08:41 AM
Top vids guys, the camera works well too Scotty...

nowoolies
5th July 2011, 08:48 AM
top vids you guys
that park looks fanfiggintastic hay

patch697
5th July 2011, 11:05 AM
I will get the video out today. I was just toooooooooo stuffed to even think about it last night

You take your time Dhuck, you normally do.................LMFAO

Dhuck
5th July 2011, 11:53 AM
You take your time Dhuck, you normally do.................LMFAO

Yeah thanks mate. On holidays, no need to rush. Besides had to do a little minor maintenance on the pigtrol this morn. But the vid has been sent to Scotty for his professional editing

patch697
5th July 2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah thanks mate. On holidays, no need to rush. Besides had to do a little minor maintenance on the pigtrol this morn. But the vid has been sent to Scotty for his professional editing

Yeah I seen ya out there standing or should I say leaning against (cos it looked way too steep to stand on) those tracks you boys were playing on, helping Bigus pick he's lines mate. So im not at all surprised your a little on the slower side at the mo.

I hope to see in your Vids him doing the same....lol

Top effort you blokes put in to show us all what you get up to & im sure I speak for all when I say its very much appreciated.

Dhuck
5th July 2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah I seen ya out there standing or should I say leaning against (cos it looked way too steep to stand on) those tracks you boys were playing on, helping Bigus pick he's lines mate. So im not at all surprised your a little on the slower side at the mo.

I hope to see in your Vids him doing the same....lol

Top effort you blokes put in to show us all what you get up to & im sure I speak for all when I say its very much appreciated.

Yes mate Scotty was out there bein navi. You don't do those tracks without navi's otherwise you would have copped some damage. Some of the holes in the rutts were deep enough to use a double plot grave

patch697
5th July 2011, 12:08 PM
Yes mate Scotty was out there bein navi. You don't do those tracks without navi's otherwise you would have copped some damage. Some of the holes in the rutts were deep enough to use a double plot grave

Oh I new he would have been Dhuck, of that I had no doubt mate. I just want to see him doing it was all........PML

Dhuck
5th July 2011, 12:10 PM
Oh I new he would have been Dhuck, of that I had no doubt mate. I just want to see him doing it was all........PML

You will mate. Panting and puffing. We both need to give up the cigs me thinks

patch697
5th July 2011, 12:13 PM

hahahaha..........Yeah I'll be heading in the same direction soon enough myself mate....I thiink for me its long overdue.

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 12:19 PM

Yeah .. it's the smokes that killed me ... not the 108kgs of marshmallow cuddliness, lack of exercise, beers and poor diet!!!! LMFAO!!!

Another short video uploading now - will sort some others this arvo ...

Tanks crook by the way!! He needs some love and attention me thinks!! lol

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 12:30 PM
Another short one ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eWLqxl3fBQ

NissanGQ4.2
5th July 2011, 04:00 PM
Just watchin all the vids Scotty and my missus just walked past me and said.........can i sit in front of the computer and wish I was somewhere else 2 *LMAO*

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 04:10 PM
Just watchin all the vids Scotty and my missus just walked past me and said.........can i sit in front of the computer and wish I was somewhere else 2 *LMAO*

Haha ... another one coming (longer one) in a few minutes ... so hopefully your missus is finished doing what she needs to do for a while, and you can go back to watching and wishing you were elsewhere!!! LOL

04OFF
5th July 2011, 04:18 PM
That camera seems to work good mate, does a pretty good job at auto adjusting for different light conditions as well, how dark was the night run, looked like dusk sort of light ?

Have you tryed a cock pit angle yet , so we can see your arms going as well as whats outside ?

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 04:24 PM
That camera seems to work good mate, does a pretty good job at auto adjusting for different light conditions as well, how dark was the night run, looked like dusk sort of light ?

Have you tryed a cock pit angle yet , so we can see your arms going as well as whats outside ?

Haven't tried the drivers seat angle as yet ... first run, so was getting used to where is best (tilted it more downwards throughout the weekend to get more track and less sky). The first run was just on dusk, but the one at the top of Club Rally was pitch black ... so works/adjusts pretty well ...

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 04:24 PM
Another one ... this is a longer one from the dhucks video outside the cars ... some nice flex etc in this one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI25dYcNOaE

growler2058
5th July 2011, 05:11 PM
Another one ... this is a longer one from the dhucks video outside the cars ... some nice flex etc in this one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI25dYcNOaE

Effen ripper fellas well done!!!
Coupla technical ? for ya
1) How does dhuck get those strides so tight but still bounce around like a spring hahahahaha haven't seen strides that tight since the late 80's I rekon
2) When you were navi biggus there was a he'll of a lot of arm flappin were you tryin to fly like a dhuck???
Hahahahahaaha
All bullsh1t aside great bid well done

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 05:18 PM
Effen ripper fellas well done!!!
Coupla technical ? for ya
1) How does dhuck get those strides so tight but still bounce around like a spring hahahahaha haven't seen strides that tight since the late 80's I rekon
2) When you were navi biggus there was a he'll of a lot of arm flappin were you tryin to fly like a dhuck???
Hahahahahaaha
All bullsh1t aside great bid well done

I was trying to take off and get the hell out of there!!!! lmao!!!

Dhuck
5th July 2011, 05:54 PM
Good old black stretch denim jeans mate. Can treat em like crap and you don't really have an issue walking through the bush

growler2058
5th July 2011, 06:04 PM
Good old black stretch denim jeans mate. Can treat em like crap and you don't really have an issue walking through the bush

I always went the stretch marble wash hahah

patch697
5th July 2011, 06:21 PM
Guys the footage is just outstanding, & the contrast between the footage from inside Tank & then watching what Tanks doing on the outside, on the same track is simply brilliant to say the least.

Dave you & that "MIGHTY" Rig of yours look bloody unstoppable in that footage mate. Your a absolutely bloody brilliant wheel man & a credit to what you do in a 4x4.

Please just keep it coming like that with all your trips cos its nothing short of mind blowing to watch. Im glued to the screen from start to finish.

Cheers Bigus, Dhuck & whom ever else was involved, words just don't seem enough except to say im simply riveted.

Cheers
Paul

Dhuck
5th July 2011, 06:27 PM
It was just mine and Scotty's family this trip. The Outside footage is done by myself, Scotty's boy and usually my missus who was slack this trip.

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 06:29 PM
Guys the footage is just outstanding, & the contrast between the footage from inside Tank & then watching what Tanks doing on the outside on the same track is simply brilliant to say the least.

Dave you & that "MIGHTY" Rig of yours look bloody unstoppable in that footage mate. Your a absolutely bloody brilliant wheel man & a credit to what you do in a 4x4.

Please just keep it coming like that with all your trips cos its nothing short of mind blowing to watch. Im glued to the screen from start to finish.

Cheers Bigus, Dhuck & whom ever else was involved, words just don't seem enough except to say im simply riveted.

Cheers
Paul

Glad to hear it an thanks old mate!! There's still a few more to come tonight/tomorrow, including some the infamous moment when we thought Tank might go shooshy ni ni's forever and lay on his side (a few times over and over ... down a bloody steep hill ... not sure how to do that one, as you need to hear what's going on, but the language is somewhat 'colourful' to say the least!!! lol

patch697
5th July 2011, 06:34 PM
Glad to hear it an thanks old mate!! There's still a few more to come tonight/tomorrow, including some the infamous moment when we thought Tank might go shooshy ni ni's forever and lay on his side (a few times over and over ... down a bloody steep hill ... not sure how to do that one, as you need to hear what's going on, but the language is somewhat 'colourful' to say the least!!! lol

I think you should be ok with it as long as you post a warning for the language first...... I'd be ok with that myself but just run it past Boss first old mate.

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 06:40 PM
I think you should be ok with it as long as you post a warning for the language first...... I'd be ok with that myself but just run it past Boss first old mate.

Roger Wilco ... will do and thanks!

Ben-e-boy
5th July 2011, 06:48 PM
Well ... what a weekend!!!! Absolutely awesome yet again, and being as it was basically only 2 cars (took the jeep out once and it performed well too!!, but pretty much Dave and myself), we hit everything that was listed as red/extreme that we could fit into a couple of days .... and our legs and our cars felt every last inch of it!!!! lol ... we even had a recovery attempt (which failed), but eventually drove (reversed) the car out of it .. too long to put up (36 minutes), but I genuinely considered the very real prospect for a few moments of a life without Tank ... watching it roll contiuously down a ridiculously steep hill was a very real thought for us for a minute or two ... but alas, he lives to ride another day!!

Just uploading a video now, but literally have heaps - the new in car camera is a dead set spin out ... great quality and really puts you in the drivers seat - not so much for how steep something is (although better than a normal video outside the car), but most certainly shows you the angles you put it on!!! I'll have more videos up each night as essentially all we did was extreme tracks (except Cruiser Canyon and Test track Benny!! Test Track is officially "closed" apparently and they won't recover anyone from it at the moment??) ...

Shouldn't be too long for the first one ...

top stuff!!!!!!! I like the car camera and tank is looking tough!!

I'm not that surprised that the test track is closed. you cant get through there without a winch.
cruiser canyon though... bummer. that was good fun

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 06:51 PM
top stuff!!!!!!! I like the car camera and tank is looking tough!!

I'm not that surprised that the test track is closed. you cant get through there without a winch.
cruiser canyon though... bummer. that was good fun

Thanks mate - Cruiser Canyon isn't closed, but again, don't think they are offering recovery, an told us to allow 4.5 hours to go through it (and expect panel damage!! lol) ... we just didn't have the time ...

Ben-e-boy
5th July 2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks mate - Cruiser Canyon isn't closed, but again, don't think they are offering recovery, an told us to allow 4.5 hours to go through it (and expect panel damage!! lol) ... we just didn't have the time ...

maybe next time then.

I prefer the term "cosmetic damage" lmao

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 07:26 PM
maybe next time then.

I prefer the term "cosmetic damage" lmao

Very good! lol ... I'll have sliders by then, so will be a bit more willing also!!!

Russell1974
5th July 2011, 08:23 PM
awesome footage would luv to fit a run in with u guys when i get to queensland i a week

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 08:31 PM
awesome footage would luv to fit a run in with u guys when i get to queensland i a week

When do you get here? Where are you staying? and How long you here for??

We should definitely sort something ...

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 08:33 PM
Another short one - Club Rally Circuit (centre track - did the others also) in the day light ... if any video demonstrated I really need those sliders, this is it!!!! LOL ... sorry for the delays on the hill, but thought I'd leave in the parts where Dave was checking out my diff, sills, petrol tank, lower control arms, chassis, drive shaft, etc, etc to see what was getting hammered!!!! Again, as I come up to the step up, I was dragging the front diff, but with my Harris Hardcase, decided to go for it!!!! It loves it!!!! lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTZdCJUMftM

AB
5th July 2011, 09:00 PM
I only just realised these vids were here...lol

Mad videos fellas, enjoyed every single one of them and some great tracks to boot!!!

I hate watching these great videos when your stuck at home during the week...I just want to jump in the car now...lol

Top effort!!!

You should chuck up some vids Scotty without music on the next one so we can hear your car, rocks smashing your diff...lol, dhuck talking and you saying OH SH!$&*...LMAO

Dhuck
5th July 2011, 09:05 PM
I only just realised these vids were here...lol

Mad videos fellas, enjoyed every single one of them and some great tracks to boot!!!

I hate watching these great videos when your stuck at home during the week...I just want to jump in the car now...lol

Top effort!!!

You should chuck up some vids Scotty without music on the next one so we can hear your car, rocks smashing your diff...lol, dhuck talking and you saying OH SH!$&*...LMAO

Would be good. However there are a few to many profanities for a family friendly forum

NissanGQ4.2
5th July 2011, 09:11 PM
Would be good. However there are a few to many profanities for a family friendly forum

I don't see a problem if its a link and there is a warning saying there is lots of profanities, Cmon guys, I wanna hear swearing and things breaking

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 09:41 PM
I'll make sure I put up a BIG BOLD WARNING just to be sure ...

Thanks lads

Woof
5th July 2011, 09:42 PM
I don't see a problem if its a link and there is a warning saying there is lots of profanities, Cmon guys, I wanna hear swearing and things breaking

Yeah me too Todd, lose the music and give us the uncut version......................................pleas e

Woof
5th July 2011, 09:43 PM
Bloody great vids there you 2, felt like I was there...............I just wish I was.

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah me too Todd, lose the music and give us the uncut version......................................pleas e

Just remember ... you asked for it!!! lmao!!!

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 09:44 PM
Bloody great vids there you 2, felt like I was there...............I just wish I was.

Yep ... just too big this great nation of ours ...

Bigrig
6th July 2011, 12:31 PM
LANGUAGE WARNING - THIS VIDEO IS NOT FOR YOUNG and/or SENSITIVE EARS ... it's not peppered with language, but enough to warrant warning.

A few notes about the video below to put things in perspective as you're watching. The times listed are your play time on YouTube, not the clock time in the top banner. There is no music, so hopefully not too boring to watch ...

1. The supposedly extreme track to this point had proven a doddle
2. The final hill was blocked by a fallen tree and it "appeared" there was a chicken track around the right hand side - straight forward and straight up the hill - no washouts etc
3. The final hill ended up being extremely loose, loamy soil with no solid base - it was at least 55 degrees, which if you know your hills, is bloody steep in any mans language
4. We walked ALL tracks and assessed each as we went - cut this from the video as it would be boring to watch - every step was calculated proving even with proper review, sh!t still can happen
5. We remained calm right the way through the process - frustrated, and extremely out of breath from walking it, but calm and calculated
6. At 2:14 when we hit the third hill, dhuck goes up in 4L 2nd gear with both lockers on and spins pretty much all the way - his truck is a weapon and makes it, but have a look at the rocks still coming down the hill at 2:46 from the very top!!!
7. Once I'm on the hill, at 3:29 I am biting into the loamy soil and the car is shifting right towards that dead tree stump, I make the slighest of down left corrections at the same time as a slight loss of power and it's all over from there. The slightest moment of hesitation on an otherwise straight forward climb and it all goes to poo!!
8. Brakes are copping a hammering as I want the truck to walk down the hill and hence using reverse in 4L - reduction gears keep it nice and slow, but also with heaps of torque, so trying to pull it up on that degree of slope in reverse with reduction gears is like trying to stop a Mack truck - no sh!t ...
9. 4:08 car is sliding with camber of hill and rear wheels leave the track and point down the steepest section into the bush/valley below. I got the young fella out of the car at this point - if the car was going, I could replace it - I can't replace him.
10. 4:58 attach the bridle with dual shackles to the front of mine and AGAINST ALL SAFETY PROCEDURES, decide to attach two snatch straps together (with a looped join, not a shackle so nothing would fly in either direction at either car) as that's the only thing we had long enough to reach the distance, and we never intended to give a massive snatch as the thinking was it would only need a pull to get it moving - clearly wrong. So understood this is not correct procedure, but considering the situation, we did what we had to with every level of saftey/consideration, as reversing down (although not too bad to watch, was actually the absolute last resort - did I mention this hill was BLOODY STEEP, and we are dead set talking 20 inches turning either way on the front end with wrong steering and Tank would be no more).
11. 6:43 not too much go on the first two attempts - as said, didn't think it would need it and didn't want to bog Dhuck's truck down as he was still on about a 30 degree slope - tried a third with a bit more go, and didn't happen, so saftey (with respect to shackles flying everywhere) came first and we move onto Plan B ... there was no Plan C by the way!!! lmao
12. 8:46 that kid in the hoody is not a young punk trying to steal the snatch rope!!! It's my eldest lad!!! LMFAO ... just in case you were worried that the place was full of thieves!!!!
13. 10:00 and on come the serious faces - we spent about 10 minutes moving logs and crap, digging out under the tyres etc and were at the moment of truth.
14. 13:19 and Dhuck decides he's had enough of my bad attitude from inside the car and attempts to roll Tank by telling me to turn on a side slope!!! LOL
15. Those trees getting pushed over are at least an inch thick at the base so the rear bar came in handy!!!
16. 14:13 Even when we both decide it's safe to attempt a side slope turn, you can see the angle I'm on with the trees in front - marry that up to the shot where I've come down the hill (and you can see my tyre tracks) and you get a picture of how steep this thing was.

Took 38 minutes in total from the start of that video to the same spot where it finishes up - obviously cut out middle sections to get it up on YouTube (15 minute max). That was a loooooonnnng 38 minutes!!!

Dhuck was outstanding as always - we discussed each move and assessed, and apart from a couple of down right/down left calls that any of us would get wrong under the circumstances, he worked with me to get through it. This is the second time in a few months that we've been under the pump in some fashion (his truck the first time, mine the second), and it's good to know you have someone solid beside you that will stick with you to make sure everyone gets home safe and sound ...

As said, no music, so I hope you don't find it a bit boring to watch ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKPBEgLBRuM

AB
6th July 2011, 01:07 PM
Bit of bush bashing there Scotty...lol

Mate, I reckon that was ten times better to watch!!!

Bigrig
6th July 2011, 02:07 PM
Bit of bush bashing there Scotty...lol

Mate, I reckon that was ten times better to watch!!!

Thanks mate ... was hoping it'd be ok!!

growler2058
6th July 2011, 02:18 PM
Faaarrrrkkk left right out hahahahaha coulda cut the tension in the air with a blunt butter knife ay!!!! Wot about 15/10 on the sphinctometer!!!

Dhuck
6th July 2011, 03:53 PM
Mate to bloody exhausted for any thing to close up. You can see me panting in the vid and when Scotty jumped back in the truck you can hear him puffing as well.

growler2058
6th July 2011, 04:07 PM
Mate to bloody exhausted for any thing to close up. You can see me panting in the vid and when Scotty jumped back in the truck you can hear him puffing as well.

Time to join the club an give up the fags ay!??

Bigrig
6th July 2011, 05:25 PM

And lose another 20 kilos, and exercise, and eat right, and, and, and ... lmao

That hill, and that hill alone I reckon is the reason I shed over a kilo last week!!!! LOL

Dhuck
6th July 2011, 05:45 PM

After that mighty effort I think so.

And lose another 20 kilos, and exercise, and eat right, and, and, and ... lmao

That hill, and that hill alone I reckon is the reason I shed over a kilo last week!!!! LOL

That I could believe. Considering your diet went out the window on the weekend

Bigrig
6th July 2011, 05:53 PM
Guess what I completely forgot about Dave?? The creek run through the rocks!!! Was on the other camera!!! Just dumping it down now and will rip and post up later. That was a top little drive!! That one needs music though ... it's a music kinda clip!!! lmao

Dhuck
6th July 2011, 06:00 PM
Guess what I completely forgot about Dave?? The creek run through the rocks!!! Was on the other camera!!! Just dumping it down now and will rip and post up later. That was a top little drive!! That one needs music though ... it's a music kinda clip!!! lmao

yes I believe so.lol

Ben-e-boy
6th July 2011, 06:24 PM

I just found this one..... love it!!

Bigrig
6th July 2011, 06:29 PM
Nah ... just watched the raw videos from the creek run, and reckon I'll leave the sound again - I'll put up a language warning, but it's pretty funny in a couple of sections and Mal Harris (Harris Hardcase Diff protector) will love me for it!!! lmfao ... creating it now and will start uploading to YouTube shortly ...

Bigrig
6th July 2011, 09:21 PM
LANGUAGE WARNING - some expletives in this one also

A rocky Creek run ... great fun this one!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4QUf5agvQM

Sir Roofy
6th July 2011, 10:09 PM
Hi scotty excellent vids of your trip tank looks the part now
lots of clearance in the front bars front and back look impressive

why not a chrome snorkle pipe to top it off

dhucks rig is well set up to like the scrub bars all the way to the back
would luv to see whats under his bonnet some time

cheers roofy

Bigrig
6th July 2011, 10:26 PM

cheers roofy

Thanks mate - spent too much time getting rid of the chrome to put a chrome snorkel back on it boss ... but see your point as they do look awesome!

Dhucks engine is the same as mine - TB42e ...

Yendor
6th July 2011, 10:30 PM
WOW.... thats all I can say, oh and awesome also comes to mind.

Scotty, you and Dave must of been bored silly the other weekend when you were taking us around those tracks.

Bigrig
6th July 2011, 10:34 PM

Scotty, you and Dave must of been bored silly the other weekend when you were taking us around those tracks.

Never mate - that's the way you gain confidence ... and eventually you'll be doing this stuff too!!!! Then we have more to wheel with ... win win mate!!!

Sir Roofy
6th July 2011, 10:41 PM
thanks mate - spent too much time getting rid of the chrome to put a chrome snorkel back on it boss ... But see your point as they do look awesome!

Dhucks engine is the same as mine - tb42e ...

thanks for all the fine footage keep up the good work

Dhuck
6th July 2011, 10:42 PM

cheers roofy

I only have a stock TB42E mate. Nothing special. Unfortunately. But I have the toys.

Mate, we all start somewhere. I was once just a bloke with a mate that had a 4b and went on from there. What I have now was just a wish once upon a time.

Yendor
6th July 2011, 11:04 PM
Never mate - that's the way you gain confidence ... and eventually you'll be doing this stuff too!!!! Then we have more to wheel with ... win win mate!!!

LOL...I was sitting there watching the video going OMG...OMG...OMG (knowing that the video doesn't really show how extreme it was) and then seeing the look of concern/worry on your face.

Thanks again to both you and Dave for your effort and patience.

Yendor
6th July 2011, 11:06 PM
Mate, we all start somewhere. I was once just a bloke with a mate that had a 4b and went on from there. What I have now was just a wish once upon a time.

You have one awesome truck.

Bigrig
6th July 2011, 11:10 PM
LOL...I was sitting there watching the video going OMG...OMG...OMG (knowing that the video doesn't really show how extreme it was) and then seeing the look of concern/worry on your face.

Thanks again to both you and Dave for your effort and patience.

Absolute pleasure mate - can't wait for Scenic Rim ... need some repairs however!! Cracked two welds on the radius arm mount, leaking rear seal on the transfer case, and appears I may have twisted the sector shaft in the steering box, so possibly a new one of those coming up also!!! Oh well.

Clunk
7th July 2011, 01:33 AM
absolutley awesome vids guys.................. blooming fantastic stuff

patch697
7th July 2011, 02:15 AM
Scotty, Dave....... what brilliant team work you too have going on out there & that to me is really one of the biggest things you need when out dong what we do on any level & you guys have got down pat. Another brilliant watch & very educational for many I would expect.

Bloody outstanding buys & I'd be happy to go wheeling anywhere with the 2 of you.

Cheers
Paul

Bigrig
7th July 2011, 09:46 AM
Scotty, Dave....... what brilliant team work you too have going on out there & that to me is really one of the biggest things you need when out dong what we do on any level & you guys have got down pat. Another brilliant watch & very educational for many I would expect.

Bloody outstanding buys & I'd be happy to go wheeling anywhere with the 2 of you.

Cheers
Paul

Thanks mate - would love to get out with you at some stage.

Bring on Scenic Rim!!!!!! After Tank gets repaired of course!!! lmao

Ben-e-boy
7th July 2011, 05:11 PM
Very Nice!! That looked like fun. Which track was that?

Watching these vids is getting me psyced-up for scienic rim

Dhuck
7th July 2011, 05:25 PM
Not sure, think it was bottom of Top Test

Bigrig
7th July 2011, 05:47 PM
Not sure, think it was bottom of Top Test

Correct ...

Dark 1
7th July 2011, 07:05 PM
Freakin awesome stuff guys, wish i could of been there.

Bigrig
7th July 2011, 07:23 PM
Freakin awesome stuff guys, wish i could of been there.

Well .... come on down!!!! lol

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 06:46 PM
Just to show we can take the p!ss out of ourselves just as well as anyone!!! A couple of short videos of both of us doing something basic and stupid ... the first piece is me going down a hill and thinking to myself "geez, something's not quite right, just not seeming to get any reduction all of a sudden ..." ... that would be because I was in neutral and don't realise until I go to climb the other side!! The second is dhuck on a hill (serious one too, so he did well to get to where he got) attempting to climb a step up and getting no front drive at all in 4WD ... helps if the hubs are locked in!!!! lmao. Enjoy your opportunity to let us know that we aren't so perfect after all ... lol ...

LANGUAGE WARNING ONCE AGAIN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRjOhu8H4Ng

Dhuck
9th July 2011, 07:05 PM
hmmmmm. Still got up Jims Jump Up in 2 wheel. The first run out for the trip. Let pressures down but not locking in hubs. What can I say!

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 07:08 PM
hmmmmm. Still got up Jims Jump Up in 2 wheel. The first run out for the trip. Let pressures down but not locking in hubs. What can I say!

Too right you did!!! ... a mistake you, I and others will all make again at some stage or another no doubt ... always a relief when you get out to check, thinking the worst, and it ends up being something so straight forward!!!

Dhuck
9th July 2011, 07:12 PM
You thought the worst, being a possible Transfer case. The first thing checked was the hubs. But thank christ it was only hubs and not like the destroyed hub found at camp road.

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 07:17 PM
You thought the worst, being a possible Transfer case. The first thing checked was the hubs. But thank christ it was only hubs and not like the destroyed hub found at camp road.

Bloody oath ... I did say to Liam straight up, transfer case, but really faintly, I say (sort of under my breath) "front drive shaft, who f@cking knows" ... but definitely thought the worst first ...

Good for a giggle in hindsight ... like most of our stupidity!!! lmao

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 08:40 PM
Just uploading another one now ... had a bit of a play with this one and have some music and some open air on microphone ... you'll see why ...

The one thing I've figured out with that camera is I've taken WAAAAY too much footage of any and everything!! lmao

Dhuck
9th July 2011, 08:43 PM
Keep em coming mate. Is all sh@ts and giggles

Sir Roofy
9th July 2011, 09:07 PM
just uploading another one now ... Had a bit of a play with this one and have some music and some open air on microphone ... You'll see why ...

The one thing i've figured out with that camera is i've taken waaaay too much footage of any and everything!! Lmao
not a lot wrong with the shots scott you get the whole picture from here and get to see some of the terain as well

YNOT
9th July 2011, 09:26 PM
For a relatively cheap camera Scott is getting some great footage. If only we had the money for the sort of water proof cameras 4WD action use that you can secure to the outside of the vehicle in various positions.

Tony

Sir Roofy
9th July 2011, 09:36 PM
for a relatively cheap camera scott is getting some great footage. If only we had the money for the sort of water proof cameras 4wd action use that you can secure to the outside of the vehicle in various positions.

Tony
i think that would be scottys dream or anybody on here wanting to take footage of there trips
but what we get to see is of top quality for us ?

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 09:40 PM
For a relatively cheap camera Scott is getting some great footage. If only we had the money for the sort of water proof cameras 4WD action use that you can secure to the outside of the vehicle in various positions.

Tony

Yep - that would be nothing short of awesome!!!

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 09:46 PM
About 40 minutes and I'll have another vid up - the creek run from the inside camera ...

growler2058
9th July 2011, 10:04 PM
Nah he's a duck not a goose hahahahaha

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 10:30 PM
Another one ... the creek run but from the in car camera ... put a bit of music to the start as there is nothing to hear (as I am navvying for dhuck about 40 metres from the rig), and then cuts to my attempt ... the music is from Kill Bill so a bit melodramatic, but I like it!!! lol

Mal, at 7m20sec you should cut the clip out for use on your website ... have you ever heard anyone cheering at the fact they just ground their diff over a rock??? You have now!!!! PML

Enjoy ...

LANGUAGE WARNING (should be used to that by now!!! lmao)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdZpnnoG0mA

Clunk
9th July 2011, 10:46 PM
nice work bigrig and dhuck, keep em coming fellas

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 11:02 PM
nice work bigrig and dhuck, keep em coming fellas

Thanks mate - the rest are short tracks all over the place, so I'm going to cut them into one final movie ... should be tomorrow.

patch697
9th July 2011, 11:50 PM
Love watching you guys in action........Great work the both of you.

Dhuck
10th July 2011, 01:30 AM
Is a bloody slow job guiding Scotty through. Can't damage Tank at all. What about poor old Pigtrol?

I will look after Tank. Just wait till the rock sliders go on. No more mr nice Dhuck

Bigrig
10th July 2011, 09:13 AM
Is a bloody slow job guiding Scotty through. Can't damage Tank at all. What about poor old Pigtrol?

I will look after Tank. Just wait till the rock sliders go on. No more mr nice Dhuck

Mr Nice Dhuck?? lmao ... here's the ticket, you have scrub bars, I don't ... you have sliders, I don't ... you have fully welded laminated diffs, I don't ... you have a full roll cage, I don't ...

And because of my lack of spending on protection, you get the opportunity to spend more time outside your vehicle guiding mine!! Your welcome!! lmfao

Ohhhh, and I have 3" less travel than you (4" lift, but limited by only 3" travel shocks, and 33's compared to your 35's) ... so best you stay Mr Nice Dhuck for a while to come little fella until I get some barwork!!!!

It's funny actually, because in one of the videos I'm sitting in Tank watching you and then just pipe up with "ahhh, I'm f#cked" ... to which Liam asks why, and I say "because his rear tyre came more than an inch off the ground .. that means I'm going to need wings" !!!!! lmfao.

YNOT
10th July 2011, 09:23 AM
Mr Nice Dhuck?? lmao ... here's the ticket, you have scrub bars, I don't ... you have sliders, I don't ... you have fully welded laminated diffs, I don't ... you have a full roll cage, I don't ...

And because of my lack of spending on protection, you get the opportunity to spend more time outside your vehicle guiding mine!! Your welcome!! lmfao

Ohhhh, and I have 3" less travel than you (4" lift, but limited by only 3" travel shocks, and 33's compared to your 35's) ... so best you stay Mr Nice Dhuck for a while to come little fella until I get some barwork!!!!

It's funny actually, because in one of the videos I'm sitting in Tank watching you and then just pipe up with "ahhh, I'm f#cked" ... to which Liam asks why, and I say "because his rear tyre came more than an inch off the ground .. that means I'm going to need wings" !!!!! lmfao.

Would you rather see Tank flex like this.............?
http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/tonyh01/P1000321Small-1.jpg
If you do I can help.
Tony

Bigrig
10th July 2011, 09:24 AM
Would you rather see Tank flex like this.............
http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/tonyh01/P1000321Small-1.jpg

Tony

Yes .. yes I would!!! What did you have under it??

YNOT
10th July 2011, 09:27 AM
Yes .. yes I would!!! What did you have under it??

Snake racing mega lift springs (approx 5" lift) with matching Tough Dog shocks.
Springs and shocks have been removed and are for sale now.

Tony

Bigrig
10th July 2011, 09:48 AM
Snake racing mega lift springs (approx 5" lift) with matching Tough Dog shocks.
Springs and shocks have been removed and are for sale now.

Tony

Ok - I'll bite (lol), how much?? I'm already looking at 5" lovells with Tough Dog shocks as I thought you knew?? What about drop arms and upper rear control arms?? lol

YNOT
10th July 2011, 09:59 AM
Ok - I'll bite (lol), how much?? I'm already looking at 5" lovells with Tough Dog shocks as I thought you knew?? What about drop arms and upper rear control arms?? lol

$500 for springs and shocks and I'll include the drop boxes for that price. I did have drop arms but sold them about a year ago.
I also have 16mm extended heavy duty lower control arms with Nissan rubber bushes, no upper arms.

Tony

Bigrig
10th July 2011, 10:02 AM
$500 for springs and shocks and I'll include the drop boxes for that price. I did have drop arms but sold them about a year ago.
I also have 16mm extended heavy duty lower control arms with Nissan rubber bushes, no upper arms.

Tony

Thanks boss - what sort of life left in the shocks you reckon? How long were they on the old rig and how abused?

I trust you, just wish to know, but essentially consider them SOLD!!!!!!

roflmfao ... just as I was crawling out of the pool of poo I'm in at home, I just dive straight back in!!!! LOL!!!

YNOT
10th July 2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks boss - what sort of life left in the shocks you reckon? How long were they on the old rig and how abused?

I trust you, just wish to know, but essentially consider them SOLD!!!!!!

roflmfao ... just as I was crawling out of the pool of poo I'm in at home, I just dive straight back in!!!! LOL!!!

They've done less than 20,000km though looking a little stone chipped and scuffed, heaps of life left in them. One of the rear shocks is missing the stone gaurd which I took off to clear the big exhaust and now can't find it.

The drop boxes are Superior Engineering parts and have been on the car for under 5,000km.

Maybe I should reconsider coming to the BBQ next week end you being married to a kick boxer and all, not to mention your karate expert neighbours............

Tony

Bigrig
10th July 2011, 10:15 AM
They've done less than 20,000km though looking a little stone chipped and scuffed, heaps of life left in them. One of the rear shocks is missing the stone gaurd which I took off to clear the big exhaust and now can't find it.

The drop boxes are Superior Engineering parts and have been on the car for under 5,000km.

Maybe I should reconsider coming to the BBQ next week end you being married to a kick boxer and all, not to mention your karate expert neighbours............

Tony

Shhhhhhh ... it'll be our little secret!!!! LOL

Sold mate ... I just SMS'd a mate of mine to see if he can help install them, so depending on his availability, I'll come pick them up ASAP!! lol

YNOT
10th July 2011, 10:21 AM
Shhhhhhh ... it'll be our little secret!!!! LOL

Sold mate ... I just SMS'd a mate of mine to see if he can help install them, so depending on his availability, I'll come pick them up ASAP!! lol

Your mate just sent an SMS back.

Tony

PS, it's been a while since we hijacked a thread this bad.

Bigrig
10th July 2011, 10:22 AM
PS, it's been a while since we hijacked a thread this bad.

I know ... exciting isn't it?!!! lmao

growler2058
10th July 2011, 11:33 AM

Just the depth that varies hahahaha

Ben-e-boy
10th July 2011, 04:58 PM
great vids guys.
I cant wait to go wheeling again

belzi82
16th September 2011, 09:42 PM
Here tis .. for those of you who know LCMP, this is the top of Camp Road - very rutted wombat holes that are easily 4 foot deep in sections ... top navvy work from Dave, and one of those "always wanted to do it" tracks ... only short, but not for the feint hearted!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsKm7mLif-A

Man!!! I am so in, if I ever head up your way this is a track I so wanna do!!!!

Bigrig
16th September 2011, 09:59 PM
Man!!! I am so in, if I ever head up your way this is a track I so wanna do!!!!

We would love to take you up there mate - as said, not for the feint hearted and need a "reasonably" modified rig to get though it (I'd say at least one locker is a must - open diffs would lead to spinning wheels in the air which in turn would lead to smashed hubs and CV's - dhuck and I walked alongside the track before we did it, and seriously would have been about 4 sets of avm hubs and a cv sitting in the grass!!!).

That said - you and your family would have no shortage of accommodation and certainly no shortage of some seriously awesome tracks!!!

belzi82
17th September 2011, 12:38 AM
We would love to take you up there mate - as said, not for the feint hearted and need a "reasonably" modified rig to get though it (I'd say at least one locker is a must - open diffs would lead to spinning wheels in the air which in turn would lead to smashed hubs and CV's - dhuck and I walked alongside the track before we did it, and seriously would have been about 4 sets of avm hubs and a cv sitting in the grass!!!).

That said - you and your family would have no shortage of accommodation and certainly no shortage of some seriously awesome tracks!!!

Ok, as soon as I have the girl modified to what I want I am coming up, and bugger the bf - he can stay home and catsit while I have all the fun!! Nah I'll bring him along too. I am loving all the videos - great job guys

Bigrig
17th September 2011, 08:23 AM
Ok, as soon as I have the girl modified to what I want I am coming up, and bugger the bf - he can stay home and catsit while I have all the fun!! Nah I'll bring him along too. I am loving all the videos - great job guys

Lock it in mate - you'll have a ball ...

Sir Roofy
17th September 2011, 09:06 AM
Lock it in mate - you'll have a ball ...

scott mate awsome track,just a little favour id like to see dkuck with the camera in his rig
and you navigating some time with a quick scan of his rig

thanks roofy

p.s wont be back on till sunday nite got a little experdition on

Bigrig
17th September 2011, 09:14 AM
scott mate awsome track,just a little favour id like to see dkuck with the camera in his rig
and you navigating some time with a quick scan of his rig

thanks roofy

p.s wont be back on till sunday nite got a little experdition on

I navvi for him in all the same spots he does for me - as for the camera, we can just swap mine into his rig. It'll be a bit different next time we do it now I have the new lift/suspension and no sway bars - far less wheels in the air!!! lol