PDA

View Full Version : Getlost Maps

Tomm0
16th June 2020, 11:28 AM
I hope this is ok to post here .... I drive a patrol, and I make maps. The maps are free, but the patrol is not.

This is the Patrol, 2008, 4 inch lift, drop boxes and longer arms, some other stuff:

And these are the maps:

You can download as many maps as you want from the website, including all of them. www.getlost.com.au

They're in 3 different formats. I use them with OziExplorer on my PC, phone and the head unit in the Patrol, and they're also in Avenza for ios or android. Or you can download them and use them in whatever app you have, or even print them.

This is not an ad - they're free. Take one or 10 or as many as you want.

At the moment we do Vic and NSW down to 1:25,000 and the rest of the country at 1:250k, but more states are coming.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

mudnut
16th June 2020, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the forum.

mudski
17th June 2020, 02:46 PM
What app is needed on my iPhone for these to work?

Tomm0
17th June 2020, 03:47 PM
What app is needed on my iPhone for these to work?

Any one of several. Oziexplorer or Avenza are what most people use because both work fine and will run all of the maps at once without paying anything, and that's the core philosophy - that you should be able to use them for free.

They're in multiple formats which should cover most software, or you can convert them if you want to another format if you have a different app.

mudski
17th June 2020, 04:48 PM
Any one of several. Oziexplorer or Avenza are what most people use because both work fine and will run all of the maps at once without paying anything, and that's the core philosophy - that you should be able to use them for free.

They're in multiple formats which should cover most software, or you can convert them if you want to another format if you have a different app.

Thanks. I'm illiterate with this stuff. Ive downloaded a file and Avenza can't see it. I think I have to move the downloaded file. Just gotta workout how....:1087:

Tomm0
17th June 2020, 05:34 PM
Thanks. I'm illiterate with this stuff. Ive downloaded a file and Avenza can't see it. I think I have to move the downloaded file. Just gotta workout how....:1087:

Easiest way is to download Avenza then find the maps inside the app in their 'map store'. The maps are still free in there. Choose as many as you want and download them inside the app rather than trying to muck around and do it manually.

jack
17th June 2020, 08:00 PM
Easiest way is to download Avenza then find the maps inside the app in their 'map store'. The maps are still free in there. Choose as many as you want and download them inside the app rather than trying to muck around and do it manually.

Exactly what I just did with the iPad, worked fine. Thanks for this.