PDA

View Full Version : GU Rims

macca86
2nd July 2011, 08:32 AM
So I finally took my car off road and got her all dirty and muddy and she loved it! As I got home I spent the next 3 hrs with a gerni getting all the thick mud off from the sides and underbody (What a task! who need to topsoil the lawn anymore?) Anyway the next day I had terrible vibration after 80km and under braking. I had a good look and saw that mud collects in a deep dish just behind the spokes!

Very poor design I thought and was wondering should I buy new rims to stop this or could I just silicone the channel up to stop collecting mud?

Thanks for your input guys.

YNOT
2nd July 2011, 08:58 AM
Mud can get stuck on any rim, you just need to be aware of it and keep an eye on it.

Tony

Finly Owner
2nd July 2011, 10:39 PM
I concur with Tony. And if you did silicone them, you would have to get them rebalanced as you could not accuratelyput even coats on all rims.

Tim

MudRunnerTD
3rd July 2011, 09:02 AM
yeah what Tony said mate.

I bet next time you spend 3 hours blowing teh mud off you will stick the hose in theback of the rims like i do and get as much of that mud out as possible. You will get used to where the main mud hides and give it special treatment when cleaning.

Good luck

macca86
3rd July 2011, 09:10 AM
thanks guys learning as I go. another lesson learn't don't put off what can be done today till tomorrow it gets harder to clean