PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting one of these

Peacemaker
2nd July 2011, 12:09 AM
Well i like to get away for weekends up the beach or out bush shooting so were thinking about buying this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-ROOF-TOP-TENT-CAMPER-RIPSTOP-TRAILER-ROOFTOP-TENT-/230638134687?pt=AU_Tents&hash=item35b31aa59f Any one had one or one like it? What did you think of it? If any else is intersted maybe they might do a group discount

snicko
2nd July 2011, 12:12 AM
Awesome mate !! We have just bought one and tested it out about a month ago. Loved it.

AB
2nd July 2011, 12:13 AM
I saw a second hand one on Ebay and was temptered but was just concerned about taking it up and down every day when your away and you want to go for drive....Thats the only thing that held me back.

I do like them though!

If it was properly set up then thats where your car stays until the trip is over...Thats the only problem I see.

Sir Roofy
2nd July 2011, 07:54 PM
Another good reason we went the trailer tent or if just a short trip we use a tarp

Peacemaker
2nd July 2011, 08:41 PM
Well I picked up a 2nd hand Austrax for $500. The other 1/2 likes going GLAMPING so a tarp just won't do( it's fine for me) so we'll see how it goes.

Clunk
2nd July 2011, 08:54 PM
I like the idea of these but not if you're having to pack it up everyday to go for a drive.... as AB has already said

Sir Roofy
2nd July 2011, 08:56 PM

my other half loves it depending on where we go

Clunk
2nd July 2011, 08:58 PM
that the go Roofy, simple, quick and easy to pack up lol

Sir Roofy
2nd July 2011, 09:03 PM
that the go roofy, simple, quick and easy to pack up lol

its easy to pack cost a bit over $100 -just un clip if you want to look about what more do you need
and you can put up side walls
and make it any size you need

Clunk
2nd July 2011, 09:26 PM
its easy to pack cost a bit over $100 -just un clip if you want to look about what more do you need
and you can put up side walls
and make it any size you need

not bad at all mate, all I got is little 2 man tent and I mean little, I have to lay diagonally in it to fit!!!!!!! hahahahahaha, was $35, takes less that 5 mins to put up and about the same to take down, might have to upgrade to a 3 or 4 man if the missus decides to tag along one day hahahaha

Sir Roofy
2nd July 2011, 09:38 PM
not bad at all mate, all i got is little 2 man tent and i mean little, i have to lay diagonally in it to fit!!!!!!! Hahahahahaha, was $35, takes less that 5 mins to put up and about the same to take down, might have to upgrade to a 3 or 4 man if the missus decides to tag along one day hahahaha

we got a 4man aswell can put that under the end of the tarp worksa treat

Dark 1
5th July 2011, 10:36 PM
Mate has one of these & loves it, i've got a different brand but basically same & i also love it.

YNOT
5th July 2011, 11:38 PM
I checked the EBay listing that Peacemaker referred to, that's a good price for a RTT that isn't made in China and they use proper heavy canvas. I had a look at a Ironman RTT last week and it was made from a much lighter fabric.

Tony