PDA

View Full Version : Warrenty work on the winch

hekarewe
1st July 2011, 06:22 PM
well the day is appon me LOL to morrow morning i head over to coopers plain to see the guys at ARB southern to have the winch looked at and with fingers crossed get fixed under warrenty after the beerraburrim debarrcel so wish me luck guys and will up date this over the weekend.:bananarock:

Bigrig
1st July 2011, 07:17 PM
Good luck old mate!!!!

nowoolies
1st July 2011, 07:20 PM
what happened to it ?????

big_fletch
1st July 2011, 07:24 PM
Hope all goes well mate, as said what happened to it?

hekarewe
1st July 2011, 09:15 PM
no it is warn 9500lb Xp 9.5hp and had been working fine until i did the good samaritane thing last time out at glass house Mt and the dick i was helping bounced his land barge of the end of the cable twice so i would say it has snapped the safty shear pin hope thats all it is

nowoolies
1st July 2011, 09:23 PM
no it is warn 9500lb Xp 9.5hp and had been working fine until i did the good samaritane thing last time out at glass house Mt and the dick i was helping bounced his land barge of the end of the cable twice so i would say it has snapped the safty shear pin hope thats all it is

and he`s paying for the damage ?????????

hekarewe
1st July 2011, 09:28 PM
LMAO the toe rag shot through with out so much as a thanks for your sorrry or can i help pay or even is your winch alright mate!!!!! some people just dont get it,,,,, but karma will come around and next time i see him in that position i will kick the little f&(%&ker down the hill sideways!!!! but i dont hold much of a grudge.

nowoolies
1st July 2011, 09:34 PM
LMAO the toe rag shot through with out so much as a thanks for your sorrry or can i help pay or even is your winch alright mate!!!!! some people just dont get it,,,,, but karma will come around and next time i see him in that position i will kick the little f&(%&ker down the hill sideways!!!! but i dont hold much of a grudge.

hahaha nearly fell off my chair reading the last part

what a complete and utter tosser he is
thats the main reason i say to anyone i might help out if it breaks during the recovery , you just bought it
and if they dont agree find some one else and that`s from snatch strap too winch , they aint cheap hay
i hope for your sake its only the safety shear pin mate
strewth that got me angry ,people like that should be well....... i dont think i can say that here we both own that sort of implement BOOOOOM lol

hekarewe
1st July 2011, 09:43 PM
get him to re enact the sciene from hot shots where i pilot crashes and sticks his head up with to branches stuck to either side of his helmet i will play the hunter who sees him LOL:sterb003::sterb003::sterb003::sterb003:

nowoolies
1st July 2011, 09:46 PM
get him to re enact the sciene from hot shots where i pilot crashes and sticks his head up with to branches stuck to either side of his helmet i will play the hunter who sees him LOL:sterb003::sterb003::sterb003::sterb003:

hahahaha get in line hahahahahaahah
well let us know how you go tomorrow mate
got my fingers crossed for you

hekarewe
1st July 2011, 09:55 PM
dont worry will do LOL

hekarewe
2nd July 2011, 09:07 AM
rightie hoo back from ARB southern with the verdict,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fault in fitting of the winch has resulted in the drian hole for the motor being blocked ergo electric motor full of beerburrim mud n water ergo winch go karput!!!!!!:blowup::blowup:

good news is covered by warrenty,,, bad news is going to take a week ti fix best case worst case a month. depends on how much damage has been done to the winch with the water n mud. this is a common fitting mistake with the new Warn XP winch as there are two drian holes but only one is plugged by the factory. being a barrel winch there is no set way to mount it and it is easy to make the mistake of forgeting to unblock bottom hole and reblock top hole. just have to wait for the an appointment to go get the job done:animierte-smilies-t:animierte-smilies-t

nowoolies
2nd July 2011, 09:47 AM
rightie hoo back from ARB southern with the verdict,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fault in fitting of the winch has resulted in the drian hole for the motor being blocked ergo electric motor full of beerburrim mud n water ergo winch go karput!!!!!!:blowup::blowup:

good news is covered by warrenty,,, bad news is going to take a week ti fix best case worst case a month. depends on how much damage has been done to the winch with the water n mud. this is a common fitting mistake with the new Warn XP winch as there are two drian holes but only one is plugged by the factory. being a barrel winch there is no set way to mount it and it is easy to make the mistake of forgeting to unblock bottom hole and reblock top hole. just have to wait for the an appointment to go get the job done:animierte-smilies-t:animierte-smilies-t

lucky break mate
still dont get that tosser off the hook though
he still deserves to be stuck in mud up to the top of his doors
im gunna have a look at mine see if the plug hole are correct hahahahaha
was only fitted a couple of months ago
bl00dy good news though mate

snicko
2nd July 2011, 10:51 AM

Good news mate, been watching this thread and will go out and check ours as well. Karma always strikes back twice as bad/good so the ar5eh@le is in for it !! hahaha

Clunk
2nd July 2011, 11:45 AM
that's good news mate, doesn't excuse the dickheads actions though..........................

hekarewe
2nd July 2011, 11:45 PM
thanks for the support guys and no the d^%(d is not of the hook bring on Karma LOL now just champing at the bit to get the truck back in there before o head down south for a weeks deer hunting i really need the winch working before i go away as been told the road/track where i am going are less then friendly so need it working in case i get stuck also handy for lifting and hanging the deer when dressing them. heres hoping they can do it in time for me !!

nowoolies
3rd July 2011, 12:45 AM
you still up mate

hekarewe
3rd July 2011, 12:51 AM
worked night shift tonight so still up for a little bit

nowoolies
3rd July 2011, 12:54 AM
worked night shift tonight so still up for a little bit

have a look back on night shift the right toy for that tosser hahahahaha back a few pages
one of my toys BOOOOOM all over red rover lol

patch697
3rd July 2011, 01:03 AM
have a look back on night shift the right toy for that tosser hahahahaha back a few pages

Probably hit him from China..........LNFAO

nowoolies
3rd July 2011, 01:04 AM
Probably hit him from China..........LNFAO

i would bloody hope so hahahahahahahaha

hekarewe
3rd July 2011, 03:54 PM

too much gun there!!! if i want to get that personel with the tick turd,,, i would keep him alive and make him bleed out for a week or so much satisfieing oooops out comes the dark side agian must put away the other personalities none of the like people!!!! lmao

hekarewe
21st July 2011, 03:56 PM
good news the winch is now fixed and the right drian hole is open and the the top hole is now blocked as it should be :clapping::clapping:

now some basic maitance for the winch from the horses mouth,

the winches should be run in and out under preasure aleast once every couple of months and done in such a way that it heats up the engine of the winch and drys out any moistier that there might be in there the worst thing to do to the winch is to not touch and leve it idol if you do this the one time you need it it wont work. :bananarock:

Dhuck
21st July 2011, 04:45 PM
So what was the problem?

hekarewe
21st July 2011, 06:02 PM
So what was the problem?

ok the problem was during installation,,,, being a barrel winch there is ne right way up! sooo to allow for this warn installed 2 drain holes in the electric motor housing. one of which is blocked with silican at the warn factory. on installation the installers are supposed to check which hole is blocked, and make sure that the bottom hole is open to drain and the top hole is blocked with a silicon plug.

being as this is a new winch to the warn range there have been some tething problems with the install involving these drain holes not being checked properly. in the case of mine the bottom hole was blocked and the motor filled with mud and water,,,, mud water + electricity = kuput winch

hekarewe
21st July 2011, 08:38 PM
well heres hoping thats it now as this is the second time i have had to go back for warrenty work ARB penrith have been most apolagetic and very prompt in responding to the issues and cudos to ARB southern coopers plains for their support in getting the work done both times PDQ and happily liasing with penrith on these matters

in both cases i only blame the people in the fitting bay at penrith not the front office staff. the front office lieghton etc could not enough for me its just a shame that the fitting crew let them down.

the 2 issues have been annoying,,,,, but!!!! the efforts both of ARB stores went to to rectify these and there aftermarket service kicked into high gear have really impressed me and will happily go back for mod's through ARB even if they are a bit exxy