PDA

View Full Version : hoods GQ ute

hood
30th June 2011, 11:04 PM
G/day everyone, i am having trouble getting pics on. They keep coming up as attachments, anyway here goes. This is the bogged on an island in the middle of a river crossing. I put the hubs in before crossing, but my mate unbeknown to me clicked the passenger side out while i wasnt looking. Thought he was putting it in. Bit of a panic until i woke up what was going on, as there was some heavy rain coming and that crossing floods quite bad. As i said in my intro i am going to sell the ute, i have been offered a wagon with a 6.5 conversion.

nowoolies
30th June 2011, 11:07 PM
keep the ute mate
looks sweet as
i dont know of anyone thats been that happy with the 6.5 conversion
and a few farmers i know are down right pi$$ed off with it

patch697
30th June 2011, 11:17 PM
Thats a beast mate, stuff the 6.5 SB keep the ute.

Clunk
1st July 2011, 12:31 AM
yep I have to say I'd also keep the ute, looks great mate

hood
3rd July 2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the comments. Is there somthing i am missing with the 6.5 conversion. Maybe a tubo might be the way to go. Its a really sweet motor but doesnt like the hills with a trailer behind. I have been looking at a 95 GQ wagon, a 97 GQ ute and a tttttttroopy (wash my mouth out) all with Brunswick conversions and all at the right price. As i am going to be out in the never never i need something reliable. What are the problems with the 6.5 conversion. Regards Hoods

growler2058
3rd July 2011, 01:49 PM
I have heard u need a big kick ass radiator when fitted to a GQ

Nice lookin ute u got there tho mate