PDA

View Full Version : tail lights

snippysnail
31st July 2010, 07:02 AM
will not go fuses seem ok

Timbo
31st July 2010, 07:06 AM
Check simple things like the bulbs being shot or rusty/dirty contacts for the bulbs.

Are all of your other lights working? Have you checked the earth?

patch697
31st July 2010, 09:36 AM
Do you have dash lights & front parkers? & what model do you have?

Cheers
Paul

dougydoug
5th August 2010, 12:08 AM
currently going through lights issue also, have no park lights , tail lights, fuse blows as turned on , cleaned out trailer plug, checked all plugs etc, all seem ok, all eath leads light and in good order as far as i can see. head light work , so do break lights. no dash lights...weird. does anyone know if a relay runs the park lights/tail lights ???

dougydoug
5th August 2010, 12:12 AM
been trying to fault find lights issue, seem s to be common prob. no tail lights/ park lights and dash . are these all connected into one relay?? or is the coomon denominator the stalk ?? though it does seem to be in order, any one have solution?? oh do the basics, cleaned tailer plug, all connectors, earths, bulb changes etc.....i knew i shoulda stayed out of those big puddles~! oh its a 96 gq st , sweet divorce gift...

AB
5th August 2010, 09:29 AM
Hi mate, which fuse blows when you turn the car on, assuming its only 1 fuse that blows each time.

You need to do some trial and error to isolate the problem. They would be running on the same circuit so I would go and get a handfull of fuses. dissconnect everything that runs on that circuit (tail lights, park lights, dash, etc) and then plug in each one at a time until the fuse blows again.

Then you will know what area is causing the problem. Then you can check that part out and find a short, etc.

You havent put a new stereo in by chance?

patch697
5th August 2010, 10:42 AM
been trying to fault find lights issue, seem s to be common prob. no tail lights/ park lights and dash . are these all connected into one relay?? or is the coomon denominator the stalk ?? though it does seem to be in order, any one have solution?? oh do the basics, cleaned tailer plug, all connectors, earths, bulb changes etc.....i knew i shoulda stayed out of those big puddles~! oh its a 96 gq st , sweet divorce gift...

This is common in Patrols & yes I would say its a 90% chance its your headlight switch (stork) but its not the stork itself its a switch in behind & its serviceable.

So what are you DIY skills like ie. could you fit your own car stereo? If the answer is yes than I can talk you through the rest.

Cheers
Paul

patch697
5th August 2010, 10:45 AM
currently going through lights issue also, have no park lights , tail lights, fuse blows as turned on , cleaned out trailer plug, checked all plugs etc, all seem ok, all eath leads light and in good order as far as i can see. head light work , so do break lights. no dash lights...weird. does anyone know if a relay runs the park lights/tail lights ???

Sorry just read your first post???? Have you fitted or have you had a new stereo fitted of late?

Finly Owner
5th August 2010, 10:28 PM
I found I had no interior light, horn, tail light & dash. Replaced fuse all good. Not sure what caused fault. So, if GQ is same check front park lights haven't rubbed through. Have you added driving lights to the circuit?