PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NissanPatrol Forum Trip Registration of Interest

AB
30th July 2010, 11:35 PM
You may have read some posts about our 2013 trip.

We are planning a trip in 2012 somewhere in our great land and "everyone is invited"

Where?

It depends on who and how many are keen to meet up and from what area's the members are from to establish a meeting point.

Have a good think about it, would you be keen to meet up with other members here in 2013 for a life time experience, meet some great people, good laughs and make new friends?

If so, then just reply to this thread and mention your keen to catch up.

Over the next 2 years this thread will slowly grow and so will the intrest. After that time we will then establish the area of the majority and go from there for a suitable meeting point.

When we know who's keen, then we could ask those members for ideas about where they reckon would be good locations. We could then grade those locations against the checklist and see what place comes up as the best location. A member has suggested this for later on which is a great idea.

Look forward to seeing you all then!:cheers:

patch697
30th July 2010, 11:48 PM
Well im in as I said in Rossco's thread..

Hay Andy this should be called the "2013 NissanPatrol Forum Trip registration of interest thread" so it works in conjunction with Rossco's thread.

AB
30th July 2010, 11:52 PM
Done, cheers Paul.

Mark
30th July 2010, 11:53 PM
I'll be there boys, count me in. good blokes here.

Vic east, but we'll work that out later.

locks
31st July 2010, 12:12 AM
I'm keen, as long as there's no old man camp fire chats about how "back in my days we used to walk everywhere stories and you young whipper snappers dont know how easy you got it"...lol

Jokes jokes, very keen guys, would be fun to catch up for sure!

patch697
31st July 2010, 12:17 AM
I'm keen, as long as there's no old man camp fire chats about how "back in my days we used to walk everywhere stories and you young whipper snappers dont know how easy you got it"...lol

lol...........Mate you are so gonna cop it hard core for that one.................lol

Bloody smarty ass young whipper snappers don't know how easy you got it.............................lol

DX grunt
31st July 2010, 04:59 AM
I guess I can mosey on over 'the paddock' to meet and greet. LOL

DX grunt
31st July 2010, 05:01 AM

Promise I won't wear my pants above my belly button - much LOL.

YNOT
31st July 2010, 12:48 PM
I'm keen also.

Woof
31st July 2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah sounds great as long as I don't have to travel to those Eastern States, never know what I would catch over there:trink13:

patch697
31st July 2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah sounds great as long as I don't have to travel to those Eastern States, never know what I would catch over there:trink13:

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/57.jpg

Be sure to pass this onto your master... theirs a good dog

Nissan Kid
4th August 2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah boys, Count me in......by that time ill be closer to you guys, Living in Eildon.

my third 256
10th August 2010, 12:28 AM
yes im there 2

DX grunt
10th August 2010, 01:17 AM
Well done lads. Keep those nominations coming.

patch697
12th August 2010, 02:17 PM
Yeah boys, Count me in......by that time ill be closer to you guys, Living in Eildon.

That may not work out too well for you after all Matt as now where talking about holding it in SA............lol

my91gq
12th August 2010, 03:48 PM
im in for sure
i'll start saving :)

DX grunt
12th August 2010, 07:10 PM
im in for sure
i'll start saving :)

Onya Justin. WA convoy contingent maybe?? Breaker, breaker, we got us a connnvoyyyyy! YE HAAAAAAAA

patch697
13th August 2010, 12:12 AM
And here's the WA boys comin' over the for the reunion!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......... There go's another bloody Keyboard thanks Plassy......LOL

DX grunt
13th August 2010, 12:17 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......... There go's another bloody Keyboard thanks Plassy......LOL

Naughty boy Plassy. I'll smack you with my snatch strap!! LOLOLOL That was sooooooo funny! x2 for the keyboard.

patch697
13th August 2010, 12:19 AM
Naughty boy Plassy. I'll smack you with my snatch strap!! LOLOLOL That was sooooooo funny! x2 for the keyboard.

LOL.............. With your what strap?????????............lol

Oooh I get it now you meant your recovery strap

DX grunt
13th August 2010, 12:23 AM
I think you and I should not talk about smacking each other with snatch straps, considering the attire we have had to display recently!!

OK. It was a very funny clip. I'm still chuckling. I hope u don't think us westerners are really like that....do you?

patch697
13th August 2010, 12:25 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL................. Thats it you 2 someones paying for that keyboard.... not even 5 min old......lolololololol

DX grunt
13th August 2010, 12:27 AM
LOL.............. With your what strap?????????............lol

Oooh I get it now you meant your recovery strap

TIME OUT!!!! We obviously have different interpretations for the 'recovery strap'..... yes that's the name I probably should have used but we call them..........straps over here.
My humble apologies if anybody thought anything different. lol

patch697
13th August 2010, 01:22 AM
'ts alright Rossco, I call 'em snatch straps too. Just some of us need to drag it down to the lowest possible level!!!

Yeah your right Rossco thay are called snatch straps everyone call em snatch straps & yes Plassy guilty as charged & im sorry I let myself slip but tell me you didn't laugh..........given the facts

AB
28th August 2010, 08:01 PM
Just thinking out loud, 2013 is a long way away.

Understand that Rossco needs to book in advance but whats the chances of bringing it back to 2012...lol

patch697
28th August 2010, 08:03 PM
2 years should be plenty of time to plan it so Im good with it.

Woof
28th August 2010, 08:12 PM
Been thinking about it as well, 3 years time I could be driving a Toyota then I would not be able to attend:1087:

patch697
28th August 2010, 08:18 PM
Been thinking about it as well, 3 years time I could be driving a Toyota then I would not be able to attend:1087:

Bullsh!t Doggy, Now your just asking me to infraction you......lolololol

patch697
28th August 2010, 08:23 PM
Nope I've changed my mind, you need to be punished for that blaspheme so you can say 20 ALL HAIL PATROLS & drink a flat beer......

Shame on you......................lololol

DX grunt
28th August 2010, 08:24 PM
2 years should be plenty of time to plan it so Im good with it.

2012 sounds good.

I really need a date sooner rather than later, coz I'm supposed to be going to Bali in 2012 to celebrate a mate's 50th.

AB, don't forget to change all the headings too.

I'm not a traitor. I'll still be driving a Patrol in 2012, 2013, ect......lololol

Ross

DX grunt
28th August 2010, 08:26 PM
Nope I've changed my mind, you need to be punished for that blaspheme so you can say 20 ALL HAIL PATROLS & drink a flat beer......

Shame on you......................lololol

What about enforcing 'our' dress code????? lolololol

patch697
28th August 2010, 08:30 PM
2012 sounds good.

I really need a date sooner rather than later, coz I'm supposed to be going to Bali in 2012 to celebrate a mate's 50th.

AB, don't forget to change all the headings too.

I'm not a traitor. I'll still be driving a Patrol in 2012, 2013, ect......lololol

Ross

We'll see how many others are happy with this change & then try & structure it around your Bali trip Rossco?

Cos your not missing out mate, This was your brain child from the start.

DX grunt
28th August 2010, 08:56 PM
We'll see how many others are happy with this change & then try & structure it around your Bali trip Rossco?

Cos your not missing out mate, This was your brain child from the start.

Just rang my mate up, and he's not sure if he's going to Bali yet, and won't know until the middle of next year. Soooo, let's make it either side of April in 2012, if that's the general agreement with everybody??

DX grunt
28th August 2010, 08:59 PM
We need destinations from our South OZ counterparts, so we can put it to the vote.

Please help us sooner rather than later. Some of us from WA will be driving over 5,000k's for this get together and we need to start planning.

Thanks in advance.

Ross
DX grunt

AB
28th August 2010, 09:19 PM
I think Plassy has a spot but if we can't decide and its getting closer to the date i also have an idea.

theres a station I know near Renmark/Wentworth area.

Theres a house and 5 Atco units.

20m from the Murray and you WA members can sneak down the old track into Wentworth area quite easy.

Lets just use that for a last resort.

DX grunt
28th August 2010, 09:22 PM
I think Plassy has a spot but if we can't decide and its getting closer to the date i also have an idea.

theres a station I know near Renmark/Wentworth area.

Theres a house and 5 Atco units.

20m from the Murray and you WA members can sneak down the old track into Wentworth area quite easy.

Lets just use that for a last resort.

Researched Plassy's spot and looks good to me. Plenty of wide open spaces too.

Edit: My opinion is only one voice... I'll go with the majority on the poll ..lol

AB
28th August 2010, 09:26 PM
Sounds good to me.

Problem with my spot is there arn't a lot of 4x4 tracks, pretty flat, pretty flat and very flat.

Theres about 5 acres of poisness baby watermelons on the ground too.

After a few beers they look very tasty but apparently they can kill you if eaten.

DX grunt
22nd September 2010, 08:22 PM
bump.

Please express your interest. Time's ticking away. lolol.

Thanks.

Ross
DX grunt

DX grunt
22nd September 2010, 08:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoa89S9sPKk

And here comes WA......

DX grunt
23rd September 2010, 09:35 PM
bump.

For the info of our newer members.

Roady
8th October 2010, 05:23 PM
Im new to the show, but keen. What about somewhere in the Finders Ranges ?

Chops
8th October 2010, 05:38 PM
Should have all the WA members come up here. Plenty of 4WD tracks, and long beach drives, spots for camping (if you know where) fishing and generally having a blast.

Dark 1
15th October 2010, 07:54 PM
Isa keen for a meet up. Not to fussed on destination, i've seen a fair bit of qld so would be nice to see some new countryside.[ Flinders ranges could be good , always wanted to go there.]

Finly Owner
15th October 2010, 10:58 PM
Hey I might Have Finly A1 by then, and can probably join the convoy to meeting point

big_fletch
23rd October 2010, 05:25 PM
I'm a newbie but I will start saving and am happy to go where ever suits majority vote, trip sounds good

wildgu6
24th October 2010, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, thread been going for quite a while by the looks, but just stumbled across it. Sounds like a great idea to me. i'll put my hand up for that one. Put some faces to the names.

S.A great is what they say. The Loveday Adventure Park is a great place, I see some other South Aussies have already made that suggestion though, They cater for huge groups and have facilities. Its private property with I think 14kms of river front camping,tavern and a caters for bands as well. I see you have the link so this info is probably history already. Another suggestion is somewhere in the Flinders Rangers which has also been suggested. Where ever it ends up it should be a hum dinga.

Cheers guys, well done.

Pete

AB
24th October 2010, 09:06 PM
Looks like a good spot Pete!

big_fletch
24th October 2010, 09:50 PM
Yer i agree AB.. Good find wild98, looks like a awesome spot for abit of weekend fun, stay on the river with the campfire and the esky haha :cheers:

wildgu6
24th October 2010, 10:20 PM
Yer great place Andy and good people running it. What more would you expect from S.A.
Even if the reunion isnt there I recomend it to anyone who is visiting the Riverland area with a 4b.
Has a family track through the bushland with a few man made obsticles thrown in, and the competition track for those who like to get down and dirty.
The guy's down there have done a great job.
Just a quicky on the reunion Andy about families and pets. I have a couple of mates who love their 4 wheelin but they drive Paj's and Cruisers..........lol, and they are not members of the best forum around,
Would they be welcome to come along as extended family or could they just come as pets ????????

Cheers Chris (Fletcha), if you or any other member come for a play in S.A and you get to Loveday, Give me a yell and I will see you there.

Cheers Pete

AB
25th October 2010, 08:54 AM
I can't see a problem Pete. I mean we love Patrols, etc but I'm sure everyone else here wouldn't start cursing and throwing stuff at any Paj's or Kruzas that turned up to the meet up...haha.

wildgu6
25th October 2010, 06:24 PM
Why the hell not? I would........lol Only joshin.
Cheers buddy......."I'm excited"

Pete

AB
25th October 2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah 2012 seems too far away..lol

It will come quick and some people need to do some planning and give a lot of notice to their employers so It's all good.

Personally, I can't wait to catch up with everyone and finally just kick back with a beer and talk bollocks.

Going to be a ripper trip with side splitting humour i'm sure!!!

Woof
25th October 2010, 08:59 PM
We need to decide where it is going to be asap, maybe start a poll with a few of the ones that we have and the results is where we all meet up.

AB
26th October 2010, 09:57 PM
Poll started everyone so please vote for your ideal location for the 2012 catch up.

Please only vote if you intend on meeting up as it would be good to see the numbers when the time comes to knuckle down and plan it out.

If anyone has other locations that they think should be added then let us know as well.

Cheers!

Woof
26th October 2010, 10:01 PM
Depending if I get the new job and the roster and if I can get holidays I will be there...........cannot promise anything at the moment so I will not vote yet.

wildgu6
27th October 2010, 12:13 AM
Hey Andy, jumped the gun abit on my vote. Even though Loveday is a great place I would recomend to any 4b owner, I've been there a few times now and think my vote would be better going to somewhere I havent been. If you can could you alter my vote to (SA - Warraweena) that would be great.
Sorry to be a pain in the rear. If you cant no biggy.

Cheers Pete

AB
4th November 2010, 10:06 PM
Cheers Rohan, I don't think I can change it Pete once youve made a vote. I'll look into it but don't think It's possible.

Woof
4th November 2010, 10:08 PM
Only 4 votes, what happened to everyone who posted that they were interested in attending:confused::confused:

YNOT
4th November 2010, 11:00 PM
Warraweena was looking good except they charge you not just to stay there, but also to drive the individual tracks.
HDYC doesn't mention 4WD tracks, well not that I saw at a quick look.
So my choice of the 3 nominated would be Loveday.

Tony

Bigrig
4th November 2010, 11:05 PM
Where's "Bigrig's Joint" on the poll?? What?? You mean I have to drive somewhere??

Furry muff (fair enough), I'm in wherever it is ...

Woof
4th November 2010, 11:14 PM
If I was to vote, I would be interested in NT, but the new job has now been pushed back until June 2011, so have got no idea whether I will be attending:mad:

YNOT
4th November 2010, 11:31 PM
Where's "Bigrig's Joint" on the poll??

That'd save me heaps in fuel!!!

Tony

wildgu6
5th November 2010, 11:49 PM
Cheers Rohan, I don't think I can change it Pete once youve made a vote. I'll look into it but don't think It's possible.

Not a problem Andy. I can live with that.

Cheers Pete

Woof
7th November 2010, 11:25 PM
Done Plassy, you are now the Official Wood Gatherer for the get together mate.
I could watch that again and again, bloody brilliant.

patch697
7th November 2010, 11:48 PM
Man what a unit, I watched some of the other wood processes as well & agreed Doggy bloody brilliant...... Thanks Plassy

& BTW I second Doggy's motion & here by pass it too....lolol

AB
8th November 2010, 11:17 AM
Yep, seen that before and I drool everytime!!!

What a machine, that would save my back...lol

AB
8th November 2010, 10:29 PM
Do you know what I don't understand with that set up. Why on earth would you go to all that trouble and engineering to just put a chainsaw on.

You would have to change/sharpen blades every 2 hours with that kind of work...lol

I would have put a circular saw on it IMHO.

Like this monster...lol

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/11/1.jpg

big_fletch
10th November 2010, 10:11 PM
That first one was a great idea.. haha ^^^^^^^ Now that is just awesome

Chris72GQ
27th November 2010, 12:04 AM
I have just seen this post and was wondering if any dates had been set as of yet,
in May/June 2012 my partner myself and my daughter will be driving from here in perth, following the coast as much as we can over to queensland,
have to be in NSW for my partners daughters birthdays in may and june,
our plan is to leave WA early may and head over for 1 birthday in NSW in may, then up to Qld, and be back in NSW for the birthday in June, and then heading back over here to WA by end of June
when we saw this post we would love to try and work our trip around it

DX grunt
27th November 2010, 02:56 PM
I have just seen this post and was wondering if any dates had been set as of yet,
in May/June 2012 my partner myself and my daughter will be driving from here in perth, following the coast as much as we can over to queensland,
have to be in NSW for my partners daughters birthdays in may and june,
our plan is to leave WA early may and head over for 1 birthday in NSW in may, then up to Qld, and be back in NSW for the birthday in June, and then heading back over here to WA by end of June
when we saw this post we would love to try and work our trip around it

Nice decoy, Chris.

You just want to get your truck dirty in Winter, don't you? lol

Dates not confirmed or decided upon yet. We need to 'get it together' shortly though.

NissanGQ4.2
27th November 2010, 03:16 PM
where is NSW in this poll????????????????????

DX grunt
27th November 2010, 04:07 PM
where is NSW in this poll????????????????????

Good question.

In the beginning, we thought that South OZ was probably the most central part of Australia, in fairness to everybody, and we called for places that could accommodate us.

The ones above are what was decided on, so a decision was made, and the poll was placed. There has been quite a few expressions of interest, but I don't think people have put 'pen to paper' to commit, yet.

Personally, to South OZ, it will be about a 6,000km round trip, and I'm not going all that way for one or two nights. I'll be taking holidays and spending a bit of time over that end of the world, coz my family lives in Victoria. Diesel at my local garage ATM is $1.41.2 per litre and I'm sure it will be dearer as I cross the Nullabour until I come to civilisation.

That's my story. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong about South OZ being the most central for most of us. We're not going to please everybody all of the time, and for that, I'm sorry, but this decision was made with the best intent so as many as possible can attend.

Ross

perthburts
1st December 2010, 03:33 AM
Kids will be 2 years older and ready for another adventure

Bigrig
18th December 2010, 12:39 PM
Well ... it's nearly 2011, so this thing is going to creep up on us all real quick throughout next year ... so hopefully everyone who is interested is genuinely making plans to get there. Would be a bit harsh for some people to be going to real effort (holidays from work, kids out of school, cost, preparation etc) only to have most people say "no can do" a month out from it ...

Don't know about you, but I'm already excited ... never done a trip like it, and intend to make the most of it and do a longer trip around Australia at the same time (did NT and outback QLD years ago, but have never done WA and SA and can't wait)!!

AB
21st December 2010, 09:09 AM
Was thinking about this thread just now and could not have said it better mate.

2012 will be here before you know it so everyone keep in mind that this will come up quick and make sure the wheels are in motion as it would be dissapointing to only have a handful of people turn up.

I should have found my Patrol by then too...lol....I hope!!!

Very excited! Make sure everyone takes enough time out too. Nothing worse then travelling all the way to a destination to only have 3 or 4 days R&R and back home again.

Sir Roofy
21st December 2010, 03:35 PM
ok allsounds good,where interested but what time of the year would it be happening?

cheers roofy

patch697
21st December 2010, 03:53 PM
ok allsounds good,where interested but what time of the year would it be happening?

cheers roofy

its a close call between: Loveday Adventure Park & Warraweena at tho moment but we will have to call it soon as it will be on us in no time.

DX grunt
21st December 2010, 07:20 PM
its a close call between: Loveday Adventure Park & Warraweena at tho moment but we will have to call it soon as it will be on us in no time.

Given the time of year that is upon us,

Closing date/time for the 2012 get-together
is midnight EDST (9pm WST) , 31st January 2011

So, if you haven't voted, NOW is the time to do it.

Bigrig
21st December 2010, 07:41 PM
I couldn't give a sh!t if it's at your joint Rossco - that's about an 8,400 kilometre round trip give or take, and I'd still be in!!! Hope you're fridge is full though mate!! lol ...

My point being (not aimed at Ross at all actually), that irrespective where it's at, it's going to be an adventure that we'll all need to plan around WELL in advance to ensure you have the funds, the vehicle setup, time off work, map out your route (as said, we'll be doing a bigger overall trip anyway), etc, etc ... this won't be a stroll down to the corner shops for anyone I'm afraid, and quite frankly, that's what makes it so bloody exciting for me - I just hope we get a few boys and girls from around QLD so we can convoy it out (as all places would do I assume) ... it'll be a great holiday, it'll be awesome to catch up face to face with all you lot, and lets face it, whatever happens its got to be better than being at work!!!!!

did I mention I can't wait??? lololol ...

DX grunt
21st December 2010, 07:55 PM
I couldn't give a sh!t if it's at your joint Rossco - that's about an 8,400 kilometre round trip give or take, and I'd still be in!!! Hope you're fridge is full though mate!! lol ...

My point being (not aimed at Ross at all actually), that irrespective where it's at, it's going to be an adventure that we'll all need to plan around WELL in advance to ensure you have the funds, the vehicle setup, time off work, map out your route (as said, we'll be doing a bigger overall trip anyway), etc, etc ... this won't be a stroll down to the corner shops for anyone I'm afraid, and quite frankly, that's what makes it so bloody exciting for me - I just hope we get a few boys and girls from around QLD so we can convoy it out (as all places would do I assume) ... it'll be a great holiday, it'll be awesome to catch up face to face with all you lot, and lets face it, whatever happens its got to be better than being at work!!!!!

No offence taken. It all started with me suggesting a get-together in 2015, then it was changed to 2013 and now 2012.

I totally agree with you BigRig.

We need to start planning, now. I have just given the planning a finite date (31 Jan 2011), so we can all start our logistical and tactical planning, now.

Some of us West Aussies may even car pool. We're all busy people and time will absolutely fly and the get together will be here before we know it.

The idea has been floating around for about 6 months now, and now it's time to make decisions. As a guvvie worker, I have to give basically 12 months notice for holidays. Others are shift workers, self employed, etc, etc, etc.

One request, BigRig.........Please finish that 4x stuff before you get to the gathering. I think you'll be that excited, you'll be ph..issed after the 2nd can. lolol

DX grunt
21st December 2010, 08:03 PM
Hope you're fridge is full though mate!! lol ...

I don't chill dishwashing water.

My fridge will be full of mexican and west aussie amber liquid! I"m excited too!!!!!

I've tried your stuff and absolutely hate it. lol

Bigrig
21st December 2010, 08:07 PM
One request, BigRig.........Please finish that 4x stuff before you get to the gathering. I think you'll be that excited, you'll be ph..issed after the 2nd can. lolol

Hahaha ... no worries old mate ... I only drink Gold at home, usually Tooheys or Hahn when I'm out and about - are they acceptable?? lol ...

I'd like to lock in the dates for the event by the end of Jan also (or is that what you mean??) - i.e. this is where, this is when - you're either committed or you're not ... simple as that ... figure the actual get together has to be somewhere spread out so people can still have their own space/away time, but also can't seeing it being less than 4 nights/5 days for everyone to take it in - not as if we're are going to get 20, 30, 50, whatever amount of people together again for another few years ...

Here's another question that may have been answered already - can non forum members (non patrol owners even) attend? There's pros and cons to this - more numbers, but more likelihood of hanging with your mates and not getting to know members etc, etc - I can swayed either way on the topic, so will leave that one to the powers that be!!!

DX grunt
21st December 2010, 08:15 PM
Hahaha ... no worries old mate ... I only drink Gold at home, usually Tooheys or Hahn when I'm out and about - are they acceptable?? lol ...

I'd like to lock in the dates for the event by the end of Jan also (or is that what you mean??) - i.e. this is where, this is when - you're either committed or you're not ... simple as that ... figure the actual get together has to be somewhere spread out so people can still have their own space/away time, but also can't seeing it being less than 4 nights/5 days for everyone to take it in - not as if we're are going to get 20, 30, 50, whatever amount of people together again for another few years ...

Here's another question that may have been answered already - can non forum members (non patrol owners even) attend? There's pros and cons to this - more numbers, but more likelihood of hanging with your mates and not getting to know members etc, etc - I can swayed either way on the topic, so will leave that one to the powers that be!!!

Exactly..

Cut off day/date for voting is Midnight, EDST (9pm WST). 31 January 2011

I'd personally prefer to keep it a Forum gathering, even though there may only be a few there. We all own Patrols, and I'd like to put a face to a forum/real name. It's what the majority agree to.

The other side of the coin is, that I don't want to see any punch ups betwen Tojo and Patrol owners :furious:. lol

Oi BigRig.... How did......:xxxx: :xxxx: :xxxx: sneak in? Hey? Please explain??????? lol

Woof
21st December 2010, 08:18 PM
I agree with Ross, forum members only..

Bigrig
21st December 2010, 08:32 PM
Exactly..

Cut off day/date for voting is Midnight, EDST (9pm WST). 31 January 2011

I'd personally prefer to keep it a Forum gathering, even though there may only be a few there. We all own Patrols, and I'd like to put a face to a forum/real name. It's what the majority agree to.

The other side of the coin is, that I don't want to see any punch ups betwen Tojo and Patrol owners :furious:. lol

Oi BigRig.... How did......:xxxx: :xxxx: :xxxx: sneak in? Hey? Please explain??????? lol

Not sure on how they slipped in there mate - sounds like a setup!!! lolol ... happy days on forum members only - as said, had no preference either way, just wanted to know what the go was ... and I got a pearler video (ask dhuck) on the weekend of the difference between a patrol and a cruiser *LMFAO* ... the cruiser owner even told me not to video him ... but lets face it ... its me we're talking about!!! lol ... won't post it though, as has his number plate all over it - I'm not that nasty, nor that stupid ...

Tipper
21st December 2010, 08:51 PM
keen as chips, will bring the spit and throw it over the fire, als long as there is BEEEEEERRRR, mm beer, need one now, give me sing along and i shall adhere, Queensland seems close,,,, hint hint

Woof
21st December 2010, 09:00 PM
keen as chips, will bring the spit and throw it over the fire, als long as there is BEEEEEERRRR, mm beer, need one now, give me sing along and i shall adhere, Queensland seems close,,,, hint hint

Hey Tipper, I think I remember that Scotty suggested that this trip is an alcohol free one...................what say you Scottyhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

AB
21st December 2010, 09:31 PM
Definitly plenty of alcohol permitted on this trip...lol

I have a suggestion...More like a spanner in the works suggestion and would love to hear everyones thoughts on this.

Please feel free to throw wild cats at my face for saying this but I dont think we should host the catch up at an organised Adventure Park.

I would hate for all of us to finally catch up and spend a day at some organised camp spot with man made obsticles, flags and some guy waving hands if we take the wrong path.

Ive never been to a 4wd park so if im wrong then please let me know but personally I would love to catch up at some sneaky little spot that some members might know somewhere in our beautiful land where we can do what we want, when we want, drink, smoke, fart and eat what we want and go exploring in some tracks that few people have seen and done.

Just throwing it out there guys so feel free to throw some cats???

DX grunt
21st December 2010, 09:56 PM

I have a suggestion...More like a spanner in the works suggestion and would love to hear everyones thoughts on this.

Please feel free to throw wild cats at my face for saying this but I dont think we should host the catch up at an organised Adventure Park.

I would hate for all of us to finally catch up and spend a day at some organised camp spot with man made obsticles, flags and some guy waving hands if we take the wrong path.

Ive never been to a 4wd park so if im wrong then please let me know but personally I would love to catch up at some sneaky little spot that some members might know somewhere in our beautiful land where we can do what we want, when we want, drink, smoke, fart and eat what we want and go exploring in some tracks that few people have seen and done.

I have no problem with that. It's gotta be in South Australia though. That's about as neutral and as fair as man can be. lol

Either way, the cut off date must remain at 31st January 2011, to enable planning to commence.

patch697
21st December 2010, 10:25 PM
Fully agree with both AB & Rossco here on both counts

Woof
21st December 2010, 10:39 PM
OK, where are we all going nowhttp://209.85.48.9/1806/9/emo/duhz.gif
Wish you lot would make up your mindshttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

DX grunt
21st December 2010, 10:45 PM
OK, where are we all going nowhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/
Wish you lot would make up your mindshttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

See. Us blokes can't make a decision. lolol

We need some local knowledge, sooner rather than later. We need a spot where, after a few drinks, we're not gunna get kicked out, with the cops waiting at the gate to breathalyze us.

A nice quiet place where we can't be accused of trespassing. Know what I mean. lol

It's gunna need a lot of thought from our South OZ members, if that's the way the majority wants to go.

AB, another poll if you please. lol

Cut off date for a decision is still 31 January, 2011

Bigrig
21st December 2010, 10:48 PM
Hey Tipper, I think I remember that Scotty suggested that this trip is an alcohol free one...................what say you Scottyhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Yep - for certain ... I want no shinanigans and alcomohol only promotes the inner stupid in all of us!! LMFAO ...

DX grunt
21st December 2010, 10:50 PM
Yep - for certain ... I want no shinanigans and alcomohol only promotes the inner stupid in all of us!! LMFAO ...

Too much alcohol makes me tell the truth.

And I love to jog! Don't know why, but I do! lol

Bigrig
21st December 2010, 10:51 PM

Have no issue either way mate - if it's an open park (like the ones I'm used to in SEQ) then we can do all you mention without arm waving, toothless hillbillies directing us around (note: apologies to all arm waving, toothless hillbillies on the forum - I do love you deep down!! lol). I'm open to suggestion, and I'm already packing!!! lol

Bigrig
21st December 2010, 10:52 PM
Too much alcohol makes me tell the truth.

And I love to jog! Don't know why, but I do! lol

I'll get a jog up if one is poking its head out and I'm still 20 yards from the nearest bush!!! lolololol ...

patch697
21st December 2010, 10:58 PM
i'll get a jog up if one is poking its head out and i'm still 20 yards from the nearest bush!!! Lolololol ...

roflmao.......................Thats when you know your ruffing it....lol

AB
22nd December 2010, 12:16 AM
If any South Aussies see this and know of any areas then throw some ideas at us.

At the end of the day, we'll find a spot out there I'm sure.

Lets see how this thread goes for a few weeks.

I'll ask around too, we'll come up with a ripper location soon I'm sure.

Woof
22nd December 2010, 12:17 AM
I'll get a jog up if one is poking its head out and I'm still 20 yards from the nearest bush!!! lolololol ...

Oh thanks for sharing that with us Scotty, just remember everyone, when at the Get Together if you see Scotty jogging...............................run the other way.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

my third 256
22nd December 2010, 02:52 AM
hi everyone have been to loveday and the park is very relaxed on all the bad things we do with a few beers under our belts
if we choose loveday we can camp by the river away from everyone and make as much noise as we want
have a look at the site map and then the pictures they have posted its great
pluss all the water we have at the moment in the murray will be around for years unless some gready burocrat from upstream doesnt let it go
so it will be a picture to see
yes dogs can come no reflection on the dogman though
hope to see you all there
merry xmas and a happy new year to all
regards stephen im definately there (retired )time is my own and an understanding wife who lets me go

Bigrig
22nd December 2010, 11:14 AM
hi everyone have been to loveday and the park is very relaxed on all the bad things we do with a few beers under our belts
if we choose loveday we can camp by the river away from everyone and make as much noise as we want
have a look at the site map and then the pictures they have posted its great
pluss all the water we have at the moment in the murray will be around for years unless some gready burocrat from upstream doesnt let it go
so it will be a picture to see
yes dogs can come no reflection on the dogman though
hope to see you all there
merry xmas and a happy new year to all
regards stephen im definately there (retired )time is my own and an understanding wife who lets me go

Top post mate - sounds like the place then ... for now!!! lol

Dark 1
23rd December 2010, 11:46 AM
Wife & i are in. We should be travelling oz by then so will just head down there first.

Kelvin.

Bigrig
23rd December 2010, 02:40 PM
Wife & i are in. We should be travelling oz by then so will just head down there first.

Kelvin.

Good stuff maaaate ... lucky we went over it in 'fine' detail yesterday!! lol

Bigrig
23rd December 2010, 03:59 PM
OK - by the sounds of it from reading the thread, there is 23 interested parties (may not have committed yet, but that's the number) - details below, and if you are going to lock it in Eddie, then you may want to check a box above for location preference etc - we still need to confirm dates also. Everyone else out there (and there are lots of you), C'MON ... get out and enjoy this big land of ours ... will be open enough that you can peel and do your own thing if you need headspace, and always good to meet up with like minded people over a campfire!!!

The list so far:

AB
Plasnart
My Third
DX Grunt
Tuf 42
The Dogman
Patch697
Mark
Locks
YNOT
Nissan Kid
My91GQ
Roady
Chops?
Finly Owner?
Big_Fletch
Wild98
Chris 72GQ
Toddrhind
Perthburts
Roofy
Tipper
BigRig

Be great to get even this many, but more would be awesome!!!!

Finly Owner
24th December 2010, 12:17 AM
what's with the ?. If I can I will!!!!!!!! Someone has to rep the real PATROLs'

LMAO.

DX grunt
29th December 2010, 11:53 PM
what's with the ?. If I can I will!!!!!!!! Someone has to rep the real PATROLs'

LMAO.

Come in spinner HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DX grunt
30th December 2010, 12:01 AM

A friendly reminder folks.

Cut off date for voting for and suggesting another venue is 31 January 2011.

To be fair to one and all, it's gotta be in South OZ :thumbup:

Ross

Woof
30th December 2010, 08:49 PM
Just throwing another one up here, what about Sky Trek, always wanted to do it but never had enough time.
http://www.skytrekwillowsprings.com.au/index.htm

wildgu6
31st December 2010, 05:07 PM
Just throwing another one up here, what about Sky Trek, always wanted to do it but never had enough time.
http://www.skytrekwillowsprings.com.au/index.htm

Skytrek is another great adventure Doggy, but nowhere near as relaxed as Loveday. Dont get me wrong, they're both great treks, Both privately owned, last time at Skytrek, $75 per vehicle, track takes about 6hrs, Great tracks and is well worth a look, haven't tried accomadation there though ??? but only 20 mins from parachilna gorge with a few creek side camp spots and the Prairie hotel with a few cabins available, would be hard to get 200 members together. As for loveday, great tracks and great fun as well, mud, rock, sand, dirt, water. depending when we go Skytrek only dirt and minimal rock. Some of the best scenery in Oz though. Highly recomend both but for the fun value Loveday wins hands down. Got a promo dvd here on Loveday would love you guys to see, If you can find a way let me know.

Cheers Pete

DX grunt
6th January 2011, 10:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoa89S9sPKk

Bump

Just keeping you guys and gals on your toes for the reunion. Don't forget the cut off date for a decision is 31 January 2011.

Finly Owner
6th January 2011, 10:31 PM
Me is a yes

AB
6th January 2011, 10:34 PM
Well the poll is pointing towards Love Day.

We will see if Rohan (Plasnart) found any nice spots upon his return too.

Bigrig
9th January 2011, 04:53 PM
Time is fast approaching ladies and gerbilmen ... location and numbers to be locked in - 536 hours 45 mins remaining ...

Maxhead
9th January 2011, 05:39 PM
Well the poll is pointing towards Love Day.

We will see if Rohan (Plasnart) found any nice spots upon his return too.

Surely someone knows a secluded spot that's not a commercial park that every man and his dog is going to be at. This huge country of ours and this is all it comes down to!!!
Somewhere on the river miles away from anyone with a few challenging tracks around....or am I just dreaming
C'mon SA blokes...whats going on!!!

Happy to have it down here....I know plenty of spots that meet our needs

the evil twin
10th January 2011, 11:10 PM
As long as it isn't the middle of Winter, Me and Satans Sister (Mrs Evil) would like to attend. Reason for the timing is we will be on our way to Tassie as she hasn't ever been and I love the place for a Hol but not in teh Snow Bunny season in a Camper trailer ROFL.

Anyhows... work it out for what suits the majority and we'll try and fit in.

I didn't choose a venue as either of the SA spots looks good to me.

the evil twin
10th January 2011, 11:12 PM
Don't worry Doggy, we're not that scary. But if you sniff my arse I'll bite your ear!

LOL!

Wow... what a funny place to keep your teeth...

the evil twin
11th January 2011, 12:41 AM
Haha, you idiot ET!

Yep... it has taken me well over 50 years to raise "Idiocy" to an entirely new level so I'm def not stopping now... Hehehe

Patrica
11th January 2011, 10:47 PM
Very keen and I have a few others that would be keen as well

Bigrig
11th January 2011, 10:50 PM
Very keen and I have a few others that would be keen as well

That's the spirit!!! Poses an old question that I probably had answered, but like always ... I've forgotten ... I assume it's a case of the more the merrier?? i.e if we wanted to bring other family members (they too have patrols!! phew!!!) and some mates (like minded, not w@nkers) then that's OK I am assuming???

DX grunt
12th January 2011, 08:30 AM
So far only 19 people have voted.

Now we need to think about the time of year. Any suggestions? Remember, it all has to be sorted by midnight, WST, 31 January 2011.

AB
12th January 2011, 08:42 AM
So far only 19 people have voted.

Now we need to think about the time of year. Any suggestions? Remember, it all has to be sorted by midnight, WST, 31 January 2011.

Just throwing some ideas out there.....Easter 2012???

Bigrig
12th January 2011, 09:58 AM
Easter is good!!! Public holidays to help compensate time off work ... two 4 day weeks either side ... not too hot, not too cold ... chocolate eggs ... hmmmm ... chocolate ... egggggsssss ...

Sorry, got side tracked ... Easter has my vote!!

AB
12th January 2011, 10:17 AM
Easter is good!!! Public holidays to help compensate time off work ... two 4 day weeks either side ... not too hot, not too cold ... chocolate eggs ... hmmmm ... chocolate ... egggggsssss ...

Sorry, got side tracked ... Easter has my vote!!

Easter's a good time to travel I think. Always up for a remote holiday every Easter!

Hope everyone is ok with this???

DX grunt
12th January 2011, 10:19 AM
Easter's a good time to travel I think. Always up for a remote holiday every Easter!

Hope everyone is ok with this???

We're getting warmer... now nominate dates, please. lol

Bigrig
12th January 2011, 10:22 AM
So that puts it (working on the two weeks either side of Easter - Good Friday on the 6th April) anywhere from Saturday 31st March to Sunday 15th April ... that should pretty much see my holidays booked then!!

Bigrig
12th January 2011, 10:24 AM
Allowing everyone (let's say) 3-4 days minimum to get there and the same amount of time heading back, the forum meetup would literally have to be smack bang in the middle of that period over the actual Easter weekend ...

AB
12th January 2011, 10:41 AM
Yep sounds good to me...haha my misses won't be happy....My birthday is on April 4th and I'm always away camping because It's always on the easter break....lol

DX grunt
12th January 2011, 10:43 AM
Anybody else want to contribute and nominate dates?

Sir Roofy
12th January 2011, 04:18 PM
Easter april 6/2012 till april 10/2012

sounds good to me if i can make it

roofy

Woof
12th January 2011, 07:37 PM
As long as the Fire Season is over so we can have a roaring fire, Easter sounds good to me.

MudRunnerTD
12th January 2011, 11:18 PM
My birthday is on April 4th

Side track >>>>>> Hey Ab you are born on the anniversary of the assassination of the Rev Martin Luther King mate. what year where you born?

At 6:01 p.m. on April 4, 1968, a shot rang out. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., who had been standing on the balcony of his room at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, TN, now lay sprawled on the balcony's floor. A gaping wound covered a large portion of his jaw and neck. A great man who had spent thirteen years of his life dedicating himself to nonviolent protest had been felled by a sniper's bullet.

AB
13th January 2011, 08:41 AM
Side track >>>>>> Hey Ab you are born on the anniversary of the assassination of the Rev Martin Luther King mate. what year where you born?

You little history buff you...lol....Nah mate jeez I'm not that old....oops....Sorry Doggy and all the senior members..:1087:

DX grunt
13th January 2011, 12:54 PM
As long as the Fire Season is over so we can have a roaring fire, Easter sounds good to me.

That cuts it out having anything over here. No campfires allowed until 30 Apr, then it'll be reviewed.

MudRunnerTD
13th January 2011, 02:57 PM
That cuts it out having anything over here. No campfires allowed until 30 Apr, then it'll be reviewed.

No Probs :tease: You live too far away anyways :animierte-smilies-f

:eck05:

:Yahoo!:

Dark 1
13th January 2011, 08:45 PM
Easter will probably put us off. June would better for us but hey will try my best to go along with whatever decision the group make.

Woof
13th January 2011, 08:59 PM

Thanks for the update Ross.

the evil twin
13th January 2011, 10:28 PM
Yep Easter's a great time.

Works for me... we would do the reverse of our planned trip and go Coastal to Vic and Tassie in March and the call in for the Forum Meet on the way home via the Great Central

Woof
17th January 2011, 10:39 PM
Thinking of bringing my log splitter to make life easier.

What do you guys reckon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdXzaGFkWfU

Just watched it again, are you still bring it with you Plassy...........I just want onehttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

DX grunt
17th January 2011, 11:01 PM
Don't forget the cd with CJ McCaw singing .....CONVOY......Lolololol

DX grunt
28th January 2011, 09:05 AM
Ladies and gentlemen

Time is rapidly running out to vote for the 2012 NissanPatrol.com.au forum gathering, somewhere!

Voting closes at 12 midnight, Monday 31st January 2011 WST (3am EDST). So it's time........last call for voting or suggestions.

Feel free to post any suggestions/ideas on this thread quickly, because time is against us to make a decision.

Thanks

Ross

Sir Roofy
28th January 2011, 04:42 PM
Looks like loveday park is the go

roofy

wildgu6
31st January 2011, 12:44 AM
Looks like loveday park is the go

roofy

SA great mate... Has what the boys need... Ooops and the gals.
Any one that has not been to Loveday before will enjoy it, I promise that.

And if by some chance it is held elsewhere, who gives a rats it will still be a great adventure with this lot.
Roll on 2012

Cheers Pete

Chris72GQ
31st January 2011, 01:04 AM
unfortunately we wouldnt be able to make it for the easter,
having to be in NSW for last week of may then 2nd week of june,
the budget would not be able to be stretched that far to head over for easter as well

Bigrig
31st January 2011, 10:33 AM
15 hours, 7 minutes to go ...

Bigrig
31st January 2011, 10:33 AM
In Queensland at least!!!! lol

AB
31st January 2011, 09:48 PM
Rossco is going to be pissed as I don't think the decision will be made tonight!...lol

Alright, I'll get in contact with some other members here and get his sorted...

It's a must to have a great river away from the crowd so we can fish fish fish as well!!!

The station I used to go to out of Wentworth would be perfect for this event but unfortunately It's flat as a ship carters hat with some dunes here and there but just won't cut it for a 4x4 meet up....It's a shame as It's right on the Murray!

Just need a spot like this but with plenty of tracks, bush, forrest, dunes, etc etc...

Clunk
31st January 2011, 09:52 PM
tick tock tick tock, 5 hrs 40 mins 28seconds to go lol

DX grunt
1st February 2011, 09:42 AM
If anybody has read my last thread..... I've deleted it.

I didn't read AB's thread. It'll be sorted between a few of us, so stay tuned.

Ross

DX grunt
1st February 2011, 09:43 AM
Rossco is going to be pissed as I don't think the decision will be made tonight!...lol

Alright, I'll get in contact with some other members here and get his sorted...

It's a must to have a great river away from the crowd so we can fish fish fish as well!!!

The station I used to go to out of Wentworth would be perfect for this event but unfortunately It's flat as a ship carters hat with some dunes here and there but just won't cut it for a 4x4 meet up....It's a shame as It's right on the Murray!

Just need a spot like this but with plenty of tracks, bush, forrest, dunes, etc etc...

If we need fishing licenses, please let us know. I can't afford to be fined! lol

Bigrig
1st February 2011, 11:16 AM
The easiest way (sorry up front for my blunt honesty) is just ask those who are definites ... Appreciate there is heaps who've responded, but reality is many won't show and/or be able to make it (and that's ok, not having a shot, just the facts when any trip like this is being touted). As I see it, there is about a dozen that seem absolute, so sort it amongst that group and others will either make it or not - you can't please all people all of the time, and new members will keep joining in the meantime who also may tag along - my missus met with her boss yesterday and has already told her of the expected time off, and I've done the same. I'm praying that others have genuinely done the same (and are saving as it will be an expensive little trip for some) - I've said it previously in this thread - there would be nothing worse than everyone giving this lip service only to pull out after people have organized time off, pulled kids out of school, etc, etc ... I know I'd be majorly pissed ... and I'm the village idiot remember!! Hard to piss off the village idiot!!! lol

Just to be clear, we are in - seriously can't wait. Will be awesome on all fronts whatever the location, and look forward to meeting you all over about 800 cans of grog!!!

This has been BigRig reporting for Nissan Patrol .com .au .... LOL

Whitewulf
1st February 2011, 02:38 PM
..., and new members will keep joining in the meantime who also may tag along - my missus met with her boss yesterday and has already told her of the expected time off, and I've done the same. I'm praying that others have genuinely done the same (and are saving as it will be an expensive little trip for some) ....

Ive already called the wife and quickly spoken about it, but not putting full hand up as only just read the post now.
Need to do some juggling - Hoping a post will go up at the end of the year asking for 100% attenders.

Sir Roofy
1st February 2011, 02:48 PM
if we need fishing licenses, please let us know. I can't afford to be fined! Lol
good question ,but what side of the river has the licence,
like at cobram in vic you need n.s.w licence

Bigrig
1st February 2011, 02:49 PM
Ive already called the wife and quickly spoken about it, but not putting full hand up as only just read the post now.
Need to do some juggling - Hoping a post will go up at the end of the year asking for 100% attenders.

Stay tuned mate - that question is bound to happen!! Be awesome if you can - the more the merrier!!

Bigrig
1st February 2011, 02:51 PM
good question ,but what side of the river has the licence,
like at cobram in vic you need n.s.w licence

Are licenses needed in SA? They're not in QLD but having only moved back from NSW last year, I know we needed them down there.

AB
1st February 2011, 02:55 PM
Are licenses needed in SA? They're not in QLD but having only moved back from NSW last year, I know we needed them down there.

I would say so Scotty, need them in Vic as well.

Bigrig
1st February 2011, 03:01 PM
I would say so Scotty, need them in Vic as well.

Well I'll be! Best I sort that too then!! Bloody permits for every bloody thing these days ... sh!ts me no end ... You'd think with all the revenue raised that we'd be able to go where we wanted, when we wanted so long as we have the right permit!! Praying for those days ... not holding my breath though ...

Dark 1
1st February 2011, 11:43 PM
Have we decided on time of year. Last i knew was around june [if so we are definate] if not we'll be 50/50

DX grunt
1st February 2011, 11:45 PM
Have we decided on time of year. Last i knew was around june [if so we are definate] if not we'll be 50/50

Double check with AB. I believe it will be Easter 2012, which means, Anzac Day and Easter Monday will be the same day - 25th April.

Dark 1
1st February 2011, 11:48 PM
Double check with AB. I believe it will be Easter 2012, which means, Anzac Day and Easter Monday will be the same day - 25th April.
Thanks for that ross, looks like we'll have to catch up on the next one.

Bigrig
5th February 2011, 11:43 AM
So is it Loveday? Is anyone else excited?? I seriously can't wait - planning a full 17 days away so I can take the kids to Ayres Rock etc also ... how many are definites???

DX grunt
5th February 2011, 11:52 AM
So is it Loveday? Is anyone else excited?? I seriously can't wait - planning a full 17 days away so I can take the kids to Ayres Rock etc also ... how many are definites???

I think AB is still working on a spot. Not sure.

Bigrig
5th February 2011, 11:54 AM
Yep, time to call it I reckon. I'm excited too!

If it's at Loveday (easy day's drive for me) then I might head across the Nullarbor first, hook up with the west aussies, and come back with them! There's soooo much to see and explore out there.

Loveday is a long bloody drive for us, but I'm dead set pumped!!!

Bigrig
5th February 2011, 11:56 AM
I think AB is still working on a spot. Not sure.

AB - what's the score brother??? Where we going??? Dates??? Should you form a 'mini committee' to finalise it??? Should I shut up??? LOL!!!

big_fletch
5th February 2011, 11:59 AM
Im quite happy with loveday, looks good.. I am about 90% sure i will be there as well

DX grunt
5th February 2011, 12:08 PM
Next year Easter Monday and Anzac Day are on the same day - for those that don't know, it's the 25th of April.

DX grunt
5th February 2011, 12:09 PM
If it all goes ahead, I hope we're gunna have an Anzac Day Ceremony.

Bigrig
5th February 2011, 12:10 PM
If it all goes ahead, I hope we're gunna have an Anzac Day Ceremony.

Good call - x2 on that.

my third 256
6th February 2011, 04:15 AM
Well I'll be! Best I sort that too then!! Bloody permits for every bloody thing these days ... sh!ts me no end ... You'd think with all the revenue raised that we'd be able to go where we wanted, when we wanted so long as we have the right permit!! Praying for those days ... not holding my breath though ...
no you dont need a permit but cod are protected

my third 256
6th February 2011, 04:22 AM
hay AB how about a list where we can put our names in to show if we are comming /maybee /or not
just a list only then those that dont turn up we can name and shame put heeps of shit on them and what a great time we had
by the way how long are we going to stay there all easter /1 week ???

DX grunt
6th February 2011, 04:36 AM
hay AB how about a list where we can put our names in to show if we are comming /maybee /or not
just a list only then those that dont turn up we can name and shame put heeps of shit on them and what a great time we had
by the way how long are we going to stay there all easter /1 week ???

Good night, mate. It's late.

Bigrig
6th February 2011, 09:45 AM
I feel like a dog hanging around the BBQ table waiting for scraps!!! LOL. "woof woof, slobber, growl, yap, aroooooooooooo" ... Doggy language for "what the f^ck is going onnnnnnnnn"!!! LOL ...

AB
6th February 2011, 09:08 PM
I can't add another poll to a thread that already has a poll so should we just scrap this poll above and start again with who is 100% coming and then from there we can work out a destination soon???

the evil twin
6th February 2011, 11:16 PM
Next year Easter Monday and Anzac Day are on the same day - for those that don't know, it's the 25th of April.

Huh... thats this year Ross as in 2011

Next year... as in 2012... Easter Monday is April the 9th

DX grunt
6th February 2011, 11:25 PM
Huh... thats this year Ross as in 2011

Next year... as in 2012... Easter Monday is April the 9th

Everybody, I've stuffed up again. My mentor is correct, again. See how much pressure I'm under lol.

Promise I'll be back to normal after my well deserved rest at my rarely inhabited and secluded piece of Terra Firma.

Have a look at CampingWA website, ET. I've updated my view on the place. I'm sure there's been some upgrading at the spot.

Thanks ET

Bigrig
7th February 2011, 12:07 AM
This poll, that poll, whatever f'ing poll you like, but I'm in OK!!? LOL

the evil twin
7th February 2011, 12:28 AM
I had a stickybeek too Ross. Looks like a top spot mate and I've gotta say I'm a bit jealous!

At the risk of a small 'jack... The WA boys and us Eastern Expats luuuuuvvvvv the WA South Coast that doesn't get anything like the exposure of the Kimberley and Ningaloo etc...

Check this out, like where Roscoe is going these spots are within 1 hours drive of each other and by no means the best either but very nice http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2736-Hopetoun-to-Stokes-NP&p=37383#post37383

Bigrig
7th February 2011, 10:56 AM
It's the 7th of February and I need at least 14 months of preparation, soooooo ... where? when? who? what? why?

It's a big trip I know, and for that very reason it should be a straight forward decision ... excuse my blunt honesty and pragmatism, but here goes ...

1. Can you and your missus get at least two weeks off work?
2. If you have kids, are you willing to pull them out of school for a fantastic opportunity to explore this great land?
3. Is your rig up to the task? (fuel range, mechanically, camping gear, etc).
4. Can you afford it? It won't be cheap I realise, but it is over a year away.
5. Do you really, really, really want to go? Probably one of, if not the most important one to answer - if yes, you'll make the rest happen!

If you answered 'yes' to all of the above, then you throw up a post that reads something like "I'll be there no doubt" ... if not, that's ok, no pressure and certainly no I'll feeling from anyone I'm sure ... we'd love everyone to attend, but life sucks sometimes!

The cost is always a big issue, and a lot of that will centre around fuel - suggestion for what it's worth, open another stock standard bank account - cheque or otherwise, one with limited fees - and set an auto pay to throw some dollars into it each week direct from your pay account so you don't even see it - $10, $20, $30 whatever you feel is achievable ... if you can do $20 a week as an example, that will equate to around $1200 by the time the trip rears it's ugly head. Should cover most if not all fuel and one of the single biggest expenses is covered.

I know it's not that clear cut for some, but as said a month ago, I don't want to be deciding on what's happening for the next 6 months - I'd rather be planning for a known trip.

Harsh?? But fair?? I don't know - all I know is I and the whole family wish to do a big trip next year, and if the opportunity to meet up with many of you somewhere along that run is possible, then I'll go out of my way to ensure I make it happen - haven't met many off the forum yet, but if the ones I have met are anything to go by, then it would be something special and I would seriously regret missing it. No, I'm not lonely and looking to make friends!!! LOL - I just value good people, and good ones like the ones I chat to every day on this forum (i.e. YOU!!!) don't come along every day.

This has been another report from camp BigRig ... back to you at the news desk AB!!! LOL

my third 256
7th February 2011, 02:58 PM
i will be there definate already got a couple of mates with patrols very interested
wife has already asked and got time off
school holidays here so no problem there
stephen

Bigrig
7th February 2011, 03:33 PM
i will be there definate already got a couple of mates with patrols very interested
wife has already asked and got time off
school holidays here so no problem there
stephen

That's the way!!

Dark 1
7th February 2011, 07:19 PM
Would love to come but unfortunately we won't be able to do easter so thanks but Nat & I will have to withdraw our interest. Bloody jacked off to was really looking foward to it , oh well will catch up with ya's on the next one.

Sir Roofy
7th February 2011, 07:24 PM
Where going to give it a good nudge the boss is very keen so id say its a yes

Woof
7th February 2011, 07:26 PM
OK, I'm a definate maybe, just got to talk to the new boss when I start my new job.

Bigrig
7th February 2011, 07:35 PM
That's two definites and two definite maybes!!!

Keep em rolling ladies and gerbilmen!! Let's get this thing decided!!

Sorry to anyone if I stepped on toes! I do realise they are attached to the feet at the bottom of the legs that support the arse I may have to kiss one day!!! Just trying to help ... in my own megalomatic fashion!! LOL

AB
7th February 2011, 08:57 PM
I'm 100% be there too!

Umm....I have just stuffed this poll up...lol....I edited the old poll to say "who is coming or not, etc" but if you already voted in the old poll then you can't vote in this one...lol

Now, I can't seem to delete this poll, all I can do is edit it but if you already voted in the first poll then you can't vote again.

I have really screwed this up now...lol.

Might have to unstick this and start a new thread with a new poll so we know exactly who is coming along...Any other ideas folks?

DX grunt
7th February 2011, 09:01 PM
Barring unforseen circumstances and the fact I can't find a suitable dress, I'm a goer. lol

Ross
DX grunt

Bigrig
7th February 2011, 11:10 PM
I'm 100% be there too!

Might have to unstick this and start a new thread with a new poll so we know exactly who is coming along...Any other ideas folks?

Yep - just do that - this thread is tainted now!! LOL

the evil twin
7th February 2011, 11:15 PM
...........find a suitable dress, I'm a goer

Ross
DX grunt

- this thread is tainted now!! LOL

Bwaaahahahaha... it sure is with that comment Roscoe :eck05:

Bigrig
8th February 2011, 09:18 AM
So that's Roofy and Doggy as definite maybe's and AB, Plassy, DX Grunt, My Third (and some others possibly) and BigRig (we'll have two cars there) as definites ...

Sir Roofy
8th February 2011, 09:44 AM
I'm 100% be there too!

Umm....I have just stuffed this poll up...lol....I edited the old poll to say "who is coming or not, etc" but if you already voted in the old poll then you can't vote in this one...lol

Now, I can't seem to delete this poll, all I can do is edit it but if you already voted in the first poll then you can't vote again.

I have really screwed this up now...lol.

were definite

Bigrig
8th February 2011, 10:33 AM
were definite

That's 6 definites with at least 7 vehicles - bootiful. It's getting there - so we are all happy with Loveday, or should we say "somewhere in the middle of Australia", and we'll work out the location amongst the definites once they are all identified?? I figure if we end up with even 10 or so definites from the forum, would still be awesome as no doubt people will travel with other friends and family also, so we are still talking 30 or so people at least with kids etc.

I'm excited again!!!!

AB
8th February 2011, 10:47 AM
What does everyone think of Loveday?

I was kind of hoping for a sneaky river spot with great fishing away from other people and exploring non man made tracks and terrains, etc.

Unless Loveday has all of this???

What do you think Scotty???

Bigrig
8th February 2011, 11:26 AM
What does everyone think of Loveday?

I was kind of hoping for a sneaky river spot with great fishing away from other people and exploring non man made tracks and terrains, etc.

Unless Loveday has all of this???

What do you think Scotty???

I'm with you - we'll have the rods with us regardless as we both love fishing (especially the missus), so to be honest, having somewhere we could all crack a few tinnies and wet a line would be awesome. From what I saw on the website, and I didn't scan too hard as I didn't really care where we went, I don't think Loveday would accommodate this.

My suggestion, for what it's worth, is lock in the numbers as suggested knowing we are going somewhere remote irrespective of where, and once that is done, that group of people decide the location. Surely in this great land of ours we can find somewhere that will appease everyone. I'm not exactly going to be flogging my rig 4WD'ing in the middle of nowhere with no access to parts or mechanics, so moreso a location with scenic trails, some fourbie work, fishing, relaxing, and catching up with you lads over a campfire and 4000 beers is what I am thinking - always open to suggestion though of course.

AB
8th February 2011, 11:34 AM
I'm with you - we'll have the rods with us regardless as we both love fishing (especially the missus), so to be honest, having somewhere we could all crack a few tinnies and wet a line would be awesome. From what I saw on the website, and I didn't scan too hard as I didn't really care where we went, I don't think Loveday would accommodate this.

My suggestion, for what it's worth, is lock in the numbers as suggested knowing we are going somewhere remote irrespective of where, and once that is done, that group of people decide the location. Surely in this great land of ours we can find somewhere that will appease everyone. I'm not exactly going to be flogging my rig 4WD'ing in the middle of nowhere with no access to parts or mechanics, so moreso a location with scenic trails, some fourbie work, fishing, relaxing, and catching up with you lads over a campfire and 4000 beers is what I am thinking - always open to suggestion though of course.

That's exactly what I'm thinking too mate, good stuff!

Let's lock in who is coming and from where and after a month or so we'll knuckle down and find a spot that is best for the majority!

Sir Roofy
8th February 2011, 11:35 AM
how about a location first,makes sence to me then you can work your financeses around this your fuel how much food you need to take etc,then you can ask for definite numbers
if its loveday, where going ,can manage that run and time frame

Bigrig
8th February 2011, 11:38 AM
how about a location first,makes sence to me then you can work your financeses around this your fuel how much food you need to take etc,then you can ask for definite numbers
if its loveday, where going ,can manage that run and time frame

Cool - I'll start googling away and throw up some suggestions (others can obviously do the same) - might still be Loveday, but let's have a hunt regardless.

Sir Roofy
8th February 2011, 11:57 AM
thats a fair deal,with water and lots of fish lol

Bigrig
8th February 2011, 12:04 PM
thats a fair deal,with water and lots of fish lol

I will try hard on the water aspect, but up to the fish gods on the numbers there for catching!! LOL ... Ahhhh ... but that's half the fun ... lazing about with the line in, talking sh!t, cracking a few coldies ... I'm starting to relax already!! LOL

AB
8th February 2011, 12:08 PM
I'm 90% sure with the numbers that will be going the location will be in SA around the same distance from Melbourne to Loveday Roofy, so I would be budgeting on that mate.

Bigrig
8th February 2011, 12:17 PM
I'm 90% sure with the numbers that will be going the location will be in SA around the same distance from Melbourne to Loveday Roofy, so I would be budgeting on that mate.

Yep - it's going to be in centre (ish) somewhere to accommodate for everyone, so I'd work on that sort of distance/time. I don't think it's going to be a dramatic change of location distance wise if we do decide to change it - i.e. I won't be suggesting Broome!! LOL

Sir Roofy
8th February 2011, 12:22 PM
Ill leave it in yor good hands im sure it will be the best weekend that we,ll all remember for a long time

Bigrig
8th February 2011, 03:47 PM
Righto - had my first detailed look at Loveday and sussed out a few other places as well. For the moment, probably stick with Loveday would be my suggestion as it does have 14klms of Murray access and with all the water that's fallen, it should be flowing and well stocked (I hope) even in 14 months. Probably more convenient to our Victorian, South Australian, and New South Wales members - a fair hike for us Queenslanders and the WA boys and girls, but still reasonably central to what we look to achieve. Only 40klms of tracks, but we should be able to find a shelf or two to play around on, and there seems to be plenty of other tracks around that area anyway. Most of us would probably be traveling there or back via the outback, so we'd more than likely be over tracks anyway!! LOL

Has facilities and its only the potential for crowds that pose any bother to me. Other than that, happy to leave it that way. Looking at it, we are more than likely (not sure which way around this will be - there or on the way back) going to head from brissy and out to Alice via Boulia and the like across the Diamontina Development road and into Alice - down to Ayres Rock and surrounds, and then down to Loveday - from there, back across the top of Vic and back via central NSW ... Something like that anyway ...

Sooooo ... everyone content to leave it as Loveday??

AB

You might want to start a new thread with a poll on it for definite numbers only if everyone is still happy with Loveday - thoughts??

AB
8th February 2011, 04:03 PM
Here is the link mate, I did it last night....http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2745-Nissan-Patrol-Forum-meet-up-Easter-2012

I'm happy with that mate, as long as the fish is biting I'm happy.

Yep, the only issue I have with Loveday is the potential large crowds and Yahoos.

Has anyone been there to confirm what It's like by chance?

Bigrig
8th February 2011, 06:05 PM
Bootiful ...

Bigrig
11th February 2011, 04:33 PM
Bump - just want to keep it fresh in everyone's mind!!!

Sir Roofy
11th February 2011, 07:29 PM
got it on the calander mate,if its on the river noworrys away from hoons even better on our own blissfull