PDA

View Full Version : Immobiliser won't turn off

puffygis
27th June 2011, 06:39 PM
Can't get my 2003 GU III started with either of my keys so think it must be problem with computer/immobiliser itself (both tanks full of diesel and batteries new) - it turns over fine but won't start and the red light on the dash not going off. Any ideas I can try before taking it to dealership? Can i try to reset the computer somehow?

Locksmith and auto electritian said can only be remedied by Dealer...:animierte-smilies-f

NissanGQ4.2
27th June 2011, 06:45 PM
Hi mate, post up an intro in the intro thread when u get a chance, most members will only reply to a Q after an intro has been put up.

Cheers

Todd

puffygis
7th July 2011, 10:17 AM
the oh so rude dealership tells me that factory immobilizer probably has been stuffed by using a non-nissan made copy of the original key, they apparently interfere with each other and lock up the immobolizer unit (even though the copied key has worked for 3 months). They say a whole new immobiliser unit and keys will probably need to be put int costing $2000+, and that this "happens all the time with Patrols, and will probably happen to you again" and that it is illegal to disable/remove immobilzer unit from modern cars. Does all this sound right or am I really being screwed by the dealer?

snicko
7th July 2011, 12:20 PM
Hi puffygis
I have a 2006 GU and have got two after-market ignition keys as back ups that get used now and again.

The good after-market ones are cloned from the original keys.

I would say your immobilizer is the problem but not caused by after-market keys.

My suggestion would be to go to another dealer and get a second opinion.