PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Bob

AB
10th April 2020, 12:23 PM
I just heard the news, our mate Bob has sadly passed away this morning!

What a treasure to have known you Bob and what a pleasure to have enjoyed so many wonderful camping trips with us here, you will be missed by many here and may you rest in piece old mate!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
10th April 2020, 12:52 PM
Rest in peace mate. You will be missed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mudnut
10th April 2020, 01:11 PM
My deepest sympathies to Lorraine and family.

Hodge
10th April 2020, 01:30 PM
RIP ol. mate.
Thoughts are with Lorraine and family.

pearcey
10th April 2020, 02:22 PM
Very sad to hear.
Thoughts and prayers to Lorraine and family.

Cuppa
10th April 2020, 02:50 PM
I was told earlier this morning that Bob was very poorly. Now he is gone. It might sound odd but Bob & I loved stirring each other, especially about politics. It began on one of the Murray trips where we first met, & became our way of 'connecting'. It was always warm hearted & although we sometimes held very disparate views we knew we liked each other. It is now some time since I last spent time with Bob, but that doesn't make the news any easier. He was a good bloke. My thoughts are with all those who loved him.

Cuppa

jay see
10th April 2020, 03:00 PM
Well they say that it happens in 3s.
My sister in law father passed last night, a co worker lost his father yesterday afternoon and now Bob.

Rip gentlemen. [emoji120]

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Rossco
10th April 2020, 03:17 PM
Rest in peace ol' mate true gentleman was an absolute pleasure to have known you and enjoyed so many trips. Thoughts and love go out to Loraine and family.

MudRunnerTD
10th April 2020, 03:23 PM
Rest In Peace Old Mate. Say G'day to Roofy.

My Condolences to Lorraine and family.

Plasnart
10th April 2020, 03:41 PM
Deepest sympathies to Lorraine and family. Very sad time.

Thanks for the memories Bob. You were a truly decent man, a great friend to this forum and will be sadly missed. Bye mate, see you again one day.

Winnie
10th April 2020, 04:17 PM
Rest in peace Bob. It was truly a pleasure to know you mate. Say G'day to Roofy from us.
This one's for you.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/04/46.jpg

P.S. I might get drunk later on and sprinkle some coals on top! I know you'd love it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sir Roofy
10th April 2020, 04:17 PM
My condolences to Lorraine.
I like to think that Bob and Roofy are sitting by a river with a beer in one hand and a fishing rod in the other talking about old times. They were great mates.
I also have some good memories of camping with Bob and Lorraine.
Quite a few times Roofy said he couldn't understand why you young blokes liked him and Bob (grumpy old blokes) to come with them when they camped and 4x4d.
This forum and the blokes and girls in it became a big part of their lives. I don't think you all realise how important you became to them.
It's not just a forum but a family of great people who actually care for others. A huge thank you x
I hope when this virus is over we can get together with Lorraine a have a drink .
R.I.P Bob xo

AB
10th April 2020, 06:39 PM
My condolences to Lorraine.
I like to think that Bob and Roofy are sitting by a river with a beer in one hand and a fishing rod in the other talking about old times. They were great mates.
I also have some good memories of camping with Bob and Lorraine.
Quite a few times Roofy said he couldn't understand why you young blokes liked him and Bob (grumpy old blokes) to come with them when they camped and 4x4d.
This forum and the blokes and girls in it became a big part of their lives. I don't think you all realise how important you became to them.
It's not just a forum but a family of great people who actually care for others. A huge thank you x
I hope when this virus is over we can get together with Lorraine a have a drink .
R.I.P Bob xo

Beautiful Jane, what a great read!

MB
10th April 2020, 07:08 PM
Rest In Peace Bob Mate.
Sincerest Condolences Lorraine & Family.
Great Man, Great Legacy.

mudski
10th April 2020, 07:52 PM
May you Rest In Peace Bob. You were a great man leaving us with great memories of you.

TPC
10th April 2020, 08:35 PM
RIP Bob, I really enjoyed our banter over the relatively short time I knew you.
The get togethers will not be the same without you.
I hope you can join us Lorraine after this bloody virus is sorted so we can celebrate his life together.

NissanGQ4.2
10th April 2020, 08:43 PM
Rip Bob :(

Jane... you just made me cry and I'm not usually an emotional man

TPC
10th April 2020, 08:54 PM
Rip Bob :(

Jane... you just made me cry and I'm not usually an emotional man

Glad I wasn't the only one.

mudski
10th April 2020, 09:03 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one.

Yep. Me too....
This ones for Bob.

jack
10th April 2020, 09:42 PM
Rest In Peace Bob.

Taken me a while to find the words to express how I feel.
My wife would say, aren't you to old to be into this 4wd'ing? My standard reply was, "there's a couple of blokes there older than me".

Now I've got to think of another reason to turn up, I guess it will be to talk about you and old mate Roofy.

Say g'day to Roofy for me Bob, have a good laugh at the antics of some of the younger members at past meets, I know I do. You'll be sadly missed by all.
Sincere condolences to Lorraine and family.

Love
Jack & Elsie

growler2058
10th April 2020, 09:49 PM
Only did two trips with ya BoB but they won’t be forgotten. I’ll miss reading your thoughts of the day. And ya know you were right bloody Aussie (Johnno) Shoulda got himself a Tom Tom. RIP mate

MudRunnerTD
11th April 2020, 09:28 AM
R.I.P. Bob, Boots Up Gents. Keep an eye on the rest of us please.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/04/52.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Maxhead
11th April 2020, 04:44 PM
Rest easy Bob...miss ya mate

Winnies-missus
12th April 2020, 11:55 AM
The only photo I could find of our Bob, good thing we never forget great memories. RIP Bob. 80857

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Rossco
12th April 2020, 01:01 PM
Good pic, the ultimate coals on top vs non coals on top challenge [emoji6] . .

MB
13th April 2020, 05:27 AM
You have to respect Bob’s quite logical explanation of his NCOT tucker method.
“Stops ash getting all over my dinner when drunken wobbly fools want to peer inside whilst cooking”
LOVE IT :-)

threedogs
14th April 2020, 08:41 AM
Well done Bob one of the true gentlemen, we did the coals on top vs no coals on the lid.
The dynamic duo are back together, so watch out. A life well lived, now sadly ended.
from, Threedogs, Phil and Con who send their condolences to Lorraine and family

AB
17th April 2020, 08:00 PM
Well done Bob one of the true gentlemen, we did the coals on top vs no coals on the lid.
The dynamic duo are back together, so watch out. A life well lived, now sadly ended.
from, Threedogs, Phil and Con who send their condolences to Lorraine and family

Such a shit time of our lives for your next life bob as we can’t be there to say goodbye old mate but we are and always thinking of you our grumpy old bastard lol

rusty_nail
17th April 2020, 09:29 PM
Such a shit time of our lives for your next life bob as we can’t be there to say goodbye old mate but we are and always thinking of you our grumpy old bastard lol

were still on the cards to do a high country farewell according to lorraine mate. its not the send of everyone wanted to be at but it is at least something.

Plasnart
18th April 2020, 12:03 AM

Never met the grumpy version of Bob. He was always an absolute gentleman when I sat down and chatted with him. Maybe he was grumpy to the next person after I left! Woops.

Plasnart
18th April 2020, 12:06 AM
Sensitive I know, but is Bob's funeral being streamed? I'd like to tune in if so.

Sprock
19th April 2020, 12:34 AM
That is sad news - even when you know it’s coming . I only met him a few times but I never got the grumpy Bob either .