PDA

View Full Version : Identifying my Patrol

VJB
8th March 2020, 06:03 PM
Hi
My first post and new to Nissan Patrols.
I am sure this is a very easy question to answer but I cannot find one online.
I have just bought a used 2010 Patrol DX Ute in good condition. It has a ZD30 DDTi type B engine.
However, I cannot find any information as to how to find out the GU series (4,5,or 6) nor the horsepower of the motor. I far as I can see there are 3 HPs for this type of engine.
I looked at the plates under the hood and there are letters and numbers that are unintelligible to me. The user’s manual is a universal one.
The reason I wanted to know is because I was going to buy a Provent oil catch can and one of the questions was “What series?”
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I look forward to exploring this site.
Thanks

Hodge
8th March 2020, 07:02 PM
Yours would be a ZD30 Common Rail 3L . ALL of those motors from series 4 GU Y61 on-wards all the way to last release 2016 are identical. So the piping size would be the same across all of them.

the evil twin
8th March 2020, 07:34 PM
Yours will be a Series 6.

Series 4 and earlier were ZD30Di engine not ZD30crd (common rail) so engine parts are often incompatible.

Series 5 (and on) should be OK as Hodge has said... Series 6 in the Utes ran from '07 to '13 IIRC (Nissan don't necessarily align the Cab Chasis and the Wagons when it comes to model releases)

Hodge
8th March 2020, 10:44 PM
Also to add ... As much as the crd motor being identical across all series that featured it ... So in and out hose sizes will be the same .
One reason they might ask for a specific series , is the mounting kit, as that might differ maybe .